Thread: What model is mu GU

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    is it not how you differentiate between styles of utes, i.e. well body, tray etc etc etc
    I would call a Well Body a Style Side. Generally i just call them Utes. But certainly use the terms CoilCab and Leafy Ute. Tray back works fine too though.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Sprock's a top bloke honestly!! Definitely meant no wrong with the WA thingy :-) We're trying to con him into Evo's west adventure, he's a fun loving trucker and one of the winding HC's best, worth meeting F2F :-) !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah not bad for a Country bloke. Nah Top Notch actually.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    It's a Trayback not a Wagon so will be Series 2.

Cab Chassis Series 1 is 99 till 03
    Cab Chassis Series 2 is 03 till 07 (or 06 depending)
    This was such a strange thing Nissan did here? I remember having this convo with @Cuppa a few years ago about his Ute which is clearly a Series 1, 2 or 3 but is a 2007. In the Wagon the GUIV shape (Current shape) was adopted in late 2004 but the Ute stayed the same until 2007 until the CRD was introduced i think? Not sure the ZD30Di went into the VI Ute did it?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,323 Times in 4,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ET's a very busy man!
    I'll fire up the Gotham sky lense for NissanNewby 2,500 kms away from here :-) ??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    This was such a strange thing Nissan did here? I remember having this convo with @Cuppa a few years ago about his Ute which is clearly a Series 1, 2 or 3 but is a 2007. In the Wagon the GUIV shape (Current shape) was adopted in late 2004 but the Ute stayed the same until 2007 until the CRD was introduced i think? Not sure the ZD30Di went into the VI Ute did it?
    It's all bananas to me now Daz!
    Licola, blokes told me 2005 was the last of the 4.2's, mates over the border tell me 2006 sometime ?
    Thankfully Yanky diesel steel fits in these buggers so let's call em.....?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My understanding is that my 4.2 2006 ute (cab chassis) is the last of the breed. That’s going by build date on the compliance plate which I think is August 2006. Quite possible of course that some were not sold or registered until 2007.

I’ve never been 100% certain whether it’s a Mk 2 or Mk 3, but think it’s a Mk 2.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

MB (11th August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Some even call them table tops,
    but a well back has a factory tub not sure if Nissan had any in the Patrol range
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Some even call them table tops, but a well back has a factory tub not sure if Nissan had any in the Patrol range
    South Africans call em Bakkies
    https://www.nissan.co.za/vehicles/ne...l-pick-up.html

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

gubigfish (11th August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    My understanding is that my 4.2 2006 ute (cab chassis) is the last of the breed. That’s going by build date on the compliance plate which I think is August 2006. Quite possible of course that some were not sold or registered until 2007.

I’ve never been 100% certain whether it’s a Mk 2 or Mk 3, but think it’s a Mk 2.
    Yep, at August '06 it would have been one of the last ones.
    and
    Yep, yours is a Series 2, Series II, Mark 2, Mark II, Ute, Tray back, Cab Chassis, Podder, Bakkie (just go with whatever floats ya boat) :-)
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (11th August 2016), MB (11th August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprock View Post
    Who even says 'tray back' @mudski ? Must be a WA thing �� Sorry ET I've never met ya so feel free to tell me to f&%k off ��
    Hiya Cobber...

I call mine a Ute (Uterus actually) but edited my post so it read the same as the OP.
    Only exception is if I am talking spare parts or accessories then I call it a Cab Chassis.
    Then again, I am a New South Welshman/Territorian.
    I am only in W.A. hiding out till 'they' give up looking for me.
    Last edited by the evil twin; 11th August 2016 at 01:06 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast