Thread: switches that fit GQ/Mav cut outs

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJsGQ View Post
    In my gq patrol I have just put those arb illluminated rocker switches in and the covers don't fit they hit on that little step between the two rows.. Do I need to file the hole furthers up or trim the switch cover..? I'm sure some on with a gq has had this dhrama..?
    Hey. Sorry for dragging up an old thread but I've found this issue today whilst installing my own switches. Haven't tried it yet but my thinking is the switch will seat perfectly fine if it wasn't for the front rocker button. So, theoretically, if you file off a few mm from the bottom of the rocker button, it should clear the molded lip on the dash. I'll try it tomorrow and if I remember will report back.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to choochie For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (19th June 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok reporting back...
    Trimmed a few mm off the bottom of switch face plate last night, and it now fits without fouling the lip. Easy mod.
    FYI I used a cordless Dremel with a cutting disc, and sand paper to smooth the edges back to normal.

Will add photos tonight at home, as work blocks the vbulletin add on required to reply to a post!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by choochie View Post
    Ok reporting back...
    Trimmed a few mm off the bottom of switch face plate last night, and it now fits without fouling the lip. Easy mod.
    FYI I used a cordless Dremel with a cutting disc, and sand paper to smooth the edges back to normal.

Will add photos tonight at home, as work blocks the vbulletin add on required to reply to a post!
    I think Winnie has done this with his "Q" , you're right about the thread dig lol
    good call on using a different colour for night time, Ive used an all red theme
    so I better have a good memory of which switch is which eh lol
    Last edited by threedogs; 21st June 2016 at 11:00 AM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12