Thread: Recommend Cordless Impact Drill

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,338 Times in 764 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies guys. I reckon you'd have to go a long way to get better value than that Ryobi brand. I have a plan. I'll buy a trimmer and a blower + 2 batteries for a Christmas present for the garden. Then I can sneak in drills, saws etc etc later on.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

MB (8th February 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Cheers Plassy, I’ve always hand thread started and then run them up lightly but fast. Never in a circle I was tought, always incrementally opposite each shot. Finally torque up same same again. Is this correct, I hope?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The most important part of getting the right torque on your wheel nuts is to Grease your Wheel Studs. If you have never put lube on the wheel studs then friction will give you torque settings that might not be true and could be significantly looser than expected.

I hand thread to a couple of turns then rattle on then Torque wrench to finish. Grease every time the wheel comes off though.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (8th February 2018)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,338 Times in 764 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    The most important part of getting the right torque on your wheel nuts is to Grease your Wheel Studs. If you have never put lube on the wheel studs then friction will give you torque settings that might not be true and could be significantly looser than expected.

I hand thread to a couple of turns then rattle on then Torque wrench to finish. Grease every time the wheel comes off though.
    Oh OK, grease 'em you reckon. It's always been one of those Do I or Don't I things with me. Grease 'em, you can get stuff caught in the grease in the threads, don't grease 'em they can become really crappy to spin the nuts back on by hand.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,415 Times in 6,257 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    Oh OK, grease 'em you reckon. It's always been one of those Do I or Don't I things with me. Grease 'em, you can get stuff caught in the grease in the threads, don't grease 'em they can become really crappy to spin the nuts back on by hand.
    I've only just started greasing mine and they are heaps easier to get started. Haven't had any issues with them coming loose after correctly torquing them up which was my concern.
    I only use a very light smear of grease on each stud.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post

Why not anti-seize?
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben-e-boy For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (8th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    Why not anti-seize?
    Just what I have handy mate. I find anti seize a little messy too as I have that silver stuff. I will use grease from a tub or spray lithium grease as it's generally handy. It all gets the job done though.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345