Thread: Cruise Control "Command" brand

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Cruise Control "Command" brand

I have a Command cruise control in my 2006 3.0 Di. This was fitted by the dealer when the Patrol was new. Now it just does not "work" and no-one (including the dealer) wants to know about it. Seems after market cruise controls are orphans. My auto electrician will not even look at aftermarket units. I know the switch and IR pickup work--the indicator light comes on, so not the fuse.
    I am considering just replacing the whole system BUT I have no way of knowing if the fault is the Command cruise control or the Patrol, and Nissan is not willing to tell me if they can check the car even if the cruise is disconnected.
    Anyone have any ideas??
    A decent system is $700, genuine -who knows.
    GU IV 2006; 3.0 DDi ST-S; Nissan Snorkel, Bull Bar and Tow Bar; Warn 8,000# Winch with Dyneema rope; Auber EGT, Boost and dual Battery gauges; Provent 200; Dual Batteries; Three Dogs recovery points; Rear Springs +20% load; Outback drawers and Cargo Barrier; UHF; [GPS, Radio, CD, Bluetooth, SD, USB] floor extension; Alloy roof rack
    "Smart people know what they don't know"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Gary View Post
    I have a Command cruise control in my 2006 3.0 Di. This was fitted by the dealer when the Patrol was new. Now it just does not "work" and no-one (including the dealer) wants to know about it. Seems after market cruise controls are orphans. My auto electrician will not even look at aftermarket units. I know the switch and IR pickup work--the indicator light comes on, so not the fuse.
    I am considering just replacing the whole system BUT I have no way of knowing if the fault is the Command cruise control or the Patrol, and Nissan is not willing to tell me if they can check the car even if the cruise is disconnected.
    Anyone have any ideas??
    A decent system is $700, genuine -who knows.
    Have you tried this mob mate. http://www.tcag.com.au/
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

Dr Gary (16th August 2017)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like this is where I need to be. I will run diagnostics they supply and go from there. Thanks a lot.

Contacted Command Auto Group through the site above. They have a PDF Fault Finding document for many Command systems. I got the printout, ran the diagnostics and eventually called them. Very helpful, but the news is bad--actuator unit is worn out. Tiny electric motor pulls on the accelerator arm and no longer runs.
    Replacement actuator unit $300 to $400.
    I think I will replace the whole system with an electronic "plug and play" unit--around $700.
    More as it occurs.
    Last edited by Dr Gary; 18th August 2017 at 04:09 PM. Reason: New information
    GU IV 2006; 3.0 DDi ST-S; Nissan Snorkel, Bull Bar and Tow Bar; Warn 8,000# Winch with Dyneema rope; Auber EGT, Boost and dual Battery gauges; Provent 200; Dual Batteries; Three Dogs recovery points; Rear Springs +20% load; Outback drawers and Cargo Barrier; UHF; [GPS, Radio, CD, Bluetooth, SD, USB] floor extension; Alloy roof rack

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dr Gary - pls keep us advised of the plug-n-play unit you fit to your GU - subscribed mate

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased an Autostrada unit, ECN1050 or 2531030 (same thing). Be sure to order the unit for your model Patrol. I chose the one with genuine Nissan switch--looks better. $625 including GST. This one came from All Four x 4 Spares through eBay. I think this was their last one, but Autostrada in Brisbane actually supply them.
    It all works according to directions in the kit. Two issues I had--(1) the Pedal loom is a bear to get at--high on the drivers side under the dash. I fits fine, just need 500mm fingers. and (2) on about one in 20 Patrols, there is an alternative plug for the switch wire. There is no way to know except to try it. Mine needed changing. (3) Keep in mind the air bag needs to be disabled--make sure you know the routine.
    I needed some advice, and Autostrada were quick to reply and knew all the answers. Highly recommended.
    It took most of a day to fit the new unit, but I was going slow and careful. Incidentally, the plugs you need to connect with have a lock cover you need to open to get the very light plugs inserted and then locked in place.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rumcajs For This Useful Post:

Dr Gary (6th September 2017)