OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Paint protection package / window tint - worth it?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paint protection package / window tint - worth it?

hey I'm about to take delivery of a new y62 ...
    the dealership wants to sell Hydro CERAMIC paint protection and Window tinting.. as they do.

The y62 comes with privacy glass. Is that any good, or should I tint. (In WA. Hot summers etc)(Giving you 99% uv protection and 60% heat and glare rejection)
    The Hydro CERAMIC paint protection + interior protection. Some marketing jumbo. Codagan thinks is BS. Has anyone done it on the y62. (I hear the paint isn't great to begin with?)

Does any one have any experience, can make a comment?

cheers,
    Rich

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would not do the paint protection. likely you will be getting a full bare metal respray soon enough if they ahve not sorted that so it would be a waste of money mate, or do it then demand it be done again when the paint chips. If you need a respray you would argue it should be ceramic coated again for sure.

@Avo what dd you do about tint mate.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah the coating isn't worth shit they use,I'm going to get mine done soon once the paint shit is sorted...i wouldn't use what Nissan say
    I got the windows tinted after a bit,and slowly doing other things and kept the luxury tax to 450 bucks I think

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (11th November 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The privacy glass on the Series 5 is what my tinter called "Performance Glass" (i had mine tested with two different brand testers), so unlike most other cars with privacy glass that you put the clear tint on , its a waste of money getting anything other than the two front windows tinted on a 62.

The dealer most likely won't tell you (or does not know), but your Y62s "leather accented" seats are pretty much gonna be mostly Sofilez, so don't waste money on any expensive leather treatments, don't be too disappointed, as its bloody good stuff, and over time will look, wear, and last longer than hide........ if your really keen, just buy some Bowdens Leather Guard, and do it yourself for $29.

Many reasons i never got any paint protection, i think most is way over priced for what you actually get, some "warranties" fine print require you to pay for a annual paint "inspection" or reapplication, most require you always keep the car clean and free from bird poop anyway, and ive heard the brittleness of ceramic coat blamed for why the paint chipped on a 62 (BS if you ask me, but what i heard)

So...put the saved money toward fuel, and enjoy the 400hp
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

Avo (13th November 2020), mudski (13th November 2020)