User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: v8 conversion kit

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to fit a "old" 5.7 ( 350 ) but all the reading I've done on various web sites ; I'm pretty sure that the ls engine will bolt in also.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys. In need of some help here. I have a 6.5TD intercooled in my 02 manual GU. Was done by brunswick in 2016 from a zd30.
    Car takes a bit of a beating (dunes now and again, plenty of time on the beach, and plenty of heavy 4wd tracks. Runs a good deal of lift, 35 cooper stt pros, arb bar, tracklander and a swingaway tyre carrier so its not exactly unladen.
    The throwout bearing shaft in my gearbox snapped. The one brunswick fitted looked pretty p!ssweak tbh and the bearing was still very narrow. The shaft is longer than factory. Had a yarn to a few mechanic mates of mine and they all reckon if i just replace it all as is odds are itll just happen again but in a worse location.
    Pretty hard up for options right now.
    Wondering if there are any upgrade kits available out there for the brunswick adapters?

Anyone know what the shaft etc setup is like in the Marks Adapters kits?
    And would one of their kits bolt straight in? Or would i need to mod engine mounts etc? Just really need a heavy duty alternative as i live out in the country and cant afford to risk it snapping again.
    Any and all help will be greatly appreciated....!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ltpapa View Post
    Hey guys. In need of some help here. I have a 6.5TD intercooled in my 02 manual GU. Was done by brunswick in 2016 from a zd30.
    Car takes a bit of a beating (dunes now and again, plenty of time on the beach, and plenty of heavy 4wd tracks. Runs a good deal of lift, 35 cooper stt pros, arb bar, tracklander and a swingaway tyre carrier so its not exactly unladen.
    The throwout bearing shaft in my gearbox snapped. The one brunswick fitted looked pretty p!ssweak tbh and the bearing was still very narrow. The shaft is longer than factory. Had a yarn to a few mechanic mates of mine and they all reckon if i just replace it all as is odds are itll just happen again but in a worse location.
    Pretty hard up for options right now.
    Wondering if there are any upgrade kits available out there for the brunswick adapters?

Anyone know what the shaft etc setup is like in the Marks Adapters kits?
    And would one of their kits bolt straight in? Or would i need to mod engine mounts etc? Just really need a heavy duty alternative as i live out in the country and cant afford to risk it snapping again.
    Any and all help will be greatly appreciated....!
    I'd be having a chat with Mark's adapters mate.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you spoken with Brunswick directly about the issue? Scotty is very approachable and Greg, the owner is absolutely allergic to bad publicity. I have a BD conversion in a GQ and mine had a few details mucked up, but they came to the party. I would start there before seeking the opinions off the forums to be honest, unless the answers come back specifically from someone who has had exactly the same problem and had it fixed - just my thoughts. Hope it helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12