Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Borg Warner EFR6758

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We were able to run it at this point which was good. You will notice we dont have a drain on the turbo so we just ran this into a bucket fro approx 20 seconds. The oil drain and hose have turned up so its just a matter of fitting it. We also need to plumb up the actuation lines for the boost controller and dual port actuator. All going well we will drive it this week and see how it goes. Then its just getting the water plumbed up for the cooler.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice work Mat. The w2a setup you obviously had custom made locally yeah? Is this all on your ute too or someone elses?

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 20,716 Times in 8,560 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Im assuming you're not using that 90 bend fitting on the block of the oil drain? Just to seal it for your 20 second run yeah?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Nice work Mat. The w2a setup you obviously had custom made locally yeah? Is this all on your ute too or someone elses?

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk
    It is custom made. It started as a type 17 frozenboost core. I chopped one end off and had the manifold parts cut up. I folded the curved part at work.Then peter (oldmav) welded it together. The heat exchanger is a modified mr2 radiator, we are using a davis craig 120lpm electric water pump with 1" water lines.

This is all on a good mates 06 td42ti wagon.
    Last edited by nissannewby; 14th February 2017 at 08:28 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

mudski (14th February 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Im assuming you're not using that 90 bend fitting on the block of the oil drain? Just to seal it for your 20 second run yeah?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Going to use that. Will throw a clear line on it to see if it restricts at all. It is all bigger than the hole in the bottom of the turbo.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    It is custom made. It started as a type 17 frozenboost core. I chopped one end off and had the manifold parts cut up. I folded the curved part at work.Then peter (oldmav) welded it together. The heat exchanger is a modified mr2 radiator, we are using a davis craig 120lpm electric water pump with 1" water lines.

This is all on a good mates 06 td42ti wagon.
    Righto! Yeah ok a lot of thought has gone into that. Kudos to you.... Wish we had anyone down here with the knowledge to do that. Have you still got that ute I saw at your place when I was last up there? You were selling that i think???
    Another thing too. Does a setup like that or any W2A really, have the loud induction noise like the big CC top mount I have? We drove 8 hours in Jan towing a camper and I tell ya I was kinda over it by the time we got to our destination.
    Last edited by mudski; 14th February 2017 at 08:36 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 613 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Going to use that. Will throw a clear line on it to see if it restricts at all. It is all bigger than the hole in the bottom of the turbo.
    I've done 6000 kms with the same elbow on my turbo oil drain and no issues.
    John

2001 GUII TI 4500 - Now converted to TD42T auto with Nomad valve body

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 613 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mat, I have to ask, why is the turbo coolant return line plumbed into the same pressure side outlet as the heater hose?

Also, I see there's a heater type hose connected to where the pre Ti turbo coolant return connected. What is that used for now?
    John

2001 GUII TI 4500 - Now converted to TD42T auto with Nomad valve body

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Righto! Yeah ok a lot of thought has gone into that. Kudos to you.... Wish we had anyone down here with the knowledge to do that. Have you still got that ute I saw at your place when I was last up there? You were selling that i think???
    Another thing too. Does a setup like that or any W2A really, have the loud induction noise like the big CC top mount I have? We drove 8 hours in Jan towing a camper and I tell ya I was kinda over it by the time we got to our destination.
    I think it would be hard to from a business point of view. All the time I have put into is free I am not charging my mate. He is just buying all bits with quite a few them at trade price through me. I think a few people do have the knowledge but it is not their core business and the amount of people who want things done like this is very small. Especially when you weigh up the cost and time put into it.

Yeah I still have my ute. i actually drove it down to Andys last year. I really need to pull my finger out and get it advertised before the bub comes along.

With this setup there is no noise. With it on the previous setup using a garrett the only annoyance was the whistle those things make but that is very typical of a garrett.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

mudski (14th February 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jff45 View Post
    Mat, I have to ask, why is the turbo coolant return line plumbed into the same pressure side outlet as the heater hose?

Also, I see there's a heater type hose connected to where the pre Ti turbo coolant return connected. What is that used for now?
    Hi John. That is the only spare port available to us. I have been using that port on mine for a while now with no ill effects.

The hose you can see is from the header tank. The Ti engines ran a header tank system and that is the point where it feeds into the system. These are very easy to bleed compared to earlier ones. Just fill the radiator then fill the header tank. Go for a drive and top up as required.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

jff45 (14th February 2017)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast