Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Exponential Growth of Technology

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Technology well and good, but we can't escape the simple fact that we live on a planet with finite resources.
    There have been many fictional stories (books, movies etc) that focus on what would happen when we reach limits on one or more of these resources, be it fuel, water or some other commodity.
    It's simple maths that you have to divide the resource by the population. We can't iincrease the resource so the only option is to limit the population. Human society has a neat trick to control population. When resources are abundant and leisure becomes part of life, we inherently reduce the number of offspring to sustain the population without too much growth so that we can enjoy our leisure time. When resources become scarce and survival is the focus we increase the number of offspring to try and sustain the population.
    This is why it is important that resources must be distributed amongst the population to a level that the poorest at least get to a point where they will reduce their growth.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dom14 View Post
    I meant being too simplistic and becoming bit too blind to the changes around us.
    Pursuit of gizmos in everyday life has turned some of us into automatons.

Yep, euthanasia should be legal when a person decide to go.
    I agree that euthanasia should be an option.
    Yesterday as next of kin we had to decide on the end of life for the wife's auntie who was on life support in a hospital. We knew it would be her choice but as she had not given written instructions and was no communicative we had to almost retell her life story so that the doctors could agree that it would be a choice she would make.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle_au View Post
    I agree that euthanasia should be an option.
    Yesterday as next of kin we had to decide on the end of life for the wife's auntie who was on life support in a hospital. We knew it would be her choice but as she had not given written instructions and was no communicative we had to almost retell her life story so that the doctors could agree that it would be a choice she would make.

Funny part of the medical ethics is that the doctors and the 'police' has no trouble turning off somebody's life support when they determine somebody's brain dead, regardless of whether the loved one like the idea or not. That is for financial reasons rather than medical reasons 'cos lifesupport systems cost a fortune to run and not many available so they need them vacant for new arrivals of patients. 'Brain deadness' is a tricky area.
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123