Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poindexter View Post
    Who's 8 rib pulley did you go for at the crank?
    Greg is getting them made by a guy in Coffs harbour. The Bullet guys are supplying the 8 rib by their methods. Because of this change, I wont get the parts until mid Jan now.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Have already asked Ralph, no comment. I think the mob I will be taking mine to is Cornell's out in the north west of Melb. There was a mob down in Dandenong that had a handle on the Standyne pumps, but I think they have changed hands or something like that and the outcome is not so good. @Rossco had his truck tuned there recently with good results and they have a dyno as well. I don't know if the fella in Lilydale would be interested.
    Yeah very happy with my experience and result with Cornells. Fair mission but got a courtesy car which is a massive help.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (15th December 2018)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @poindexter, subject to pressure and flowrate confirmation on Tuesday, I think I am going with an Aeroflot lift pump and an air dog air separator/filter combo. The lift pump is rated at 14psi@150gphr and the deaerstor or assy has a 6um filtration. No moving parts in filter assy and pumps are around the $90 so easy to carry a spare. Seems like a better combo than the totally integrated setups at $1200 and I will struggle to find a spot for it due to size. Have you decided which way you are going yet?
    Last edited by PeeBee; 17th December 2018 at 09:01 AM.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, changed my mind on the deaeration filter/lift pump after speaking with AirDog in the US last night. The gains are quite small and the units are so large in size as they are pitched at the earthmoving, transportation and static engine market, rather than the pedestrian SUV/4WD market. I was looking at the 'CHAMP' range which was a filter sitting under a de-aeration head, then feeding it with a separate lift pump. This assy gave me a greater sense of reliability. Anyway, after getting the price, excluding the mark-up by a local agent in WA, it came to just under $1400. Based on a minimal fuel saving achieved by the unit, and the fact they have never sold a unit for such a small engine, I am opting for a fleetguard filter upgrade to handle the flow from an Aerofloat lift pump. I am still waiting on the fuel supply range to be furnished by BD, but this seems to fit better with my setup. The filter is rated at 300LPHR and the lift pump circa 440LPHR at 9psi and 300LPHR at 14psi. Filters are in the order of $120 each with a filtration rating of 2,5,6 and 30 um, and they also screen out water. The lift pump is circa $90- each. My system will be as follows - Tank, 100um pre screen mesh, 30um Fleetguard unit with primer top, Aerofloat primer pump - all located above the rear diff area, then another Fleetguard filter with either a 2 or 5um final filter, then the flow meter, pressure transmitter, to the injection pump, returning to tank with a larger return line than standard and the second flow meter for the on-board trip computer.So $330 and I reckon that should be satisfactory, and cheap enough to hold a spare lift pump in hand. The CAV 296 filter assy as currently installed is rated at 45LPHR max flow, so this will be relocated to provide filtration between the belly tank and the main tank, replacing the small RYCO in-line unit.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 18th December 2018 at 09:30 AM.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PB,

This is from AirDog's web site:

https://pureflowairdog.com/

PureFlow AirDogŪ manufactures and supplies AirDogŪ Fuel Air Separation Systems and RaptorŪ high performance lift pumps for diesel pick-up trucks. PureFlow AirDog products are the only true air separation systems on the diesel market today and Raptor fuel pumps offer increased performance with a budget in mind. AirDog and AirDog II-4G products remove all entrained air, water, and particulates down to 2 micron from your diesel fuel. This helps increase fuel mileage, horsepower and torque, all while extending the life of your injection system parts.

looks to me that they are in fact made for pickup trucks, not earth moving business, you sure you talked to the right guys?
    Last edited by poindexter; 18th December 2018 at 11:58 AM.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, Pureflowairdog, Pureflow technologies, Airdogdiesel, guy I spoke with at 2am this morning is also a diesel mechanic/technician. He says you 'might' get between 0.3 - 1mpg improvement. They work but the gains are minimal on smaller engines like ours. He seemed to know his stuff. I am not going this path at that price and projected outcome. From a technical perspective I see merit, but it does not stack up from a 'returns' perspective for the cost.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Putting in a 6.5 diesel in a patrol is not a "returns" endeavour...... just sayin.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poindexter View Post
    Putting in a 6.5 diesel in a patrol is not a "returns" endeavour...... just sayin.
    Fair enough, but in all respects, spending upwards of $1400 on a component that the supplier declares will have negligible gain doesn't make sense - I would rather spend it on a high performance intercooler for example. If it works for you, and you can see the benefit,that's great, no issue and I look forward to getting some feedback in the longer term if you go that way.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear what you are saying, I'm leaning towards the Airdog solution, so comparative data might be available between us down the road.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to poindexter For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (18th December 2018)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PB, what were you planning to do with the exhaust, I'm guessing a drive by will be required for noise.

Page 115 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast