Thread: All Power windows stopped working

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All Power windows stopped working

Hee guys new to the forum, i have a 92 patrol tb42efi that hopefully brings me around straya
    Already found a lot of sweet solutions for stuff i was struggling with, however i can't find the solution to the problem with my electric windows

Few days ago i went 4wheeling and got stuck in the mud all great fun only after that all my electric windows stopped working, they worked before, also tried every window separate but no movement.
    looked for the relay under the glovebox but couldn't find it only see:

On the left on the last picture you see a black wire hanging lose, this was hanging lose when i pulled the carpet out. doesnt seem to connect to anything

Looked at the fusebox and relays near the gas pedal, checked them and as far i could tell they were all good.

Looked next to the battery and found multiple relays, checked them all and they all clicked, didnt check resistance do. This is whats under the bonnet:

Checked the ground, cut the wire straight coming out of connector of the power window driver side panel and connected a ring terminal, connected it straight to a ground on the door. (Not connected to the door on the picture) Have connected the motor directly to the battery and that does work.

So probably there is a relay i didnt found yet or there has to be a break in a cable, what is the best way to go from here?

Thanks guys

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,491 Times in 6,596 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    HI mate, welcome to the forum. How deep was the water? There is window lock button on the master control on the drivers door, you haven't knocked that by chance have you? Clearly you are trying hard to find the fault and a simple thing like that is easily over looked.

The little black box in the last pic in front of the motor on your drivers door is the Master control circuit, it doesn't like water I can't be much more help but there are a few wizards here that will point you in the right direction.

Your thread had gone into moderation as your first post on the forum included pics and our Spam Filter caught you. Your live now so guys will see your thread.

Good luck, hope you get it sorted.

Oh..... and..... Bog Holes Cost MONEY!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The black wire in the fIrst pic should be earth, but you don't know what may have been changed by who over the years. Generally in a 12volt system red is batt and black is earth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the quick repsonse guys!

Water was just sitting on the carpet, this was how it looked from the outside
    IMG_2935_zpson2vzuuf.jpg
    Thats why i think it wont be the black box in the door and there is also no power coming into the box so the problems has to be somewhere before that i recon.
    Before pulling everything apart i did check the window lock button and the fuses multiple times because hoped it was something like that

@4bye4 Pics are not to clear, the black wire in front is connected to the chasis. Only on the second picture you see a thinner wire just under the bigger black box. That goes to the chasis and on the other side it was connected to the chasis and there was a third connection just hanging there, will upload a picture tomorrow, maybe that makes any sense to someone

Thanks
    Thanked 4,651 Times in 3,120 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome mate. I had a similar issue with my gq..
    All windows worked sometimes lol..
    Turns out that black box in front of the widow motor is an amp unit and controls the auto up down of the drivers window..
    Mine was farked inside..
    Try unplugging it and if it is the culprit you should get power to the other windows but the driver needs that unit. .

About $70 second hand from patrol a part.
    But also the 90's Silvia has been said to work..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive checked all colours of all relays to hopefully find out for sure which one it is;
    Blue relay 1: White-Blue, Blue-Red, Orange-Blue, Purple
    Blue relay 2: White red, Orange- Blue, Green- red, Lightblue
    Blue relay 3: Black, Blue, White red, White blue

Brown relay: Red, Black, Yellow-red, White-red, White-black

Green relay 1: White-green(2x), White-black, yellow-black
    Green relay 2: White-green, White-blue, White-black, Blue-yellow

The colours in the door going in the power window switches panel are
    Green-black
    Green-white
    Red-black
    Red-white
    White-black
    Black
    Blue-black
    Blue-white
    White-red
    Pink-black

tested the circuit breakers they seem to work, power on both sides.

@bigguwesty Have tested it but the other windows still dont work when i disconnect the amp box in the door so i recon problem is elsewhere, thanks anyways

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Patrolze92 For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (2nd August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bumped as last post went into moderation
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (2nd August 2016)