Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Cross Country Disappointment

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguwesty View Post
    A few of late have failed. It seems CC'S main welder has left and gone out on his own..
    Hopefully quality issue is sorted soon..
    Yeah I've seen a few faceache post of CC intake manifolds opening up along the welds (dodgy looking beads). Have any coolers actually failed though?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 Times in 2,480 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sooty_10 View Post
    Yeah I've seen a few faceache post of CC intake manifolds opening up along the welds (dodgy looking beads). Have any coolers actually failed though?

mines been on for 3yrs or more and no issues
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stropp View Post
    Do you get a lot of noise through yours when you accelerating hard @Stropp? Mine is quite loud. I was annoyed with it at first but now are used to it. I did read somewhere a fella moving the mounting tabs on the brackets and using rubber isolators between the cooler and bracket. Apparently made a difference.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stropp View Post
    Same here for about the same amount of time. No issues at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Do you get a lot of noise through yours when you accelerating hard @Stropp? Mine is quite loud. I was annoyed with it at first but now are used to it. I did read somewhere a fella moving the mounting tabs on the brackets and using rubber isolators between the cooler and bracket. Apparently made a difference.
    I don't get any noise through mine? Not that I could hear it over the 500 other noises that my car makes

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

mudski (26th October 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah as I mentioned coolers seem to be lasting but the couple of manifolds I have seen pics off opened like a can of baked beans along the seam. Could have been an isolated (apprentice welder) case, however disappointing to see poor quality control if that is the case.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I get a lot of air rushing noise through mine especially when the boost gets up and going.
    But I've driven 2 others and it's the same. Including Mudskis .
    But it cools, does it's job.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguwesty View Post
    The CC cooler would be close to those dimensions.
    And that is part of the cost.
    The kit includes new scoop to suit your colour, cooler, new mounting bars, new pipe work etc etc..
    So really on cost point imo there woukd be more work involved in making new fiberglass scoops than suppling a few bends and a bit of pipe.

The Cross Country web site is bloody average! there seems to be no Shopping cart function! Who Does That! also the kits are not listed with a "Whats in the box" type list. can you guys confirm that the scoop is colour matched and did you supply the colour code at the time you ordered? Did the kit come with a template for the Bonnet cut?

Can anyone tell me the difference between the GQ cooler and the Ultimate Cooler for the GU? Other than $400? Struggling?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    The Cross Country web site is bloody average! there seems to be no Shopping cart function! Who Does That! also the kits are not listed with a "Whats in the box" type list. can you guys confirm that the scoop is colour matched and did you supply the colour code at the time you ordered? Did the kit come with a template for the Bonnet cut?

Can anyone tell me the difference between the GQ cooler and the Ultimate Cooler for the GU? Other than $400? Struggling?
    The GU ultimate is a bit bigger.
    Mine was not colour matched and I did not get the option for it to be. I think it was supplied as white? I can't remember!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (26th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 Times in 2,480 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    no noise from mine mate??
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

mudski (26th October 2016), Winnie (26th October 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe these variations in noise are more to do with the other things done to the rig, as stropp mentioned "no noise" but I can see he has a 4inch snorkel, I'm guessing then the air box and Inlet to turbo is upgraded. I wonder if this would make the difference. Also with the top mound there is very little pipe between the cooler and inlet, add to that the fan which I believe runs off of the radiator temp and it being sooo close to the driver could add to the noise when running.
    Also as someone who lives in adelaide I'd like to think a lot of the issues people are having are a result of the demand on cross country, I drive past quite regularly and I don't reckon I've ever seen the car park less than 110% full, I'm sure there's cars parked across the road to, hopefully it's something they can address but when they cover so much like car servicing and pre trip checks I can see why they're so swamped. To popular to quick me thinks.
    2000 GU, TD42T, bullbar and roof racks, 2inch lift, winch, front and rear air lockers, 3inch Scotts rods dump and exhaust kit.....more to come!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast