OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1027 of 1048 FirstFirst ... 275279279771017102510261027102810291037 ... LastLast
Results 10,261 to 10,270 of 10474

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,246 Times in 481 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the way to go is to have those 2T almost balanced over the trailer axle other then some 200kg of it being perceived at the towball? 10% is the rule of thumb when towing?
    1997 Blue Nissan Patrol Y60 blacktop TD42 - Honey Badger (build thread)
    2006 White Nissan Patrol Y61 TB45 - G-Unicorn (build thread)
    1997 Red Suzuki Samurai Canvas Top SJ413 - Tatui
    2005 White Toyota Landcruiser FZJ105 - Stormtrooper

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrazilianY60 For This Useful Post:

MB (5th May 2022), mudnut (5th May 2022)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,411 Times in 6,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    FWIW: For Top Folks whom own any variant (LWB/SWB/Ute) GQ-Y60 models with aftermarket auxiliary fuel tanks tucked up on the drivers side - beside the tail shaft and chassis, listen carefully pretty please before departing on your once in a lifetime family adventure
    Once the aftermarket auxiliary tank is installed, it is physically impossible to remove the front lower trailing arm (control arm drivers side) bolt to replace a rubber bush without completely removing the tank.
    Poor design from several aftermarket manufacturers IMHO albeit hindered by OEM design, sell and forget I feel , please be sure to install OEM brand NEW front ‘rubber’ lower control/trailing arm bushes before your long awaiting earned departure
    That would be a horrible job to do trackside somewhere out in a current boggy desert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mark when you put the bolt back in, turn it around and put the nut on the tank side so you can remove it. AB and I did this when we installed our tanks at his house.
    From memory we had to cut about 5mm off the end of the bolt.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

MB (5th May 2022), PeeBee (5th May 2022), Rossco (5th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,315 Times in 4,988 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Mark when you put the bolt back in, turn it around and put the nut on the tank side so you can remove it. AB and I did this when we installed our tanks at his house.
    From memory we had to cut about 5mm off the end of the bolt.

That’ll definitely do the trick thanks Chrisso Mate Stupid side steps on this Shorty currently stop that too but a Shipload easier removing them than a tank for sure

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did you do to your Patrol today!

Quote Originally Posted by BrazilianY60 View Post
    So the way to go is to have those 2T almost balanced over the trailer axle other then some 200kg of it being perceived at the towball? 10% is the rule of thumb when towing?
    Recommendations I’ve been following for some years now BZ Mate is between 5% 15% of total trailer weight should be apparently the weight of your trailer hitch on the tow vehicles ball.
    5% I’ve trialled and it never felt too comfortable to me, still a bit wobbly on tow.
    15% on our GQ’s towing say max legal I believe of 2,500kg puts it over our rear towball 250kg allowance I believe?
    Even on my bigger GU’s before with 3,500kg towing capacity and 350kg towball allowance I feel 10% for both GU & GQ is the perfect balance.
    Many other trailer configurations factors to consider too I’m sure and please don’t take this as legal Gospel

Last edited by MB; 5th May 2022 at 07:22 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 614 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jff45 View Post
    All baked, rebuilt & refitted. Just need to bleed it all and try it out..

Attachment 85257

Now doing the front calipers so that will finish a complete overhaul of the whole 20 year old braking system including the hydro boost unit, complete set of braided lines, new slotted rotors front & rear and the rebuilt calipers with ECB Yellowstuff front & DBA Extreme pads for the rear.

DFD96DA1-4B60-4172-B7A0-B44D8A360EF4.jpeg

D0ED5842-20FF-452F-BF4B-FD30E79778AB.jpeg
    John

2001 GUII TI 4500 - Now converted to TD42T auto with Nomad valve body

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jff45 For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (5th May 2022), Hodge (5th May 2022), MB (5th May 2022), Touses (6th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,411 Times in 6,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That’ll definitely do the trick thanks Chrisso Mate Stupid side steps on this Shorty currently stop that too but a Shipload easier removing them than a tank for sure

Yeah I have to remove side steps to get the bolt out but figured that is a much easier task than dropping the tank.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

MB (5th May 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    …………………………here’s hoping Fords 1989 4.5L carbureted engines can handle some nonstop miles like Nissan’s old diesel dinosaur donks

Fair Diddly Dinkum, I should’ve brought the TD42 faithful slug ute for this work trip

Two solid pre-sunrise to sun-down days driving, fixing, stopping searching for parts and we’ve only made 1,000km with a mere 2hrs paid work stop this afternoon.

From start to finish, replacing electrical bits and bobs wherever we could find them we’ve so far installed over the last 500km:

#Ignition coil (GT40R) almost impossible to find these days in stock out there.
    #All ignition leads, coil/spark, no kits available for TB42S, hand picked for length at various stores enroute.
    #Distributor cap, found the last one in NSW at Dubbo.
    #Electric fuel pump, had a spare in the back.

We’ve nearly lost all peddle now and putted into Tamworth tonight using torque at 10% throttle and still have another 300 clicks tomorrow to hopefully meet a Petronix ignitor that @AB has kindly express posted from Mexico

A long story picture short, diagnosis’s has been confusing & tiresome over many kms:

Cooling down the suspect hot coil every 50km originally:

Replacing all leads……..better for a while.

Finally noticing distributor cap damage:

Tracking down a new distributor cap……….

Modify the aftermarket rotor back to standard OEM length from previous owners performance enhancements:

The OEM rotor balance spring/weight that counteracts cannot cope with this heavy extended performance modification and has assisted slight dizzy bearing degradation/wobble in my nuffy opinion, hence the previous severe cap uneven damage.

It has been a weirdest ever changing diagnosis fault on any vehicle I have ever owned and finally tonight have much clearer consistent symptoms of it being like cooked points of old except it has an aftermarket Petronix replacement ignitor custom installed

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (5th May 2022), mudski (5th May 2022), Rossco (5th May 2022)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,285 Times in 6,437 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was hoping to depart for urgent NSW work early in the morning utilising the little TB45NA tug boat weapon for our Kanga trailer and gear. Picked up some new 2” shocks and 2” GU springs to handle my guesstimated weight needs with front steel work awaiting fitment ASAP. Whoops…..it’s standing proud at 4” lift now and its rear mini shorty tailshaft unladen is near 5 degrees at least uni joint uneven and vibrating badly

A quick run in another vehicle to Patrolapart to pickup gearbox crossmember dropdown spacers (12mm) and will steal upper adjustable control arms off my GQ ute in the morning for hopefully a half day only delayed departure needed

Love the shorties!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MB (5th May 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Summary: I apologise to all Patrol owners out there for giving us a bad name bonnet up frequently on our highways for Landcrabs to feel betterer about themselves
    As soon as is possible (back home hopefully parts available) this little shorty will be converted back to OEM full specs of points & condenser with a spare set thrown in the ashtray for changeover every 100,000kms
    Please DO-NOT install performance modified longer distributor rotors folks and I’m seriously questioning newfound Petronix upgrades for heat resistance/longevity from previous owners installation too

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,285 Times in 6,437 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fair Diddly Dinkum, I should’ve brought the TD42 faithful slug ute for this work trip

Two solid pre-sunrise to sun-down days driving, fixing, stopping searching for parts and we’ve only made 1,000km with a mere 2hrs paid work stop this afternoon.

From start to finish, replacing electrical bits and bobs wherever we could find them we’ve so far installed over the last 500km:

#Ignition coil (GT40R) almost impossible to find these days in stock out there.
    #All ignition leads, coil/spark, no kits available for TB42S, hand picked for length at various stores enroute.
    #Distributor cap, found the last one in NSW at Dubbo.
    #Electric fuel pump, had a spare in the back.

We’ve nearly lost all peddle now and putted into Tamworth tonight using torque at 10% throttle and still have another 300 clicks tomorrow to hopefully meet a Petronix ignitor that @AB has kindly express posted from Mexico

A long story picture short, diagnosis’s has been confusing & tiresome over many kms:

Cooling down the suspect hot coil every 50km originally:

Replacing all leads……..better for a while.

Finally noticing distributor cap damage:

Tracking down a new distributor cap……….

Modify the aftermarket rotor back to standard OEM length from previous owners performance enhancements:

The OEM rotor balance spring/weight that counteracts cannot cope with this heavy extended performance modification and has assisted slight dizzy bearing degradation/wobble in my nuffy opinion, hence the previous severe cap uneven damage.

It has been a weirdest ever changing diagnosis fault on any vehicle I have ever owned and finally tonight have much clearer consistent symptoms of it being like cooked points of old except it has an aftermarket Petronix replacement ignitor custom installed

Looks like that dizzy itself has worn out. The shaft might have too much play in it by the looks of that pic.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MB (5th May 2022)

Page 1027 of 1048 FirstFirst ... 275279279771017102510261027102810291037 ... LastLast