OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 981 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 4818819319719799809819829839911031 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,810 of 10452

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,245 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good mate, me no complain either Legend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found a great use for the OEM airbox real estate freed up now

TD42’s aren’t Kettles, they are the perfect pastry Ovens.....deliciously crispy too

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (1st February 2021), Mickhead (2nd February 2021), mudski (31st January 2021), Plasnart (31st January 2021), Rossco (31st January 2021), rusty_nail (1st February 2021), Stropp (31st January 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Morning @mudski Mate!
    When time permits can I pretty please pester your good self for some Donaldson truck experience/advice here
    This cannister appears to be missing a rubber sealant ring:

Checked another bigger Donaldson on the diesel generator and it definitely has one:

Problem I’m having is trying to track down a part number and or if this model even was released with one?
    End cap is a P103113 (8”) and I’ve found the part number for the twisted clamp I’ll need to replace too P003951 I believe.

Any advice or a known nearby rep I could possibly get in touch with would be greatly appreciated Mate

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If all else fails, cut up an old inner tube to fit.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

MB (1st February 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s not a bad idea at all thanks Craig Mate, will default to that if needed

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,262 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Good Morning @mudski Mate!
    When time permits can I pretty please pester your good self for some Donaldson truck experience/advice here
    This cannister appears to be missing a rubber sealant ring:

Checked another bigger Donaldson on the diesel generator and it definitely has one:

Problem I’m having is trying to track down a part number and or if this model even was released with one?
    End cap is a P103113 (8”) and I’ve found the part number for the twisted clamp I’ll need to replace too P003951 I believe.

Any advice or a known nearby rep I could possibly get in touch with would be greatly appreciated Mate

Hi Mark.
    I just checked, This is an FWA Cyclopac housing, now obsolete. On the parts listing, there is no lid gasket, there is for the larger FWA housings, but not for this one. This housing is reverse flow too, meaning air goes in the end and out the side. All other housings are opposite. The clamp is NIL stock at Donaldson. They are due late Feb. Replacement filters P182054 is Nil also, but we stock the Fleetguard variant here, AF409KM...
    One concern mate, air flow. According to my book, air flow on this housing is 202 CFM, my air flow calculations for the stock N/a TD42 is 265CFM. Whack a turbo on it and it jumps to over 800.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MB (1st February 2021)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Hi Mark.
    I just checked, This is an FWA Cyclopac housing, now obsolete. On the parts listing, there is no lid gasket, there is for the larger FWA housings, but not for this one. This housing is reverse flow too, meaning air goes in the end and out the side. All other housings are opposite. The clamp is NIL stock at Donaldson. They are due late Feb. Replacement filters P182054 is Nil also, but we stock the Fleetguard variant here, AF409KM...
    One concern mate, air flow. According to my book, air flow on this housing is 202 CFM, my air flow calculations for the stock N/a TD42 is 265CFM. Whack a turbo on it and it jumps to over 800.
    Interesting numbers @mudski, as this is the standard unit supplied for the 6.5 Brunswick conversions, would be well under done.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (1st February 2021)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Interesting numbers @mudski, as this is the standard unit supplied for the 6.5 Brunswick conversions, would be well under done.
    From a quick googly search on engine specs, my results show 351cfm is required for a N/A model. There is different types or models of this engine so that may vary.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MB (1st February 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mark!
    I’m dearly hoping I’ve accidentally confused the query with possibly the wrong part numbers given above.
    Hoping if you’re still at work you could kindly check the cfm rating for me on the Baldwin filter element pictured below that was last changed over time n the Chev before complete removal.

The main body of the Donaldson can is also 300mm long + its end cap (crap collector) length of 75mm all in 8” diameter.
    The incoming air on this old model definitely comes in from the side so that all the large particles cyclone their way to the cap and all finer filtered air heads off to the engine down the centre of the filter element and out the end as far as I can guesstimate its design?

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Thanks Mark!
    I’m dearly hoping I’ve accidentally confused the query with possibly the wrong part numbers given above.
    Hoping if you’re still at work you could kindly check the cfm rating for me on the Baldwin filter element pictured below that was last changed over time n the Chev before complete removal.

The main body of the Donaldson can is also 300mm long + its end cap (crap collector) length of 75mm all in 8” diameter.
    The incoming air on this old model definitely comes in from the side so that all the large particles cyclone their way to the cap and all finer filtered air heads off to the engine down the centre of the filter element and out the end as far as I can guesstimate its design?

That Baldwin filter is the same as what should be in there. Flow is not measured using the element, its measured by housing design, or type. I did find another different housing that uses the clamp and filter, this uses the conventional flow, air in the side and out the end, but the lid have a rubber vacuator valve on it. The lids can be swapped around so your housing possibly could be this too. Flow rates are similar also.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MB (1st February 2021)

Page 981 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 4818819319719799809819829839911031 ... LastLast