Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Catch Can Recommendations

Finally getting around to fitting a catch can, but which one?

I was a bit shocked when I first looked at prices I must admit, so I'm after some recommendations.

Something that is easy to check, clean & remove/empty would be great, also something in kit form so I can just bolt it into my 2013 GU so I don't have to fab anything up or go shopping for bits & pieces would also be great.

Thanks for any help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some will cut this to pieces, but I fitted a SCA cheepie about $60-00, and stuffed it with stainless steel wool. Works just great. The only thing is remove the top, which you will do when putting stainless steel wool in it and seal it with sicaflex when your putting it back together. Also sicaflex the threads on the hose fittings and drain plug as the thread seal and gaskets are crap.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

dom14 (19th July 2016)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks 4bye4.
    I've wondered why some catch cans cost around $60 and others several hundred????

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    Thanks 4bye4.
    I've wondered why some catch cans cost around $60 and others several hundred????
    Yeah, usually Provent ones are dear. I guess the stainless steel housing, and other better workmanship etc demands more money for them. It's like oil filters. You can buy a standard RYCO one under ten bucks or you can spend $50 getting a fancier one with magnets and better filtering inside.
    Personally, I think el cheapos are good if you're ok with modifying some of them for your particular needs, as 4BYE4 posted above.
    There're heaps of them on fleabay, or in places like super chip auto, autobarn, etc, or if you have time and space, you can fabricate your own one, which is the way I usually do when possible.
    Last edited by dom14; 19th July 2016 at 01:15 PM.
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach