Thread: Wedgetail camper

Thanks
    Thanked 5,352 Times in 3,170 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Touses View Post
    Alrighty! Short n blonde has her heart set on a wedgie! No,no, that don't sound right! Ah yes, a wedgetail slide on!
    420kg dry weight, yeah good. Nearly 48k base model, Holy effin shoit!
    So before capitulating completely, (yes it will happen, always does) does anyone now have first hand experience with these cash swallowing monsters!
    Are they as good as they appear to be on paper and in promo vids? Can I still tow the toys with it strapped to the back of the Patrol?????
    Info please folks!
    That looks like the duck's nuts. I have seen a camper very similar and it had push-button auto levelling. it was on a Yota but he was towing a 14-15 ft tinny. He rocked up, unhitched the boat trailer, backed in, pulled a couple of pins and pushed the button. Within 30 seconds the camper was clear of the tray and was levelling itself. For the life of me, I can't remember the brand so you can compare wieghts.

My RB30S is simple, just like its owner.
    Last edited by mudnut; 17th November 2016 at 02:04 PM.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

Touses (17th November 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,247 Times in 644 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Cuppa I hear you about the ropes n pole routine but already do that with the little camper trailer so no real biggie, most stops are 3-4 days.
    I do like an exploratory drive wherever we do camp, so "sliding" on off quickly and easily is a must look into matter whatever brand is eventually given the nod.
    You're spot on about the thought process on this. Someone had the thinkin cap jammed on hard although can't help believing shorty may be a little overwhelmed by the bells n whistles!
    There are some innovative alternatives about. Off to have a look at Trayon/Traytec later this month, made on Sunny coast so is a pleasant day trip to boot!

@mudnut that one sounds like something I'd cough up the best part of 50k for. Self lifting/levelling. Shoit hot! Keep thinkin brother!!!!

At the end of it all I still need to be towing with the rig, so a lot of the decision will have to factor that in!
    I AM NOT STUBBORN.........I prefer the term, Singlemindedly independent !

Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    IMHO its a lot of money$$$ just to sleep in a tent,
    way too much over hang as well

new hair yeah yeah lol
    Heya TD! Missed you in my last post. Overhang isn't really an issue, Tray on New Pig is at 2400 and the bulky stuff in the camper proper is forward over or in front of drive.
    Do agree with you about the cost of sleeping in a tent bit! One thing I refuse to do is hug the bitumen, leave that for DXGrunt, lol.
    Again, I do want to pull a boat so a van or trailer style camper is not on.
    Good to see you feeling better, missed your 'newsy' posts while you were off net.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Touses For This Useful Post:

threedogs (17th November 2016)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,288 Times in 6,437 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    IMHO its a lot of money$$$ just to sleep in a tent,
    way too much over hang as well

new hair yeah yeah lol
    Haha! If it were a tent, thats what it would just be.
    But some of the prices now for campers is just highway robbery though. I spotted one that was 70k.
    Now thats just wrong.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Haha! If it were a tent, thats what it would just be.
    But some of the prices now for campers is just highway robbery though. I spotted one that was 70k.
    Now thats just wrong.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk
    Ive watched these things grow from early 6x4 trailers with a Whirly on top
    that gave you two bunks and a single bed, very cosy indeed. then they came out with 30ft caravans
    that have a wading depth of 1mtr, Agree the prices are ridiculas,
    They market the cashed up retiree that plonks down a big pile of $$$$$$$$
    and buy a Y62 or 200s no idea how to drive it and then hook up a over priced TENT lol

Did no one notice his "piece" lol
    Last edited by threedogs; 17th November 2016 at 03:57 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski
    Now thats just wrong.
    Yep. Look you can get a Top of the range Tvan reduced to $72.5k! https://www.campertraileraustralia.c...urranji-433278

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,315 Times in 4,988 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go for GOLD Touses, you've no doubt earn't it mate!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Touses (18th November 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MB if spending cash was an olympic event right at the moment I would be a podium finish! Hahaha

Wedgetail has no agents at all Aus wide. Factory is in Newcastle,so, that plan on BB 'til can actually view one 'in the flesh'.
    Perhaps a trip down east coast feb/march next year, annoy the rellies on the way!

Breaking news:- ALL of wedgetail camper production SOLD 'til 2018. Can place an order and be added to the list! POOOOOOOP

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Touses View Post
    @MB if spending cash was an olympic event right at the moment I would be a podium finish! Hahaha

Wedgetail has no agents at all Aus wide. Factory is in Newcastle,so, that plan on BB 'til can actually view one 'in the flesh'.
    Perhaps a trip down east coast feb/march next year, annoy the rellies on the way!

Breaking news:- ALL of wedgetail camper production SOLD 'til 2018. Can place an order and be added to the list! POOOOOOOP
    Have you looked at the Tray on campers in SA Mate hade one on a GU, plenty of sleeping and storage
    took it to the Cape no probs cost him $12k delivered highly recommend, ive slept in it too
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

14. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Touses (18th November 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Costs are unlimited in building these things.

Normal business expenses of the premises, permits, compliance, insurance, staff, super, taxes, sick leave, holiday leave plus loading, GST, admin staff, office fit out, web sites, workshop fit out, specific tooling the list goes on and on.

Then the research and development from the original idea, prototypes, testing, compliance, sourcing components and material with costing in mind.

Next is marketing and advertising, attending shows to check out the opposition or display your own, owning a display stand that is portable, transport to shows assembly and dismantle display, staff it on weekends too.

Workshop and display transport vehicles, demonstration stock, etc.

Sales and repairs staff or sub contractors across the country.

Hopefully you don't get sued for Public Liability, Professional Indemnity, Worker Compensation, vehicle related accidents.

Really don't know why you would bother trying to go into a manufacturing business in such a competitive market.

Then you might turn a profit!
    Cheers
    Macca

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast