The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Can’t say we have mate, what is fixed wireless, sounds promising and whom to speak with Appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure its like mobile wireless interwebs from your mobile phone, but its a permanent thing from your home using a dish/ reciever thingo picking up a signal from a tower. Sorry not sure on the tecchy words there.
    Last edited by mudski; 13th August 2020 at 09:38 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

10G (14th August 2020), MB (13th August 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ask @matfew MB about his wireless. From memory he's getting amazing speeds.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MB (13th August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,962 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whoa what's fixed wireless? Would like to know more.

I've recently gone from horrendous internet connection to the you beaut NBN and farking no difference! And I'm in suburbia!

It's terrible and still have no internet connection from time to time.

Edit: To be clear, sometimes my "landline" has no internet connection even with NBN connection, but I can get internet on my phone living here in the burbs. It's pathetic let alone being out of town a bit crikey.
    Last edited by Plasnart; 13th August 2020 at 09:48 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

MB (13th August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,247 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ask all your general ( none related forum ) computer questions here

All sorted, a heavy haulage UHF mate passing through Parkes has got us family solved

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

mudski (14th August 2020), Plasnart (13th August 2020), rusty_nail (14th August 2020)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Nuffy Older B’s may need a bit of techy advice please if anyone has some ideas to help get Telstra’s arse into gear top folks!

16 & 10 YO Littlens are trying their best to remotely home school here on the locality borders of Stage 3/4 Victorian lockdown.

Our girls struggle to Webex login to their high/primary school groups at the same times and it’s really starting to affect their focus.

Telstra’s response:

“I'm afraid ADSL does not really offer much speed. It's only upto 25mbps. I'm afraid I never heard anything about Telstra reducing the speed. We provide the max speed as much as possible on the area for adsl. Speedboost does not work on adsl too. As much as we would like to provide a better technology there, NBn is now government mandated however, there's no timeframe on your area yet on when it's going to be available. You may also try to apply directly to NBN . “

The reply did go on further with suggestions of ‘mobile broadband’ although here is a quick ‘speed test’ off my phone here at its 3G peak:

Here is a snippet of the ADSL speed test at its peak:

I understand that our Networks (if that’s what it’s called) are coping a flogging these days but if I climb to the top of our hill I can see Melbourne’s Eureka Towers lights off in the distance!

Is there Satellite options available these days for remote outback schooling Australian’s ?

Hey MB. The education department are offering all students, either a device to use to work on, eg an iPad, or a device to connect to the internet, eg: SIM card, or a device that can be setup as a hotspot, or both, eg: an iPad with a SIM card.

Your phone's internet connection photo didn't look promising, but you should approach the school and see if they can supply you with something. I'd tell them you don't have a working internet connection & need something for your kids, they should provide you with something.

NBN fixed wireless can be good. We have it and it's pretty good, but we live in a rural area so our NBN tower doesn't get alot of traffic.

Think of fixed wireless as you do with how your phone internet works, it's fundamentally the same idea, an antenna on your roof talks to an NBN tower, just like your phone talks to a 4G tower.

I'm involved with the Dept of Ed stuff so if you need some help or info, PM me and I'll do what I can to help.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

MB (16th August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gents, Anyone a Gamer? my young fella is a Gamer and turning 15 in a few weeks and his computer just died. What should i get? I know nothing. the only way i could shop here is Price alone..... is a $1500 that much worse than a $3000 unit? really? He has a good keyboard, mouse, headphones and screen. Just tower..

Annnnnnd....GO!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Gents, Anyone a Gamer? my young fella is a Gamer and turning 15 in a few weeks and his computer just died. What should i get? I know nothing. the only way i could shop here is Price alone..... is a $1500 that much worse than a $3000 unit? really? He has a good keyboard, mouse, headphones and screen. Just tower..

Annnnnnd....GO!
    What sort of games mate? What size and type of screen? You can spend $1500 alone just for a graphics card if you want too? @Hodge time to shine bro!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (14th August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post

Annnnnnd....GO!
    Give that fwit Nic @rusty_nail a call mate.
    He helped me out before and for some reason he knows his shit

Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 14th August 2020 at 04:18 PM.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (14th August 2020), rusty_nail (14th August 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    What sort of games mate? What size and type of screen? You can spend $1500 alone just for a graphics card if you want too? @Hodge time to shine bro!
    he is beyond fortnight but plenty of shoot to kill games and driving games. I should know this but i dont.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just ordered him a Gan365i Speed Cube from the USA. The little shit is Sub 30seconds on a Rubic Cube.....

https://speedcubeshop.com/products/g...29487908847729

Page 166 of 176 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168 ... LastLast