Thread: Rosscos GQ Rejuvenation

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Id have thought that his rev range at 75kmh would be similar to mine at 85kmh. So the missing link in comparing the readouts is that mine doesnt show RPM which would really show the differential.
    Yeah I wish you both had RPM read outs...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (29th November 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I assume they do corrections on weight of vehicle too and even the weight of when they torque the car down to the rollers with straps, etc?

So Darren and Rosscos cars are completely different with Rosscos being shiploads lighter and from different tuners, understand they probably calculate all that but thats only accurate with a guess of what the operator puts the data in as they both have shiploads of different accessories added and fuel, drawers, bars, winches, etc or is that minor in results?

I'll have to drag all mine out and overlay them, would be interested to see between my old silver and the Td42TI.

I have your readouts. You have a difference of pretty much the same as the ones I posted above and the same as darrens vs rossco. While there are subtle differences between the td engines the one thing that seemingly makes that difference is the cam. We have quite a few results now proving this.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

AB (30th November 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gave the thing a service and replaced brake pads with genuine ones and brakes definitely feel better, pretty happy with them now all things considered. Knew the rears were getting low but crickey not much left on one pad lol. .

Just need to replace both tie rod ends as they have a bit of slop and dreaded death wobbles have been rearing their head for a bit and pumping it full of grease isn't quite cutting it anymore.

Noticed cold starting not entirely perfect still, bit of white smoke and little rough, don't know what's going on there, apart from that bloody good and better than before, hot starting is perfect now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Bidja (16th December 2018), GQtdauto (16th December 2018), mudski (16th December 2018)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Gave the thing a service and replaced brake pads with genuine ones and brakes definitely feel better, pretty happy with them now all things considered. Knew the rears were getting low but crickey not much left on one pad lol. .

Just need to replace both tie rod ends as they have a bit of slop and dreaded death wobbles have been rearing their head for a bit and pumping it full of grease isn't quite cutting it anymore.

Noticed cold starting not entirely perfect still, bit of white smoke and little rough, don't know what's going on there, apart from that bloody good and better than before, hot starting is perfect now.

Yeah I went from Bendix 4wd pads to OEM and its way better... As for your cold starts, maybe you have fuel leaking back via the filter head through the primer pump. Have you got one of those brake line clamps you can use on the fuel line just after the filter head? If you clamp it off and then leave it over night and then remove it and see. This may help with the outcome.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (16th December 2018), Rossco (16th December 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been giving the old girl a bit of love this week just fixing lots of little nigling things that have been annoying. . . Fixed indicator light in cluster that wasn't working, just needed contacts cleaned, new washer motors- squirts with power now and bolted down tablet holder to dash after the crazy corugations on useless loop destroyed that lol . . . Was a fun job had to sticky tape the nuts too a spanner to get them on lol. . Decided to put a catch can on it too went with a HPD one have to say it's a very nice kit, if my filter was still on the original side would have been a bolt in kit but made a bracket and put it on other side and fits nice. Ready to enjoy i reckon . . .

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (21st December 2018), Hodge (21st December 2018), jay see (21st December 2018), MB (21st December 2018), mudski (21st December 2018), PeeBee (21st December 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gave the old banger some attention today. . For some strange reason the stereo just s#!t itself and was dead as a doornail so replaced it with another pioneer single din unit. Pretty easy all just plugged back in and sounds better than the old one not that ther old one was bad. . Gave the inside a good clean as haven't done this since cape jaffa and sand everywhere lol. .

Got a bit excited the other day and ordered some snazzy OME BP51's for it, so had to swing over to patrolapart to pick up some extended bump stops as they are long travel ones. Pretty keen to see how these bad boys go just quietly, everything everyone says about them is pretty positive.

Not much to them without a CD player! The new one is good it's only half the depth as is the GME so makes it a bit less tight at the back. .

Last edited by Rossco; 2nd March 2019 at 06:41 PM.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

AB (2nd March 2019), Bacho86 (2nd March 2019), MB (2nd March 2019), MB TD42 (1st April 2019), PeeBee (2nd March 2019)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You will love the bp51s !!!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    2005 TD42TI

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Rossco (2nd March 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look forward to the report Rossco, unsure if I want to go that way or stick with the hydraulic Koni's.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Rossco (2nd March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,385 Times in 6,249 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very very keen to hear your reports on the shockies mate. Planning on getting a set asap.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

Rossco (2nd March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ooow BP’s very snazzy mate, keen to see how they perform too!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast