Thread: The antique and rustc items thread

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bush Ranger View Post
    @ Three Dogs. Here`s the one I acquired the other day. It has a little tin label with MAWSON with an arrow through the middle from M to N and also has REGD No 2465. The last digit looks like a 5, as there`s a bit of paint on it that makes it a bit hard to read.
    I like the front loader compared to the top loader style.
    more uses, keeps wine perfect, good pick up, first two [same one] are just ply
    the last is a silky oak thats a ripper.
    Last one is a red cadar ice box from 1850
    also have 3 meat safes from 1860s to about 1920 they are great for entertainment units
    One is baltic pine the others are hard wood of some kind

Are you going to strip it back, looks like it a ply wood one from the photo
    Does yours still have the glass tube down the back for the melted ice. I cant
    fing and glass drip trays anywhere. spares are readily available from the states
    Mawson is an Aussie brand try and keep label in tact.
    I made thatcircle of timber and the brass mess I think it fits in ok, normally
    I think they had a cork to controll the temperature. silky oak is on the right but now
    is fully recoed wuth brass everything, Ill try and find a decent pic, gave it a coat of semigloss
    estopol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by threedogs; 6th June 2017 at 09:13 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @threedogs. Haven`t had a proper look at the old fridge, but do know the back has a plywood look that it gets when it starts to lift, but still solid enough. From memory, there`s a hole at the top on the inside of the main cabinet, that looks like it could of had a drain for the water to go down. No glass drain and hopefully I will strip it back one day. I might need to make up some shelves for it too, as it has none at the moment. Picked it up for zilch. Your lot look okay.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @threedogs. Haven`t had a proper look at the old fridge, but do know the back has a plywood look that it gets when it starts to lift, but still solid enough. From memory, there`s a hole at the top on the inside of the main cabinet, that looks like it could of had a drain for the water to go down. No glass drain and hopefully I will strip it back one day. I might need to make up some shelves for it too, as it has none at the moment. Picked it up for zilch. Your lot look okay.
    Good price and would look awesome stripped back. those first 2 photos are the same fridge
    it stores dry dog food and parrort seed so all locked up and safe from any mice'
    This one has enamel inserts on the inside of the doors. Some are Gal with brass screws and
    brass mesh trays Pics are the same ice chest paid $10 for this one.
    $40 for the 1850 one from the Shamrock hotel in Bendigo. My silky oak one I paid $100.
    now fully recoed with polished brass tray and screw head plus a complete set of brass hinges
    and latches plus a pretty cool brass name plate value of that now Id put at $450
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by threedogs; 6th June 2017 at 09:08 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Bush Ranger (6th June 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scored an old lantern the other day and found some thing similar on the internet that it may of been used for the railways, works well too. The lantern slides in to the outer tin.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bush Ranger For This Useful Post:

threedogs (6th June 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Good price and would look awesome stripped back. those first 2 photos are the same fridge
    it stores dry dog food and parrort seed so all locked up and safe from any mice
    The one that I have, had laundry powder stored in it. I guess they found another use for them, when time changed.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Scored an old lantern the other day and found some thing similar on the internet that it may of been used for the railways, works well too. The lantern slides in to the outer tin.
    Id probably remove the original lighting system and convert it to LED some how
    Great piece , very jealous

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @threedogs. How dare you say that, geez, ha ha ha. I`ll keep it going as a going concern and use citronella instead of kerosene, as I reckon it smells better. Not a bad find for nothing and I have seen some thing similar on the internet, which was sold for around $92.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567