Page 66 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Chev

Thanks
    Thanked 11,321 Times in 4,990 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roger that, will do, Cheers for the advice as always mate!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,732 Times in 2,682 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Just 1 mate. If you worried say do 1 now and another in 1000km then maybe another 1000k after that then go out to 10k. You really dont want much at all in there.
    Mark, I don't have this fitting on mine, or at least I can't see it in the same location as yours. Is your truck a manual or auto? I will check with BD on tuesday anyway.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    I know I have worked on these. The injectors are easy enough to get to though. Should be a 17mm nut so just an open end spanner should be all you will need. Should always bleed them at the injector end.
    You haven't seen under my bonnet Mat! Anyway, I have locked the info away for a time in the future when it gets me again. Appreciate the specific heads up.
    Phil

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PBBIZ2 View Post
    Mark, I don't have this fitting on mine, or at least I can't see it in the same location as yours. Is your truck a manual or auto? I will check with BD on tuesday anyway.
    Thanks Phil mate, greatly appreciated! I am still running the stock as was in bought manual GU tough as f#ck box. Mat I believe is just reinterating to me his kindly advised power shift momentum spikes to an auto for us all, which is no doubt the best 6.5 advice :-) Personally do love the 2,000rpm - change - 500rpm - change 2,000rpm change wanky noise build up :-) Sorry Mat mate, autos just make me so nervous as I don't understand them and to be honest clutch work gives me something to do ;-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (15th April 2017)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Thanks Phil mate, greatly appreciated! I am still running the stock as was in bought manual GU tough as f#ck box. Mat I believe is just reinterating to me his kindly advised power shift momentum spikes to an auto for us all, which is no doubt the best 6.5 advice :-) Personally do love the 2,000rpm - change - 500rpm - change 2,000rpm change wanky noise build up :-) Sorry Mat mate, autos just make me so nervous as I don't understand them and to be honest clutch work gives me something to do ;-)
    Totally different engine to operate than the old 2.8TD which loved and needed to be revved to get it going. Agree, mine chuffs along at the 2000 - 2400rpm and love that 'rumbling sound' - think there is a song about that - Copperhead Road - luv it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (16th April 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Mark if you had an allison behind that you would never look back mate. Such a great box and they really make something like the pox 6.5 shine. The allison can be programmed as well which is great and you can have a tow mode. This tow mode can have it behaving very much like a manual. It will lock the convertor from 2nd gear and will also downshift on decel like a manual which is fantastic for downhill control while towing. You can also have a manual mode so you can flick up and down gears as you please. They are really a good thing especially with the very short torque band engines.

Im pretty sure ET converted his to an auto although he used a 4L transmission.
    Last edited by nissannewby; 16th April 2017 at 11:30 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

MB (16th April 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is great advice thanks again Mat mate and will definitely investigate the Allison auto a bit further down the track. Do like the sound of the tow mode and the manual mode option too! I'm a little bit fuddy duddy scared of electrical stuff, this truck is my first ever with electric windows :-)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not convinced about the 'POX 6.5' comment. Mine goes fine, and after drowning an auto and destroying it, you could NEVER get me behind another one, regardless of the attributes for towing..

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all good Phil mate :-) I have seen first hand what Mat can achieve from higher revving diesels for a quarter of the coin! Just a bit of healthy educational banter to and fro as we've done well after midnight on Roofy's donk party :-) Our current usage needs for the Vic-HC will find keeping everything as simple as possible through the mud the blood and the....:-) Mat is right, ET too, an auto will change if set correctly at the optimum RPM range in the Outback for sure!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

nissannewby (16th April 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PBBIZ2 View Post
    Not convinced about the 'POX 6.5' comment. Mine goes fine, and after drowning an auto and destroying it, you could NEVER get me behind another one, regardless of the attributes for towing..
    Dont stress mate it is only my opinion and if you go back through this thread you will find it has always been the same. What matters is I still offer the advice regarding these as I do have a little experience with these. I have rebuilt these engines, diagnosed fuel systems and repaired them, driven them in the factory fitments and also patrol fitments. I will always offer suggestions and can sometimes be a little passionate about it as I do just want people to get the most from their conversions regardless of what I think if the engine. But thats all they are, I am and cannot make you do anything, I am just trying to keep you and the people informed and possibly even provoke some more research on the subject. You can lead a horse to water.....

For whats its worth I have also driven a duramax powered patrol with around 500rwhp. If it wasnt for the allison behind it then it would have been a pig to drive.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (15th May 2017)

Page 66 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast