Page 21 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oncedisturbed View Post
    Evo, unfortunately it does take time. As with other's, I still go through it on a regular basis and unfortunately without meds, I would be a lot worse and also the support the minister has given when she could have bailed and not put herself through it all is a bonus.
    I have to admit the missus has been there for me through it all.
    We knew each other, but sort of got together after she pulled me back from the edge a couple of times
    Especially over the last couple of years of not being able to work from back issues. She had plenty of reasons to walk, but just kept on without even blinking an eye.
    I think at the moment, for me, the hours she is at work are the hard ones.
    Even when she's sleeping, it makes things easier just to know the house isn't empty...

And it is very, very true. People say that they understand, they know what you are going through, but (and I know you will agree) without being there, they can't even begin to imagine how dark of a place you can be.

Finding others who can share your experiences (as I have seen on here) looks to be a better step in the right direction than many other options and recommendations out there.

Evo
    Cheers,

Evo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Evo For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (30th October 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 93patrol View Post
    I just have to say something that has bugged me for a week or so.

I was in a real low last Sunday week and needed to talk to someone so I rang beyond blue thinking I could have a chat and instead I was given more numbers to ring and it took a fair bit of working up just to ring them I couldn't bring myself to call the other numbers. I was lucky one of my work mates saw my predicament and pulled me aside for a good chat and helped me get through the low.

Now I thought Beyond Blue was a number to call to help not to pass you onto someone else which to me was very disheartening is this the norm with them or did I just get a dud?
    Can't say I've heard of beyond blue...
    Must get out from under my rock more.
    I have found that a lot of places seem to pass you on rather that try to help you themselves, regardless of what the issue is.
    Has anyone else noticed that?

Evo
    Cheers,

Evo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, see that regularly through work as well and not just in relation to to me, could be other staff or member's of public that we deal with and get passed over
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe what happened to 93patrol is what is supposed to have happened.
    I would consider sending them an email outlining what has happened because that is simply not good enough. I would expect they would be shocked to hear you have had that experience.

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

93patrol (30th October 2013)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok guys I have been on the phone with Beyond Blue and they have stated that the are more of a referral service guiding you in what direction you may need to take to get help eg: doctor, shrink, drugs and so on.

Now for those that need to talk to someone in the moment you need to call the Life Line on 13 11 14

I will put this info in the first thread..

This is my update on the first page.........................

Update on services to call:

Life Line is the number you need to call for immediate help on 13 11 14

Beyond Blue is more of a referral service to guide you in the right direction as far as counseling or doctors or drugs (only call if you need to take it the next step)
    1300 22 4636

If you have other numbers send them to me with what they do and how they help and I will post it here on the first page

Remember to look out for the signs from a family member or friend and not be dismissive.
    Last edited by Bloodyaussie; 30th October 2013 at 09:43 AM.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

93patrol (30th October 2013), cgm (1st November 2013), Drewboyaus (30th October 2013), Evo (30th October 2013), mudnut (31st October 2013), MudRunnerTD (30th October 2013), oncedisturbed (30th October 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also depends on where you may live as well.

WA also has Crisis Care - 92231111 and Family Helpline - 92231100
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oncedisturbed For This Useful Post:

93patrol (30th October 2013), Bloodyaussie (30th October 2013), Evo (30th October 2013), MudRunnerTD (30th October 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately for me the work up to actually call someone was distressing enough but to get referred onto another number was a bit too much at that time. Would have been better to maybe have the referred numbers on their website. Or at least have the person on the other end to actually have a listen and a chat maybe

Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pm me if you ever need to bend an ear

www.swat4x4.com

14. The Following User Says Thank You to oncedisturbed For This Useful Post:

93patrol (30th October 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate will do if I crash again

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    Ok guys I have been on the phone with Beyond Blue and they have stated that the are more of a referral service guiding you in what direction you may need to take to get help eg: doctor, shrink, drugs and so on.

Now for those that need to talk to someone in the moment you need to

call the Life Line on

13 11 14

I will put this info in the first thread..

This is my update on the first page.........................

Update on services to call:

Life Line is the number you need to call for immediate help on 13 11 14

Beyond Blue is more of a referral service to guide you in the right direction as far as counseling or doctors or drugs (only call if you need to take it the next step)
    1300 22 4636

If you have other numbers send them to me with what they do and how they help and I will post it here on the first page

Remember to look out for the signs from a family member or friend and not be dismissive.

Quote Originally Posted by oncedisturbed View Post
    also depends on where you may live as well.

WA also has Crisis Care - 92231111

and Family Helpline - 92231100
    When I get near a computer I will embed both of those posts in the first post of this thread if you don't mind BA, sure you won't
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 30th October 2013 at 05:50 PM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

cgm (1st November 2013), Evo (30th October 2013), Fruitloop (1st November 2013), NissanGQ4.2 (30th October 2013), oncedisturbed (30th October 2013), Outdbush (30th October 2013), Woof (30th October 2013)

Page 21 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast