User Tag List

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: TD42 - All Variants Aussie Water Thermostats

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still got that 82deg @MB ? I'll send you some $ and give it a run if you do.
    2003 GU TD42 with a few extra ponies

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 0-TJ-0 For This Useful Post:

MB (11th February 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry TJ, just installed it last week mate in a work GQ. Can’t really tell what it’s doing yet as the old ute only has an OEM gauge at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (11th February 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Interesting thread MB. Nice one mate. So just fitted the 79c with the quikaz fan and hub. In have also just fitted the redarc guage you have which will give me insight into the water temps. I will have to get to k now tgis engine all over again now as this is a game changer. I think it 8s going to do my head in for a while though.
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 17th February 2020 at 12:32 AM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (20th February 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Interesting thread MB. Nice one mate. So just fitted the 79c with the quikaz fan and hub. In have also just fitted the redarc guage you have which will give me insight into the water temps. I will have to get to k now tgis engine all over again now as this is a game changer. I think it 8s going to do my head in for a while though.
    Is that the genuine 79deg stat your putting in or the dayco one from qikazz? I just ordered the dayco one from qikazz to give that a try. My temps aren't too bad most of the time just looking for a bit more stability and a scooch higher than the 74deg I saw it get down to on the down hill runs yesterday :/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 0-TJ-0 For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (17th February 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0-TJ-0 View Post
    Is that the genuine 79deg stat your putting in or the dayco one from qikazz? I just ordered the dayco one from qikazz to give that a try. My temps aren't too bad most of the time just looking for a bit more stability and a scooch higher than the 74deg I saw it get down to on the down hill runs yesterday :/
    I've just put the Dayco t/stat in, as well as a new water pump, new radiator and the Qikazz fan/hub. Haven't driven on it yet, towing the van up to east Gippsland next weekend though so that will be a good test.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    I've just put the Dayco t/stat in, as well as a new water pump, new radiator and the Qikazz fan/hub. Haven't driven on it yet, towing the van up to east Gippsland next weekend though so that will be a good test.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Let me know how it goes. I've just put the new hub and fan in and love it. Temp still slowly climbs on those big hills towing a 2 ton camper but much slower than it used to.. and drop it back to 3rd and than fan roars and temps drop. Brilliant. I'm happy with the overall cooling for now, I'd just like the default temps to be a bit higher and more stable, will stop me watching it so much haha.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0-TJ-0 View Post
    The dayco from quikazz. Now need to re learn the car with an accurate temp guage.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (17th February 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Haven’t driven the old family GU faithful truckster for a little while now as was away working with the GQ almost as much loved kettle up north until this warming last weeks home. Scored a 39C ambient GU temp test day yesterday for a blast up our home test hill still on the Russian 88C winter TS as installed before.

Finally managed to sneak a new 2019 record of 99C on this hill top once eased off the peddle with heatsoak and it blipped up there for a fleeting full open few seconds before back to old 76.5C TS same same too max of 98C summer found for us last year on the brand new then OEM radiator.

Best I can nuffy understand from findings now is that regardless of purchased OEM thermostat settings the summer time ‘max’ temps in this wagon don’t seem to alter although the rest of the years warmer and down to seriously colder ambient temps hug so so much closer to healthier running temps of 88C + I smell and find much betterer :-)
    Really keen for anyone please to trial the OEM 82C (apparently Aussie manual spec) version to see if they can achieve similar‘stability’ instead of huge ‘fluctuations’ as what originally did scared me and these beloved donks we have!
    IMHO now: “It’s all in our cooling systems overall health”
    ~MB :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey mate, you know how your a bloody rippa Bloke. Did you by chance fit the Black control box for your gauge is an easily accessible location? Yesterday during the install i accidentally closed the bloody drivers door while the loom was hanging out and destroyed the black plug that goes into the black box. damn it. Looking like it is not available and i need to make something work. I was at Gauge Works Geelong today hoping i could just buy a black plug and re-pin it but no joy. He said it may well be a common plug for the back of a stereo and suggesting i go to a wrecker and see if i can find something to suire and then re-pin it.

I really need a couple of photos of it to be honest. and also very important, i need a good photo of the pin layout so i can re-pin it. I think it is a 4 wire but 8 pin connection.

In fact anyone with a Redarc 3 way gauge like this i would appreciate any help you have. Will make a call to Redarc tomorrow but not sure they will help. Surely im not the first person to do this. To my astonishment the plug is made from a very brittle hard plastic rather than a Urethane Resin and has just disintegrated.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this what you need?
    You can download the manual from their site: https://www.redarc.com.au/egt-boost-...rature-display
    Just underneath the price is the PDF.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cremulator For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (17th February 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cremulator View Post
    Is this what you need?
    You can download the manual from their site: https://www.redarc.com.au/egt-boost-...rature-display
    Just underneath the price is the PDF.
    Cheers mate. Yeah I have that manual in hard copy.

No no have fully SMASHED this plug damn it. Beyond recognition. All the pins are safe but now out of casing. I need a new plug blank then re pin it.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast