Thread: Outlaw 4x4 3" Turbo Back Exhaust + Flash Lube catch can pro

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outlaw 4x4 3" Turbo Back Exhaust + Flash Lube catch can pro

Hi,

I'm getting the outlaw 4x4 Turbo back system installed this Friday and a Flash Lube Catch Can Pro.
    Has anyone heard anything about the Outlaw systems? can't find much about them, they seem to be a parent company.

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cant say anything about the exhaust but the catch can is a bit small. The flash lube can is just a Provent catch can made by Mann and Hummel. That can is only rate for engines up to 100kw. Not sure what motor you have but even on an RD28, which is under 100kw, I wouldn't use this sized can. The Provent 200 is a much better choice.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Cant say anything about the exhaust but the catch can is a bit small. The flash lube can is just a Provent catch can made by Mann and Hummel. That can is only rate for engines up to 100kw. Not sure what motor you have but even on an RD28, which is under 100kw, I wouldn't use this sized can. The Provent 200 is a much better choice.
    Hi mudski,

Thanks for your feedback, not good to hear about the Catch Can, I might tell them to hold off on it for now and see if I can get a Provent 200. Also actually glad you mentioned it as I have never heard of Flash Lube until now, I've always heard Provent and HPD etc.. but thanks for clarifying that. The exhaust system with be a hit or miss I guess, hopefully a hit

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
    Hi mudski,

Thanks for your feedback, not good to hear about the Catch Can, I might tell them to hold off on it for now and see if I can get a Provent 200. Also actually glad you mentioned it as I have never heard of Flash Lube until now, I've always heard Provent and HPD etc.. but thanks for clarifying that. The exhaust system with be a hit or miss I guess, hopefully a hit
    Flash Lube have been around for many years. Their can is just a Provent 100, rebadged. But the 200 is the size you want. Their is a 150, but the port orientation is messed up on this model and doesn't suit. The 200 has large 1inch ports, Western Filters sell a kit with adaptors to suit the Patrols. Its expensive, but the best on the market.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just had a look at Outlaw 4x4's website. Wow, how annoying! I lasted maybe a minute on their and had to get out. Who puts sound to their website? Anyhow, their pipes are in Stainless by the looks of it. Unless you live near the sea I personally cant see the advantage of paying extra for a stainless system. But thats me.

Do you know what brand the exhaust is? They would be just buying it from the manufacturer so if you can find out who makes it, this will give you a better idea of the zorst. I assume its for a 3Ltr Patrol? If so. Does the zorst have a cat? Is the cat metallic or ceramic? hi flow or not?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had a look at Outlaw 4x4's website. Wow, how annoying! I lasted maybe a minute on their and had to get out. Who puts sound to their website? Anyhow, their pipes are in Stainless by the looks of it. Unless you live near the sea I personally cant see the advantage of paying extra for a stainless system. But thats me.

Do you know what brand the exhaust is? They would be just buying it from the manufacturer so if you can find out who makes it, this will give you a better idea of the zorst. I assume its for a 3Ltr Patrol? If so. Does the zorst have a cat? Is the cat metallic or ceramic? hi flow or not?
    Yeah I went on their website and it is annoying as hell, initially I had my sound off but I chucked the headphones on and they blasted my ear drums. Any how I'm asking the guy at Diesel Tune Australia about the Exhaust, so far I'm getting it without the muffler. Have contacted him regarding the Cat. Total cost for Exhaust is $1300 Fitted. and $1195 for the Remap. Will update this post when he gets back to me.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay so turns out that Outlaw 4x4 have run out of stock at the moment so they are arranging a King Brown - 3" stainless steel with cat, comes with centre muffler but no rear muffler. Cat is high flow metallic.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
    Okay so turns out that Outlaw 4x4 have run out of stock at the moment so they are arranging a King Brown - 3" stainless steel with cat, comes with centre muffler but no rear muffler. Cat is high flow metallic.
    Any reason for going Stainless steel? Petrol or Diesel motor?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any reason for going Stainless steel? Petrol or Diesel motor?
    I believe the King Brown's only come in stainless looking at their website. It's for my Diesel GU8 Patrol 3L TD, no reason for stainless to be honest, they offered 2 systems Outlaw or King Brown and for $1300 fitted for either.
    Last edited by BigJ; 26th October 2017 at 05:55 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BigJ For This Useful Post:

mudski (26th October 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    King Brown are a decent bit of kit...
    2003 GU SIII Auto Grenade. All the goodies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast