Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ti in the Garage

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ripped my rear seats out and installed a false floor with three storage spaces underneath. One space is for the jack in the original position with room for tyrepliers etc. The others are forward and have room for recovery gear and a gel battery with the Projecta isolator underneath. Built a fridge slid on top too. Will try and set some pics for you if you'd like.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fits5 For This Useful Post:

Mushie (21st June 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,387 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fits5 View Post
    I ripped my rear seats out and installed a false floor with three storage spaces underneath. One space is for the jack in the original position with room for tyrepliers etc. The others are forward and have room for recovery gear and a gel battery with the Projecta isolator underneath. Built a fridge slid on top too. Will try and set some pics for you if you'd like.
    Yeah I work in Warragul too mate.
    Have a look in this thread for the trip details https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...3&share_type=t

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went for a drive yesterday and checked out the 17inch wheels at " Offroad Konnection " that Cam Jam told me about $179 each thanks CJ .
    Offroad Konnection is just around the corner from " Fourby Fitouts " so called in there as well .

I haven't really looked yet but is there a best /easy way to get wires , UHF aerial coax from the engine bay into the cab .
    Removing the plastic from the dash , kick panels, glove box ect to get through the firewall has alway be fairly easy with all my other 4WD's , this Patrol looks to be put together a bit better .

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofjr View Post
    I went for a drive yesterday and checked out the 17inch wheels at " Offroad Konnection " that Cam Jam told me about $179 each thanks CJ .
    Offroad Konnection is just around the corner from " Fourby Fitouts " so called in there as well .

I haven't really looked yet but is there a best /easy way to get wires , UHF aerial coax from the engine bay into the cab .
    Removing the plastic from the dash , kick panels, glove box ect to get through the firewall has alway be fairly easy with all my other 4WD's , this Patrol looks to be put together a bit better .
    No worries

I used to install all my lights, UHF and the like... gave up on my last car and gave it to an auto-elec to figure out, with my guidance (ie, don't choose the grommet from the floor). Best idea I have had in my opinion.

So - mine goes down to Melbourne at the end of July to have it all fitted - if you can wait, I can take photo's of where they put everything through. It'd be lights and UHF coax that will be poking out - again, I'll be asking for nothing floor level. From what I have heard ,there's a grommet in front of the passenger they use that's reasonably high up. Looking at it, I think they're talking about the large round rubber one but I'll see what happens... Wish I could forgo the rear seats too, but that's not an option I'm afraid for me...

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The surrounds that run up along the side of the centre console binnacle are easy to remove. After they are out, the section around the shift lever is also straightforward to remove. I ran cables through the large grommets on both sides of the engine bay. Use a piece of wire with the cable taped to it and a bit of WD40 as lube.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CJ all the way from Canberra to Melb to have work done , why is that or are you just going to be down here anyway ?
    I connected my ScanGauge and Dash Cam up a couple of days ago , have engine oil temp , auto temp , volts and Ltx100K's showing . I'm not sure about the voltage reading it seems to be all over the place
    Engine oil temp and Auto temp seem to be about the same give or take , is that right or have I set it up wrong .
    Anyone here use a SC or similar what numbers have you seen ?

Filled the tank for the first time yesterday , got about 15.5 - 16 Ltx100k , worked out manually but the tank was full when I picked it up from the dealer , gauge said full , but not sure if it was Full/full
    ( you know what I mean ) or what they actually put in it 91-95-98
    I filled with 98 yesterday.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofjr View Post
    CJ all the way from Canberra to Melb to have work done , why is that or are you just going to be down here anyway ?
    I connected my ScanGauge and Dash Cam up a couple of days ago , have engine oil temp , auto temp , volts and Ltx100K's showing . I'm not sure about the voltage reading it seems to be all over the place
    Engine oil temp and Auto temp seem to be about the same give or take , is that right or have I set it up wrong .
    Anyone here use a SC or similar what numbers have you seen ?

Filled the tank for the first time yesterday , got about 15.5 - 16 Ltx100k , worked out manually but the tank was full when I picked it up from the dealer , gauge said full , but not sure if it was Full/full
    ( you know what I mean ) or what they actually put in it 91-95-98
    I filled with 98 yesterday.
    I need recovery points - and the only way to get them is either with a Rhino Bar, or through OnTrack in Kealba who manufactures their own to suit ARB and TJM bars. I prefer some upper protection, and round spot lights (the Rhino doesn't have an option of a higher hoop, and looks odd with round spot lights). So I'm getting a TJM Explorer Bar, with OnTrack recovery points with the lights wired in (purchased separately) and UHF installed (purchased separately) for the same price as a local Rhino Bar installed - and my local ACT installers haven't installed one on a Y62 yet. It was a close call - I like the Rhino weighing less - but for me it's just got to protect all of the radiator for mine. I MAY also get a suspension lift at the same time - again, only OnTrack does this to the Y62 (although will sell kits to local mobs like TJM to fit) - depends on how much the bar work lowers the front.

Work wise - I have offices down in Melbourne so I'm just going to drop my car off and head to them to work from for a few days. As far as the family is concerned, this is a work-required visit that I may as well take my car down to for some work

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep fair enough CJ , I will have to checkout OnTrack they seem to have good gear and know what they are doing.
    I hope I don't get to regret not having upper protection with the Rhino Bar , I haven't hit a Roo for years and they have always hit me running into the side of the vehicle.
    I see the Patrol has a yellow sticker under the bonnet saying anymore than 85kg added to the front can cause damage , it's going to be difficult keeping under that with a winch .
    I talked to a local Spring Works on Friday about lifting the Patrol if it needs it after adding weight , I would only want to lift it back to std hight or not much more .
    I did measure all four corners before it did any K's .

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's my phone call to OnTrack shortly. Re-springing or similar just to ensure it remains reasonably stock in height. If that can't be done, I'll go the lift rather than lose anything more than say 10mm... I also want to stiffen the rear in order to be able to track along with 250-odd Kg's in the back. So hopefully that's just replacement springs front and rear...

I spoke with Rhino before the decision - they were saying it's all up going to add around 55 - 60kg to the front. add a Synthetic rope winch and you'll be near limits (with lights and aerial) but you will be under the 85Kg. It's also why I went Explorer bar (single hoop) rather than the full hoop I usually get - it saves around 6kg's.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Yep Rhino told me 60kg , I don't know how much is removed with the std bumper and what else is removed
    I weighed my Runva Winch with control box all cables and synthetic rope , it's 38kg . staying under 85kg , it's gonna be close , battery in the rear ,maybe only half fill the washer bottle .
    A suspension upgrade will come with some lift , I will fit the Bar , Winch , load all the stuff I take when traveling then give the Spring bloke another look ,that probably won't be got a few months yet
    Last edited by Jackofjr; 25th June 2018 at 08:29 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12