Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madoder View Post
    I use a 3G signal booster for Telstra, actually helps to make the signal more stable in the car. The installation wasn't that hard. They also have 4G and other options: www.myamplifiers.com/en-au/
    Can you tell exactly which model you are using and under what circumstances? My Cel-Fi, which is the only ACMA approved system for use in Aust is brilliant, however the camp is still suffering from really poor cellphone coverage and most people dont have the cash or want to pay what I did, so a cheaper and effective unit would be great to know about so I can pass it along.We are under a 3/5 3G signal and a 0-1/5 4G umbrella. When 200 people get back to camp between 6-7pm, communication to home is a pain. Look forward to hearing what you have.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a passive receiver on the Island I do a bit of work on but until I go back in a week or so, I can't get brand and model no.
    It works most of the time for SMS and voice but data can be a problem depending on weather conditions and time of day and which way the wind is blowing. The closest tower is just over 70klm away so I suppose that is not to bad.
    The phone has to be on the unit so it is hands free or headphones but bluetooth works well.
    A Telstra dongle also works if run up a pole so will get details as well next time I go back.
    At the end of the day, all you have is yourself and all you need is your friends (and in our case our Patrol)
    2006 GUI1 4.2TDi Coil Cab "almost" standard

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard52 View Post
    We have a passive receiver on the Island I do a bit of work on but until I go back in a week or so, I can't get brand and model no.
    It works most of the time for SMS and voice but data can be a problem depending on weather conditions and time of day and which way the wind is blowing. The closest tower is just over 70klm away so I suppose that is not to bad.
    The phone has to be on the unit so it is hands free or headphones but bluetooth works well.
    A Telstra dongle also works if run up a pole so will get details as well next time I go back.
    OK, thanks. The site has now clamped down on range extender devices except the model I have as its Telstra approved - quite a few pissed off people however their devices were causing havoc about the site, so I guess they deserve to be shut down. If the devices are not removed some sort of disciplinary action is pending.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123