Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remote programming not working

Hey fellas,

Having troubles programming a remote fob i got of eBay for my 1999 Ti model its a tb45. I've dug around to see if i have the keyless entry module up near the glovebox which i have. I'm stuck on #3 and #4 where it says doors will unlock but thing is every door unlocks after it gets into programming mode but the drivers door doesn't in which in #4 says to lock the drivers door?

Have also noticed in other write ups about the hazard lights should be lighting up in programming mode mine doesn't

The istructions i was given are :

Programming instructions

1 –Sit in car with door and window locks closed

2 –Lock drivers door with manual switch ( NOT POWER SWITCH)

3 – Insert and remove key from ignition 6 times within 10 seconds – Doors will now unlock

4 –within 2 seconds, Insert key into the ignition and turn to accessories position and lock drivers door

5 – Press any button on the new remote – locks will cycle automatically now

6 – Repeat steps 4 & 5 for any existing or extra remotes

Note- when the above procedure is unsuccessful make sure step 4 is performed quickly as you only have 2 seconds to perform this if at any stage you make a mistake you will need to start over again and will need to remove key from ignition open and close door

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,283 Times in 6,435 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As far as I know if its not the Genuine fob you can't simply reprogram it. You need to wire the control box that the new fob will work with. If its a genuine fob you bought, might be best to post a link to what you exactly bought. Actually do that anyway. Someone here might have used the same one.

See this link below, it might be of some help..
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...der-20-minutes

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I went to get a second key cut I asked about getting an aftermarket fob. The guy at the locksmith read the signal from the one fob I have and said that they can't program an aftermarket fob as the frequency is too low for their machine/remotes.
    Apparently some Patrol remotes operate in the 300-400 mHz range. Mine is operating at 27 mHz.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I followed the above procedure and it did work on the aftermarket remote. Well, mostly worked. The aftermarket remote will open and lock the car but it will not start it. Why would this happen?

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,283 Times in 6,435 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stricky View Post
    I followed the above procedure and it did work on the aftermarket remote. Well, mostly worked. The aftermarket remote will open and lock the car but it will not start it. Why would this happen?
    The chip in the key is not programmed to suit your vehicle.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So is the chip that opens the car different to the one that starts the car? Just trying to understand why it unlocks the car but will not start it. Could it maybe be the key cut is not perfect? I had thought about swapping the keys between the two remotes.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are two different systems. The door fob remotely opens the doors - that's it. It does not disable the NATS (anti theft system). When you insert the key into the ignition a "reader" looks at a (separate) chip located inside your key and if it has the correct code it will disable the anti theft system and allow your Patrol to start. If you get a replacement key cut at a locksmith they will also have to copy the original key's chip and insert the copy into your new key. Not all locksmiths have the tools to do this.