Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bleeding td42 after injector rail replacement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Just a patrol in a nightie" you crack me up , funniest thing I've ever heard Mudski .
    Thanks for the input mate , definitely a weird primer setup mod and although it has worked for the three years he's owned it , hard to know what condition it's in .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    "Just a patrol in a nightie" you crack me up , funniest thing I've ever heard Mudski .
    Thanks for the input mate , definitely a weird primer setup mod and although it has worked for the three years he's owned it , hard to know what condition it's in .
    Very true i might just chuck that primer away grab a good one with a water separator on it as well

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine has the filter and water separator on it from stock , which also has the water alarm fitted as standard OEM .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very very very happy to report the big td42 is alive and running better than ever, had a mate come around this afternoon after work we tried bleeding injectors doing all the other stuff mentioned above but she still persisted to put up a fight so after around another 15 minutes of nothing my mate suggested a clutch start i really didn't want to do this but i was seeing no other option, after a quick snatch up the road and a clutch start she fired mind you was only on about 4 cylinders i think so i put the boot down back up the hill changed into second and she literally just shot off like a bat out of hell, have turned it off for about 20 minutes tried restarting and all is well doesn't shake rattle nothing best i have seen the old girl in years i cant thank gqtdauto enough for all his help with this problem
    Last edited by my93maverick; 27th July 2017 at 06:45 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to my93maverick For This Useful Post:

AB (27th July 2017), GQtdauto (27th July 2017), mudski (28th July 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my93maverick View Post
    I am very very very happy to report the big td42 is alive and running better than ever, had a mate come around this afternoon after work we tried bleeding injectors doing all the other stuff mentioned above but she still persisted to put up a fight so after around another 15 minutes of nothing my mate suggested a clutch start i really didn't want to do this but i was seeing no other option, after a quick snatch up the road and a clutch start she fired mind you was only on about 4 cylinders i think so i put the boot down back up the hill changed into second and she literally just shot off like a bat out of hell, have turned it off for about 20 minutes tried restarting and all is well doesn't shake rattle nothing best i have seen the old girl in years i cant thank gqtdauto enough for all his help with this problem
    Perhaps you should have tried the start you barstard , congrats mate at least it's going .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps you should have tried the start you barstard , congrats mate at least it's going .
    Iv been told that start ya bastard isnt good to use on diesel powered engines probably really depends on the problem i guess

Thanks
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my93maverick View Post
    Iv been told that start ya bastard isnt good to use on diesel powered engines probably really depends on the problem i guess

I know the boss used to start two tractors with aero start years ago and both diesel , given the stuff you can inject with the diesel for better economy and power I'd be amazed if a quick squirt would do damage but never been that desperate to try it , will ask my mechanic though for future reference.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol was my boss that told me not to use it in the loaders each to there own he has a strong believing that once you use it you'll always have to, we did have a old forklift that needed start ya bastard every morning or she wouldn't start

Thanks
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude you have got to read the blurb on start you barstard , guess what one of its recommended uses is for diesel motors ?

http://www.nulon.com.au/products/aer...Engine_Starter

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude you have got to read the blurb on start you barstard , guess what one of its recommended uses is for diesel motors ?

http://www.nulon.com.au/products/aer...Engine_Starter
    Lol yeah maybe i should have gave it a go

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast