2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum.
    As I lay there looking up, taking in the spectacular view that was the night sky and the multitude of stars I asked myself, where did my tent go?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day and welcome
    Cheers,

Evo

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi mate and welcome first thing get that shacle off that loop at the back it IS NOT A RECOVERY POINT
    remove your tow hitch and shove your snatch strap up that using the pin, NEVER USE THE TOW BALL
    THEY KILL, other than that nice clean rig Read up on Nads at least fit a Boost and egt guage just to let
    you know whats going on under the bonnet, Remove your engine cover if the intercooler is oily chances
    are the thing is leaking and youre losing boost. A fully tigged one from Diesel Smart cast about $400ish.
    Very clean unit you have there very clean.
    If you ever remove your cargo seats I have these plate to make things kook neater
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by threedogs; 25th February 2018 at 03:55 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Hi mate and welcome first thing get that shacle off that loop at the back it IS NOT A RECOVERY POINT
    remove your tow hitch and shove your snatch strap up that using the pin, NEVER USE THE TOW BALL
    THEY KILL, other than that nice clean rig Read up on Nads at least fit a Boost and egt guage just to let
    you know whats going on under the bonnet, Remove your engine cover if the intercooler is oily chances
    are the thing is leaking and youre losing boost. A fully tigged one from Diesel Smart cast about $400ish.
    Very clean unit you have there very clean.
    If you ever remove your cargo seats I have these plate to make things kook neater
    thanks for the advice mate, much appreciated
    My patrol was a family car for sometime just used for school runs and daily duties so I was lucky enough to pick it up in good condition
    The family who had it moved from Dandenong south to hillside and all the kids had grown up so they no longer needed it.
    I just had the car at my local pedders for a $28 brakes, steering and suspension safety check for peace of mind and they said the car was pretty clean.

Only issues picked were front/rear shocks recommend replacement (But I don't think they are bad as the car drives nice)
    Leading arm and bushes torn so require replacement - cost $184
    Drag link - $330
    steering damper recommend replace due to age - $160
    sway bar and bushes worn, require replacement - $26
    front wheel bearing need adjusting - $?
    tyres old recommend replacing which I intend to get new wheels soon enough
    and a brake fluid flush is recommended...

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I've read the nads kit consists of the following done in this order

1 : boost and pyro gauge
    2 : Dawes/tillex valve and needle valve
    3 : EGR blanking plate
    4 : Oil catch can

and to also add the following
    1 : 2 3/4 or 3" exhaust
    2 : snorkel
    3 : welded intercooler, bigger if possible (I've found rabbas radiator near me sell them so I'll need to look into it)
    4 : Larger intake system
    5 : EDS/ECU TALK
    6 : remap

I need to find a good mechanic in geelong that can help me with all the above

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aleyn87 View Post
    thanks for the advice mate, much appreciated
    My patrol was a family car for sometime just used for school runs and daily duties so I was lucky enough to pick it up in good condition
    The family who had it moved from Dandenong south to hillside and all the kids had grown up so they no longer needed it.
    I just had the car at my local pedders for a $28 brakes, steering and suspension safety check for peace of mind and they said the car was pretty clean.

Only issues picked were front/rear shocks recommend replacement (But I don't think they are bad as the car drives nice)
    Leading arm and bushes torn so require replacement - cost $184
    Drag link - $330
    steering damper recommend replace due to age - $160
    sway bar and bushes worn, require replacement - $26
    front wheel bearing need adjusting - $?
    tyres old recommend replacing which I intend to get new wheels soon enough
    and a brake fluid flush is recommended...
    Welcome to the forum mate. I'm in Geelong and happy to help you out any time mate.

How long have you had the car? Did you buy it from a dealer or private?

Who write the list above Mate? Everything on that list is a Roadworthy Requirement. If your RWC is LESS than 30 days old whoever signed that RWC is liable By Law to replace all of those items AT THEIR COST. The RWC License is on the line. I would be all over that mate.

The whole point of a RWC is to protect you from that list. If that list was written by another licensed Road Worthy Tester then the Signatory of the RWC is liable. If it was written by someone not licensed you can ask the question or take it somewhere and pay $50 for a RWC check then give the bloke the list tyo make good.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Welcome to the forum mate. I'm in Geelong and happy to help you out any time mate.

How long have you had the car? Did you buy it from a dealer or private?

Who write the list above Mate? Everything on that list is a Roadworthy Requirement. If your RWC is LESS than 30 days old whoever signed that RWC is liable By Law to replace all of those items AT THEIR COST. The RWC License is on the line. I would be all over that mate.

The whole point of a RWC is to protect you from that list. If that list was written by another licensed Road Worthy Tester then the Signatory of the RWC is liable. If it was written by someone not licensed you can ask the question or take it somewhere and pay $50 for a RWC check then give the bloke the list tyo make good.
    Brought it privately for 12k with 1 year reg and rwc..
    There was two things picked on the rwc from what I've read
    - L/H brake light not working and
    - front wiper blade...

Then I went to vic roads and paid the fees.
    The above list I just mentioned was from a pedders safety check I had done for peace of mind and they said overall the car is alright apart from a few things

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    used this stuff yesterday when I filled up
    Figured why not give it a go

28168578_10214170748294453_4949988360446034795_n[1].jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aleyn87 View Post
    Brought it privately for 12k with 1 year reg and rwc..
    There was two things picked on the rwc from what I've read
    - L/H brake light not working and
    - front wiper blade...

Then I went to vic roads and paid the fees.
    The above list I just mentioned was from a pedders safety check I had done for peace of mind and they said overall the car is alright apart from a few things
    If the RWC is less than 30 days Old then i would be asking the RWC signatory to replace the following, this is not your problem. it certainly is His though. the whole point of buying with a RWC is that this stuff is in good order and you dont even need to check it. a Professional has put his name and License on the line stating that they are Road Worthy. VACC would take a very dim view.Give him a call and tell him about your list, he will magically invite you to bring it to him and he will make good, he has too much to loose.

Only issues picked were front/rear shocks recommend replacement Road Worthy Item

Leading arm and bushes torn so require replacement - cost $184 Road Worthy Item

Drag link - $330 What is wrong with it? ===> Road Worthy Item

steering damper recommend replace due to age - $160 Road Worthy Item only if it is knackered. age is not the deciding factor. unbolt one end and see if it restricts in both directions

sway bar and bushes worn, require replacement - $26 Road Worthy Item

front wheel bearing need adjusting - $? Road Worthy Item

tyres old recommend replacing which I intend to get new wheels soon enough Road Worthy Item if they were deems unroadworthy? not sure if Date is the factor though (Could be, I'm not a RW tester). Maybe Pedders wanted to sell you tyres.

and a brake fluid flush is recommended... Not technically a Road Worthy Item unless function is affected.

You have nothing to loose, the RWC Tester is not your friend but might be a mate of the seller. he should have done a better job. He knows his obligations. If he has done a dodgy RWC then put it on him. if your worried have a New RWC check done by someone local and present that back to the original tester and he will need it to PASS a RW with the New Tester. let the 2 testers figure it out. You purchased in Good Faith mate.
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 26th February 2018 at 09:16 AM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast