Thread: Engine stuck to bellhousing

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Engine stuck to bellhousing

Hey all, currently pulling out my td42 to put it in a clean body, I have removed all the bellhousing bolts and have the engine supported on the crane but cant seem to break it free from the bellhousing, any tips for on best practice to break it free?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Winnie @Rossco @matfew was there any hidden nuts that we needed to find to split the box of the engine?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah shouldn't be too tricky hopefully, as long as all bolts undone. Do a final thorough check double make sure you got them all then try a pry bar wherever you can get something in probably the little drain at bottom of bell housing for a start? Might just need a wiggle off ther dowels or break any gasket goo if its been apart before. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When i did my clutch my belhousing was was stuck (more like welded) to a locating stud on the passenger side of the housing. I don't know if anyone has any tricks i should have known about but i reckon it took me longer to get that apart than the entire rest of the operation. Hours I spent levering, jiggling, banging and swearing at the bloody thing.

Got it eventually but it wss just very, very painful. Hopefully this isn't your issue..
    2003 GU TD42 with a few extra ponies

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hmm yeah I didn't have any dramas with that. Should be pretty straight forward. There aren't any hidden bolts, they should all be really obvious.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tap the housing with bloody big hammer lol
    97 GU Ti 4.5 on lpg , uhf icom Pro400, Garmin GPS Maps, HD-Lukas Dash Cam with gps tracking. Snorkel , I-Max 12000lb Winch , Twin rear light bracket on wheel carrier for light & uhf antenna,Draws unit, Electric Cargo barrier, HID headlights kit, LED Light Bar, 2 inch lift with HD King springs and Monroe Gas Magnum TDT 4WD Shock Absorbers, BS Dueler 697 Lt 285/75R-16 .

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got it off, thanks all. Turns out the trick was pressing in the clutch. Unfortunately now the engine wont clear the front of the vehicle with the crane maxed out and the tyres let down.
    What do you all think of taking the springs and shocks out of the car and lowering the body all the way down?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Auspecial For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (22nd July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah that sounds like the best option to be honest. I don't see a problem with it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about taking the wheels off and chocking the diff up instead, configure it so the disks are just off the ground - then you only have to jack it back up and put the wheels on.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Auspecial View Post
    Finally got it off, thanks all. Turns out the trick was pressing in the clutch. Unfortunately now the engine wont clear the front of the vehicle with the crane maxed out and the tyres let down.
    What do you all think of taking the springs and shocks out of the car and lowering the body all the way down?
    Take the front wheels off mate
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

mudski (23rd July 2019), Rossco (23rd July 2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast