Thread: Airbag recall

Thanks
    Thanked 3,765 Times in 1,516 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    They never put a sticker in mine, Nissan will have a record of it being replaced so you check with them.
    Thanks Tony, Mazda put a sticker in the door.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    An Other Replacement

Well Takata replacement time has come around again....Surprise surprise, see what life this one has as long as it is not ours or you folk.

Just received this email for "immediate action", they could not wait for snail mail, but of course only limited spaces available for booking in for job (earliest 9 Jan 19). Yeah they are real concerned not...lol

There email:

VIN: 2008 GU Wag

Dear JOHN,

Further to our communications in June 2018, Nissan has now brought forward the initiation of the recall for the previously replaced It is critical that you urgently contact a Nissan Dealer to arrange for the airbag to be checked and replaced, if faulty.

Please note that you must book your vehicle in with a Nissan Dealer. If you present your vehicle to a Nissan Dealer without an appointment there may be a delay in getting your vehicle rectified.

Further information in relation to this recall can be found in our online information hub. If you have any further queries, please contact an authorised Nissan Dealer, or call the Nissan Customer Service Centre on 1800 988 334.

You may also wish to contact the ACCC to report your concerns.
    Takata passenger side airbag inflator. The replacement airbag inflator also has a fault that could kill or seriously injure people in the vehicle. You should immediately contact a Nissan Dealer to arrange for the airbag to be replaced.

Your Nissan Patrol is installed with a faulty Takata airbag. If you are involved in a collision, the airbag can go off with too much explosive force causing sharp metal fragments to shoot out and kill or seriously injure people in the vehicle. It is important that you immediately contact a Nissan Dealer to arrange for the airbag inflator to be replaced.

We will perform this replacement free of charge.

Please take note that any replacement airbag installed in your vehicle following a collision or other incident may also be faulty.
    If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment and require extra assistance, please visit the National Relay Service.

Nissan sincerely apologises for any inconvenience caused by the Takata Airbag Inflator Recall.

Yours sincerely,
    Nissan Motor Co. (Australia) Pty Ltd
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, got an email from Nissan today, immediate replacement required! Must be getting a squirrel gripping from ACCC!

I'm booked in to my local dealer on16 January 2019 !
    Time Marches On .....and on ..... and on

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,097 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    Yep, got an email from Nissan today, immediate replacement required! Must be getting a squirrel gripping from ACCC!

I'm booked in to my local dealer on16 January 2019 !
    So is this a replacement, of a replacement?
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, replacement of a replacement .......................... and if they get the replacement replacement wrong then there will be the replacement of the replacement of the replacement
    Time Marches On .....and on ..... and on

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TimE For This Useful Post:

Hodge (8th December 2018)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My original replacement was 2016, now done again December 2018. Seems the replacements were bad as well.
    GU IV 2006; 3.0 DDi ST-S; Nissan Snorkel, Bull Bar and Tow Bar; Warn 8,000# Winch with Dyneema rope; Auber EGT, Boost and dual Battery gauges; Provent 200; Dual Batteries; Three Dogs recovery points; Rear Springs +20% load; Outback drawers and Cargo Barrier; UHF; [GPS, Radio, CD, Bluetooth, SD, USB] floor extension; Alloy roof rack
    "Smart people know what they don't know"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    9th Jan double up replacement. Well how long did they think the desiccant would last anyway and how many screws will they forget to replace this time !!!!
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just had my second one done. Maybe they should make it a service item, like every 5000k or so.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We chased this up 6mths ago when it all 1st came to light & was told it could potentially kill us but they wouldn’t have the time or parts for 12mths , then a few weeks ago we got an email & I got a text msg on my fone - no idea how Nissan have my number because I brought it 2nd hand & have never dealt with Nissan directly , stating it must be done immediately.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprock View Post
    We chased this up 6mths ago when it all 1st came to light & was told it could potentially kill us but they wouldn’t have the time or parts for 12mths , then a few weeks ago we got an email & I got a text msg on my fone - no idea how Nissan have my number because I brought it 2nd hand & have never dealt with Nissan directly , stating it must be done immediately.
    i think due to the nature of the issue maybe they have access to certain details from vic roads etc?
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast