Thread: Deisel Smart EGR Delete

Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 992 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deisel Smart EGR Delete

Ok guys, I am on holidays and spending lots of money on the trol (more than I have had in alot of years). I am looking at getting an IC from ARE if they have one in stock (mine is leaking like a sieve underneath). But my question is, what are peoples thoughts on the Diesel Smart EGR Delete? https://www.dieselsmart.shop/product...psi-egr-delete I do not want to have to clear codes, but I want a complete delete. I can't see that drilling a hole in the egr block is a complete delete as it is still letting oil through. Any other ideas would be appreciated.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhuck View Post
    Ok guys, I am on holidays and spending lots of money on the trol (more than I have had in alot of years). I am looking at getting an IC from ARE if they have one in stock (mine is leaking like a sieve underneath). But my question is, what are peoples thoughts on the Diesel Smart EGR Delete? https://www.dieselsmart.shop/product...psi-egr-delete I do not want to have to clear codes, but I want a complete delete. I can't see that drilling a hole in the egr block is a complete delete as it is still letting oil through. Any other ideas would be appreciated.
    '"100 degrees cooler egts guaranteed" yeah righto

I blocked my EGR on my CRD but never saw an improvement like that

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mcflurry; 29th September 2020 at 01:17 AM.
    2009 GU

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you do go ahead with this id be interested in your verdict because on paper it looks like a good mod.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea to install an Exhaust Gas Temp Gauge before to see what's going on, and if there is any change after the install.
    I'm interested to see what happens here.
    2007 Nissan Patrol Y61 Wagon AT 2009 ZD30CRD Engine
    Snorkel, Tillex, HPD Intercooler, 3" King Brown Exhaust, 2" Bilstein Lift, Steel Bar and 12000lb Winch, Engine Bay Lighting

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 6,418 Posts
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That mod is a good idea in my opinion. Better than blocking the EGR and getting fault codes. I think @threedogs runs the same mod in his 03 Di Patrol.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm skeptical about plug-in things.

But I support experiments
    2008 CRD Auto Wagon
    Factory snorkel, flashlube catchcan pro, 3" manta exhaust, hpd boost controller, dyno-tuned & egr deleted

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pollenface View Post
    I'm skeptical about plug-in things.

But I support experiments
    I do too. But I don't want to do the experiment. I was hoping someone already has.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dhuck For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (29th September 2020)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you get the computer re flashed , they turn the egr off as well as the swirl valve and throttle valve restrictions as well as getting more power and tourque .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nipagu7 View Post
    if you get the computer re flashed , they turn the egr off as well as the swirl valve and throttle valve restrictions as well as getting more power and tourque .
    Can you give me any reputable tuner names in SEQ since your only an hour and a half away.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Dhuck I agree with @nipagu7 the best option upfront is to get a ECU remap which if done well will turn the EGR fuction off and technically it is not then required to physically use the EGR blanking plate but I would recommend to block off EGR assy at both ends. I have remap + EGR assy blocked both ends. Reason for both ends, at the exhaust manifold is to stop unnecessary turbulence at manifold end to reduce lag and if EGR pipe splits it does not pose a problem that require repair as is not part of the sys function anymore and at the inlet manifold end as the CRD has a EGR cooler jacket surrounding the EGR assy and if perforation/leak occurrs, plate will prevent ingress of coolant into inlet . Blocking is recommended for remap or the Diesel Smart solution.

Diesel smart solution is a resistor module that modifies the MAF signal to ECU to supposedly turns off MIL function, there is also a resistor that can be placed in series with the pink wire on the CRD MAF wire at sensor plug if no ECU remap. Understand works well.

Extract from Patrol 4x4 forum.
    Disabling EGR so you don't get the MIL code after blocking it on CRD is dead simple.
    Here's Mal's DIY

1x 6.2K ohm resistor part RR0591 from jaycar.

https://www.jaycar.com.au/6-2k-ohm-0...-of-8/p/RR0591

Unplug MAF connector .
    Push back the insulation .
    Cut the pink wire.
    Solder in resistor.
    Heat shrink over resistor.
    Pull the insulation back over loom.
    Plug connector back in.

Diesel Smart Torque Master Actuator Kit 20 or 16 psi is a positive pressure actuator but will keep vanes closed until max boost of 20 or 16psi is reached (spring selection based on use of ECU remap or stock ECU respectively). Positive pressure actuator work along the line of a wastegate.
    Have a positive pressure actuator (deisel smart with 23psi spring to suit h/f tuirbo fittted). I prefer VNT boost control and use manual boost control (either Dawes or Tillix boost controller "used both" with needle valve for spool rate adjustment. If you do manual boost control, I have been working on additional needle valves for control to provide lower cruise boost and improve airflow low down_another story but can speak.

A chap I have had discussions with (over last 2 yrs) for CRD ECU remap/live tune is Evolution Tuning Glasshouse mountains_Chris Chapman. He is on Facebook and be worth talking to could contact him to get a phone number or contact thru FB. Getting good results.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?...ution%20tuning

Induction modification /upgrade is important they like to breath well.

You will not drop EGTs 100° by using a positive pressure actuator alone.

I have done quite a few mods / and change along the way but need to understand more of what you really want to achieve.

Note: Must have gauges at least EGT, Boost, and scan tool for codes.
    Last edited by Bidja; 30th September 2020 at 01:20 AM.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bidja For This Useful Post:

Dhuck (30th September 2020), mudski (30th September 2020), pollenface (2nd October 2020)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast