Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    OK, here is the brute, getting prepped for tomorrow, but a while to go before noise time.Attachment 78897Attachment 78897
    Just WOW!!!!!!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (16th July 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mixed day today. S/C on, after having to redrill all the mount holes 3mm larger. Then bonnet would not close. The directive from Brunswick Diesel was I needed a 1" body lift, so after checking with engineer, did the lift, installed the kit and now they say i need a 2" lift to clear the snout. Speaking with VASS engineer tomorrow to suss out my options.
    Throttle control has turned into a fiasco, neither Bullet or Brunswick can tell me how it should be configured, with cruise control, so no doubt have to sort this myself, along with all the additional parts and stuffing around to get 'all the bits' - no plans - NFI pack of turkeys. In fact Bullet and Brunswick, can't run them down enough - but thats the end of the rant. I will sort it out without them. Sicks of the lies.SANY0363.JPG

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Mixed day today. S/C on, after having to redrill all the mount holes 3mm larger. Then bonnet would not close. The directive from Brunswick Diesel was I needed a 1" body lift, so after checking with engineer, did the lift, installed the kit and now they say i need a 2" lift to clear the snout. Speaking with VASS engineer tomorrow to suss out my options.
    Throttle control has turned into a fiasco, neither Bullet or Brunswick can tell me how it should be configured, with cruise control, so no doubt have to sort this myself, along with all the additional parts and stuffing around to get 'all the bits' - no plans - NFI pack of turkeys. In fact Bullet and Brunswick, can't run them down enough - but thats the end of the rant. I will sort it out without them. Sicks of the lies.SANY0363.JPG
    Sorry to hear about the dramas Phil. What's the plan then, if engineer allows it will you go 2" body lift? What about a custom bonnet with an XR8 style bump for clearance?
    It looks nice anyway!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris, I wanted a car that didn't stand out, 2" lift, bonnet bump,- not really keen, its going thru engineering, and at this rate it will be running on 31's. The annoying thing is total arrogance and ignorance, never heard this before etc BS. After I am told BD have installed 20 S/C kits on GQ's, why cant they get the detail right? Bullet are the same, no instructions of any value. I don't think BD have instructions for anything because they probably can't write. Pathetic.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (16th July 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might have found what I am looking for. Just need to move the scoop a bit forward to suit the clash pointUltimate Bonnet bulge incognito.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice looking GQ apart from that hideous thing. . Sorry to hear the dramas Phil sounds like BD are a bloody nightmare to deal with grrrrrrrr. . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, they are. I will sort it out.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Rossco (16th July 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, think I have found the solution that does not look too crazy. These guys can make this scoop with a 20mm - 30mm side extension, including the front, so it will clear the nose pulley. Spoke with the guy and he is an old head, so pretty comfortable using him. Trying to get onto the VASS engineer now to get the detail sorted, will cut the slot today then order the scoop. Its wide enough to cover the existing gills so that is a bonus. Thanks guys for the help on this one.https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/79-serie...EAAOSwCxdawF-f

So, its done, had to cut a hole thru the bonnet to gauge the interference. With the stiffener removed, the pulley sits into the valley and about 2mm above the outer skin, so a 50mm lift would probably have been tight, anyway, am ordering the scoop above complete with 20mm side extensions, so will now clear.

SANY0364.JPG

I will tidy up the hole and laminate a stiffener in place to keep the VASS engineer happy.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 17th July 2019 at 12:20 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (17th July 2019), Rossco (17th July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh nice one glad there is an easy solution. Remember when i dropped my motor in with new turbo looked like it wouldn't fit at all and hit the chassis, a bit if a oh s#!t moment enough to crush the old spirits. . . Always good to walk away sometimes and come back with a fresh head lol. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (17th July 2019)

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast