Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How many kms?

Following is based on my 08 CRD experience:

ProVent 200 Catch Can

3" h/f exhaust (cat/muffler), many types available DEA, Redback. I use Berklee SS

EGR plate(solid) _ block both ends of EGR assy (@ exhaust and inlet manifold)_Common that EGR pipe running behind back of motor splits and will be of no concern. Do exhaust manifold end at same time as installing exhaust.

OBD11 scan tool_Maybe UltraGauge EM Plus or MX. I have EM Plus_both good for performance monitoring and needed to clear trouble / fault codes.
    http://ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/ultragauge_wired.htm

Install boost controller, many types available, the Dawes(3 bar racing) or Tillix are two I have used. Both good(currently use Tillix). Can install needle valve to control spool rate but CRD can run max spool (no needle valve required) or U can run the boost controller in conjunction with OEM VNT vac sol.

They need to breath well. Would consider air box upgrade and pipe upgrade to 3" from airbox to turbo. Not necessary straight up but when it is time do it right.

TIG welded intercooler_Worth looking @ Cross Country Upgrade intercooler(tube and fin). Maybe PDI FMIC - (both $1600). Thing with PDI FM (bar and plate), it is a tight fit with genuine bull bar but doable.
    http://www.crosscountry4x4.com.au/4w...er-detail.html

https://www.performancedieselinterco...ercooler-yccjj
    Interesting when I opened link, was surprised as the installation pics are of my install that I sent PDI.

If FM cooler is of interest have a read of following link from post #22 of my PDI 600x300x76mm install:
    htthttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/fo...-CRD/page3p://

Not needed straight up but there are benefits with ECU remap.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bidja For This Useful Post:

Dhuck (29th September 2019), growler2058 (15th November 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 992 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    How many kms?

Following is based on my 08 CRD experience:

ProVent 200 Catch Can

3" h/f exhaust (cat/muffler), many types available DEA, Redback. I use Berklee SS

EGR plate(solid) _ block both ends of EGR assy (@ exhaust and inlet manifold)_Common that EGR pipe running behind back of motor splits and will be of no concern. Do exhaust manifold end at same time as installing exhaust.

OBD11 scan tool_Maybe UltraGauge EM Plus or MX. I have EM Plus_both good for performance monitoring and needed to clear trouble / fault codes.
    http://ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/ultragauge_wired.htm

Install boost controller, many types available, the Dawes(3 bar racing) or Tillix are two I have used. Both good(currently use Tillix). Can install needle valve to control spool rate but CRD can run max spool (no needle valve required) or U can run the boost controller in conjunction with OEM VNT vac sol.

They need to breath well. Would consider air box upgrade and pipe upgrade to 3" from airbox to turbo. Not necessary straight up but when it is time do it right.

TIG welded intercooler_Worth looking @ Cross Country Upgrade intercooler(tube and fin). Maybe PDI FMIC - (both $1600). Thing with PDI FM (bar and plate), it is a tight fit with genuine bull bar but doable.
    http://www.crosscountry4x4.com.au/4w...er-detail.html

https://www.performancedieselinterco...ercooler-yccjj
    Interesting when I opened link, was surprised as the installation pics are of my install that I sent PDI.

If FM cooler is of interest have a read of following link from post #22 of my PDI 600x300x76mm install:
    htthttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/fo...-CRD/page3p://

Not needed straight up but there are benefits with ECU remap.
    It has 200k on it. Was looking at exhaust (also Berkley) and boost control first up. Followed by catch can and air box. Then looking at intercooler and ecu work. I guess I was sort of on the right track.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhuck View Post
    It has 200k on it. Was looking at exhaust (also Berkley) and boost control first up. Followed by catch can and air box. Then looking at intercooler and ecu work. I guess I was sort of on the right track.
    Good approach. Have tried a few different configurations (if I can help). Must say the first mods I did (3" exhaust & manual boost control) provided significant performance gains.
    Would get EGT / boost gauges and scan tool now and then you can see the improvement progression as you go. The Ultra gauge EM plus provides a boost gauge as derived from ECU via MAP sensor (max read of nom 22.3psi/Nissan parameter limit via OBD11 port). I use a VDO boost gauge as well.

When U do 3" exhaust, consider EGR plate (if suits), but do check out for exhaust manifold leaking (failed gasket resulting from warped manifold). Very common for ZD engine, would have inconel studs fitted even if no evidence of manifold defect.

Check the stock IC for any leaking (evidence of oil smear at crimp point of tanks to core).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bidja For This Useful Post:

Dhuck (29th September 2019)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    Good approach. Have tried a few different configurations (if I can help). Must say the first mods I did (3" exhaust & manual boost control) provided significant performance gains.
    I can second that, the best thing I've done to my Patrol is the needle & Dawse valve, made it so much more pleasant to drive.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

Dhuck (30th September 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,716 Times in 8,560 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks great mate, would love to have a tourier one day myself!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

Dhuck (30th September 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Recently noticed my fuel pump leaking, have learnt that is common problem with CRD. Good idea to have a look prior to pick up.

Go under vehicle look up from drivers side (of block), just past front axle and you will see fuel pump. They leak from side plate that has 4 Torx cap hd bolt securing it to pump housing. Pump only cost between $1150-1500 (some charge $2k).

First pic is pump 15km after clean.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bidja; 30th September 2019 at 10:38 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bidja For This Useful Post:

Dhuck (1st October 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All was clean when I jumped under there the other day but will keep an eye on this mate. Thanks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dhuck For This Useful Post:

Bidja (1st October 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally Started

The lift is in. Transferred the 3" from the GQ to GU. The GQ had the 5" put back in and is now gone. Have finally started the rest of the goodies as they turn up, with more turning up over the next week or so. Don't we just love spending money on our beloveds.

First up was

IMG_2017.JPG

Then is you get what you pay for, which was not the greatest. But will do for now.

IMG_2016.JPG

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dhuck For This Useful Post:

10G (6th October 2020), Avo (15th November 2020), Cremulator (6th October 2020), growler2058 (15th November 2020), MB (16th November 2020), MudRunnerTD (6th October 2020), Sherro (9th October 2020), Touses (6th October 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pics of the lift? Are you keeping the factory alloys?

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growler2058 View Post
    Pics of the lift? Are you keeping the factory alloys?
    Yes keeping the alloys but looking for a tyre after I wear these ones out. The lift is the 3" that I put into the GQ. Ended up putting the 5" back in old girl.

IMG_2040.JPG

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dhuck For This Useful Post:

10G (16th November 2020), growler2058 (15th November 2020), MB (16th November 2020)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast