Page 40 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Mudski GU Build Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah Enzed made me an adapter for about $5. While I waited.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

mudski (29th June 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Yeah Enzed made me an adapter for about $5. While I waited.
    The issue is Daz. The thread in the lower hsg is M12. The probe is 1/8 npt. To get the probe in far enough where it was. Won’t work with M12 thread. There’s just not enough meat in the adapter to make it work.
    Post stat I think, is the best option. It’s actual temp right after the stat. So it’s pretty much real time water temps.
    Time will tell anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mudski; 30th June 2020 at 07:00 AM. Reason: predictive text sux

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (29th June 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Thats how far out the sensor was sitting on mine. The sensor is no way near the water flow as it was. Even when its flush on the housing the tip of the sensor is barely in. On a side note. Can I buy that plug from you? I need this to plug up my housing.

Edit : And are you coming to Licola? If not. Why?
    Sure thing, you can have that old plug. I'll give it to you. I don't throw anything out
    I'd love to come to Licola, the wife isn't so keen so I might try to sneak an overnight in by myself

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cremulator For This Useful Post:

mudski (30th June 2020)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cremulator View Post
    Sure thing, you can have that old plug. I'll give it to you. I don't throw anything out
    I'd love to come to Licola, the wife isn't so keen so I might try to sneak an overnight in by myself
    Thanks. Im pretty sure I have my old plug, somewhere. I just need to sift through the boxes of crap I have. If I can't find it I'll let you know.

It would be great for you to come to Licola. We all have an absolute blast when we are there.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Im pretty sure I have my old plug, somewhere. I just need to sift through the boxes of crap I have. If I can't find it I'll let you know.

It would be great for you to come to Licola. We all have an absolute blast when we are there.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Got the bar back from the sand blasters and powder coaters yesterday. Getting thereAttachment 81286
    Attachment 81287
    Came up good except for where I did my hole patch up work. It’s quite obvious, but it looks a heap better now. So I’m not too concerned. Yet.
    I also had all the special washers, and one of the adjuster stops zinc plated. The other stop would not come out so it stayed in the bar.
    Attachment 81289

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hey mate, how much did it cost for the powder coating of the bullbar? did they snad blast it first? I have a rear Kaymar bar that i am thinking of getting done before selling it, trying to figure out if it will be worth it to make a little more on the sale.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hey mate, how much did it cost for the powder coating of the bullbar? did they snad blast it first? I have a rear Kaymar bar that i am thinking of getting done before selling it, trying to figure out if it will be worth it to make a little more on the sale.
    $480 for the sand blasting and powdercoating. I wouldn't bother if your selling it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (30th June 2020)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mudski's High Warn High Mount Rebuild into an ARB GU Bar

Not much getting done with the bar and winch. I have so much else to do as well.
    I used the last of my oil filter stock today from when I sold the business.
    IMG_3160.jpg

Chucked in a new fuel filter while I was at it.
    IMG_3161.jpg

Removed the rocker cover as it was leaking a tap. Then decided to sand it back and I will paint it. Yes I am a bit eccentric sometimes. Lol
    IMG_3162.jpg

Then. There’s the interior...
    I need to get a new head unit. And run wires through to the engine bay for the winch. Then put the dash back together.
    IMG_3163.jpg
    Last edited by mudski; 2nd July 2020 at 10:23 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (3rd July 2020), Rossco (3rd July 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey @mudski Do you not have a Members Ride thread already? dd you want me to rename this thread and move it to the Members ride section for you? seems to have morphed well beyond a simple himount and bar thread. You look busy by the way. Looking good mate.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey @mudski Do you not have a Members Ride thread already? dd you want me to rename this thread and move it to the Members ride section for you? seems to have morphed well beyond a simple himount and bar thread. You look busy by the way. Looking good mate.
    I did Darren but the site I was using to upload the pics shut down, or something happened, can't remember to be honest, and all the pics wouldn't work. I got the shits with it so I just left it. If you can rename it, Mudski's GU Build thread, or something or something like that, and move it that would be great! Thanks Darren.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (3rd July 2020), Rossco (3rd July 2020)

Page 40 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast