Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    @PeeBee

I have just gone back through this thread looking for your post but cant find it, i added these to my watch list when you posted them. Can you give me a review on them? Are you happy with how much better than a cheaper set they may be please. Keen.

https://www.ebay.com.au/i/2811654439...2Cchnl%3Dmkcid
    Darren, I believe they have been delivered to home, but stuck at the mine for another week. I will let you know post Feb 19. I intend to throw all my other crimpers out.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (17th February 2021), MudRunnerTD (11th February 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Aldi on Saturday i stumbled on these. Given the lock down yoyr local Aldi may still have them.

Reusable 250mm long Cable Zip ties. Under $10 from memory.

I have a few of these out of the USA from 15 years ago. Very handy in the 4B for keeping airbase tied to the cargo barrier and stuff.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

10G (17th February 2021), MB (17th February 2021), mudski (19th February 2021), rusty_nail (17th February 2021)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 2 packets of these waiting at home for me now, interested to see the locking quality.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (18th February 2021), MudRunnerTD (19th February 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    I have 2 packets of these waiting at home for me now, interested to see the locking quality.
    Great. I would not trust my life with them but bloody handing for securing stuff.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (19th February 2021)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great. I would not trust my life with them but bloody handing for securing stuff.
    Agree, just got home, unwrapping the boxes and found these, they don't look like the advert, the tang is quite small, however they lock quite firmly. I dont think any cable tie is a life saver device, but these have their place.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (19th February 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agree, just got home, unwrapping the boxes and found these, they don't look like the advert, the tang is quite small, however they lock quite firmly. I dont think any cable tie is a life saver device, but these have their place.
    Enough about the bloody zip ties!!!! Tell me about the crimper. LMFAO. I am teetering on the bit now button. What did you pay?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (19th February 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Itchy finger......

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knipex 97 00 215 A Crimp Grip Plier (9700215A)

$140 AUD,

Have only just got home Daz, opened and closed them a few times, they are very 'positive' in action, just like a pair of vice grips. The throat is adjustable for height of final clamp. The wire stripper function is also adjustable, so you can set the stripper jaws exactly to the right diameter without needing the feel of a thousand butterfly eyelashes.

Back to the cable ties....................................they dont have that big lug that yours has, hence they appear to be less usable for that function, but they do release ok.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Aldi on Saturday i stumbled on these. Given the lock down yoyr local Aldi may still have them.

Reusable 250mm long Cable Zip ties. Under $10 from memory.

I have a few of these out of the USA from 15 years ago. Very handy in the 4B for keeping airbase tied to the cargo barrier and stuff.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Wow! I had only a couple of these and love them. I need more.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Knipex 97 00 215 A Crimp Grip Plier (9700215A)

$140 AUD,

Have only just got home Daz, opened and closed them a few times, they are very 'positive' in action, just like a pair of vice grips. The throat is adjustable for height of final clamp. The wire stripper function is also adjustable, so you can set the stripper jaws exactly to the right diameter without needing the feel of a thousand butterfly eyelashes.

Back to the cable ties....................................they dont have that big lug that yours has, hence they appear to be less usable for that function, but they do release ok.
    Awesone. The knipex sound great.

I'm surprised yourself are different to mine Phil? Maybe they had more than one size. ? What does the label say?

Yeah @mudski I have had a few for 15 years ans knew what these were as soon as I saw them ans jumped on them. Very very handy.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

mudski (19th February 2021)

Page 76 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast