OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 837 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 337737787827835836837838839847887937 ... LastLast
Results 8,361 to 8,370 of 10452

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Finally fitted a new piston in the front D/S brake calliper. When I fitted new discs and pads a while ago, I found the bottom of the rubber boot was ripped and had allowed moisture to get in and cause the piston to rust along the seal.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

MB (18th May 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Disassembled my vnt turbo actuator rod and with the liberal use of some Mil spec CLP "clean lubricate preserve solution" got my turbo actuator rod adjuster working and now can change its length to bring on boost earlier. Set the actuator lever up to hit stop by measurement (inches of mercury-vacuum) with the new mityvac hand pressure/vac pump that arrived today Good kit can use to bleed brakes and clutch as well.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bidja For This Useful Post:

MB (18th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gags View Post
    A couple of months ago I scored some 6" Kenwood speakers from Supercheap that were marked down from $70 to $30 and then I got another 40% off so they were only $18 per pair. I also bought a $10 set of plastic tools for removing door trims. Today I replaced all four of the stock speakers (Clarion branded with paper elements) with the Kenwood ones and I'm happy to say that I managed to do it without breaking any of the door trims or the "Christmas Tree" attachment thingys. It took about 45 min for the first one as it took me a while to work out how to get the door trims off but it got easier from there and the last one only took about 20 min to remove trim, remove speaker and cut existing connector off, solder on new speaker, install speaker, replace door trim). The sound quality is so much better and I can turn it all the way up on the stock head unit without it distorting. Now I just need to keep an eye out for a new head unit and I am still deciding if I am going to add an amp as well.
    Fitted some 6.5 in speakers all around a year or so back one of the better mods.

Tomorrow I'll be taken a bit of boost out of the beast, the guys that did the head must of fixed a suspected leak I thought I had so will back it off fro 25psi ay 100mph to about 15psi at 110 mph or Hume hwy running, then fiddle with Dawes as suggested by @mudski, way to much boost for a small motor.
    Plus no limp mode either but thats another story. Will let yo know how I go
    Last edited by threedogs; 20th May 2018 at 05:31 AM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Fitted some 6.5 in speakers all around a year or so back one of the better mods.

Tomorrow I'll be taken a bit of boost out of the beast, the guys that did the head must of fixed a suspected leak I thought I had so will back it off fro 25psi ay 100mph to about 110psi at 110 mph or Hume hwy running, then fiddle with Dawes as suggested by @mudski, way to much boost for a small motor.
    Plus no limp mode either but thats another story. Will let yo know how I go
    Yeh (in my case), slightest vacuum leak can have large impact on spool/boost especially running high boost levels.
    Saw this recently, had a stage 3 turbo fitted and tune(running 22-23 maxB), the the guys replaced my Dawes with a Tillix but used a vac hose with too large a ID to suit the vac filter. Vac leak and caused lose of boost hauling(egts high) and lack of spool response/pwr low down(laggy). Traveled 350ks home, found leak, repaired got instant improvement but needs another tune (FOChg of course).
    Last edited by Bidja; 19th May 2018 at 03:46 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thursday, had ECPT do a follow up dyno tune and to provide more fuel low down for improved spool for 4 & 5th gear to match up with new procharge stage 3 turbo running Max B 22psi.
    Today, doing final adjustment to the actuator rod length with good result. Achieved improved linear spool/pwr response thru rev range (>1800 rpm). Max boost >21 psi in 1st 2nd 3rd gears from 1800rpm in 4th and 5th from 2000 rpm, can produce and hold max torque >370N-m from 1800rpm in all gears under load condition....Running full NADS, Tillix/needle, Fabwitz 3" complete SS induction sys (air box to throttle body).
    Hwy run <11.5 lt/100kms from Nth of Sydney to ACT doing mostly 110kph and acceptable EGTs. Dyno max result 122kW (163rwhp) / 378 N-m.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Finally washed it. Looks good in low light. I’d love to give it a new coat of jam...IMG_0699.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Bidja (16th June 2018), Hodge (9th June 2018), Plasnart (9th June 2018), Sir Roofy (13th June 2018), Yeti's Beast (9th June 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No you wouldn’t . As it is you take it anywhere & enjoy it as it should be enjoyed , as do I with mine , if it got a coat of paint you’d be hesitant on some tracks / over grown etc .

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sprock For This Useful Post:

Bidja (16th June 2018)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stripped the TB42 twin pot brakes down to run a kit thru them before installing next weekend. Took me 2 hours to get one of the pistons out, and there is corrosion towards the pad end of the piston that looks like its pitted the seal surface, too bad to ignore so off to buy 4 pistons on Monday. Seems Nissan is the only option at this time as nothing else on line at the moment?

Word of warning people when using compressed air to extend the pistons - you end up with a high velocity slug if you are not careful - nursing a very sore finger that got in the way as one piston let loose.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (17th June 2018)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post

Word of warning people when using compressed air to extend the pistons - you end up with a high velocity slug if you are not careful - nursing a very sore finger that got in the way as one piston let loose.
    Haha! I put a piece of wood in the caliper where the pads would go to soften the blow when they fire out.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (17th June 2018)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, drivers side front end seals, brgs and TB42 twin pot calipers in. Did the complete overhaul per Darrens excellent instruction set. Had a few issues. The first one was the hub bearing spanner - bought this 15 yrs ago and never used it, my patrol has the GU wheel brg nuts. Bloody spigots were too big for the lock nut, so a quick dash down to Patrola part, and decided to change out the nuts, lock washer and screws, plus buy a spanner that fits.

Had a nightmare getting the small brgs off the spigots - the top and bottom knuckle brgs - totally siezed, could not shift them even with a 10 t hydraulic sykes puller, so ended up grinding out the side to weaken the brg and they came out ok.

Unsure about my torque settings for seating the wheel brgs though, set a brand spanking torque wrench to 145ft lbs per the notes and never made it click, but brgs locked right up. backed them off and rotated wheel to loosen then borrowed a neighbours TW and same again, never reached 145. Anyway, have followed the instructions but compared to the other side of the car the wheel brg assy is a fair bit stiffer. Looks like I wont get this completed this weekend, so passenger side will be done next week over a couple of nights.

Page 837 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 337737787827835836837838839847887937 ... LastLast