Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    I dont get any residue. I dont run a catch can either.

It shouldnt be a problem for the boost controller though. Is there any residue on the turbo or intercooler?
    Cheers mate.
    There is none visible I had a good look. If I take a hose off and have a look inside, there is oil mist visible, but none externally visible that I can see. As in no leaky hoses or anything...
    2005 TD42TI

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So made better progress today than I expected in putting my aux. battery system back together. Mounted everything on a bit of timber and semi-wired it. Then trial fitted it and so far I'm happy.

Found some brackets and some fitting bolts (think they were ex-cargo barrier pieces) to suit, which I used to mount it to the cargo barrier. The bracket as backing. Worked a treat.

I can see my turbo again !!!

So still a bit to do. Run 8mm from front to rear and terminate it all. And then fit off several accessories. I need to work out a way to secure the battery box. I've not idea how yet.

My diesel / hydraulic mechanic will make me up a see through perspex / fibreglass cover to go over the charger / fuses and then that should be it.
    2005 TD42TI

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

AB (31st December 2016), Avo (27th December 2016), Bacho86 (27th December 2016), MB (27th December 2016), mudnut (27th December 2016), threedogs (27th December 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Cheers mate.
    There is none visible I had a good look. If I take a hose off and have a look inside, there is oil mist visible, but none externally visible that I can see. As in no leaky hoses or anything...
    How hard is it to pull the outlet pipe of the cooler off?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

Hodge (27th December 2016)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How hard is it to pull the outlet pipe of the cooler off?

Outlet hose out of the intercooler, once clamp was off, took a tiny bit of wiggle and jiggle... but slid off not issues.

The OTHER unrelated thing I spotted earlier, that I will be keeping an eye out on is coolant. I noticed it sitting between min and max on level ground.
    I am 95 % positive that it has been around max level all the time since the coolant system got re-freshed. This was at full operating temps. I added around 300-400ml of distilled water to max.

Last edited by Hodge; 27th December 2016 at 08:39 PM.
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was there much oil residue on the outlet side of the cooler?

That level is fine at operating temp. When cold it should be at the low mark then as the temp gets higher the coolant expands and it will get to the max mark.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was there much oil residue on the outlet side of the cooler?

That level is fine at operating temp. When cold it should be at the low mark then as the temp gets higher the coolant expands and it will get to the max mark.
    Simply mist. I think I had to swipe my finger around the inside rim of that flexi outlet hose to get some dampness on the finger. From memory the inlet IC pipe had more. So the pipe from the snail to the IC. I will re-check again tomorrow.
    Are you trying to establish something here Mat ?

As for the coolant. I understand it goes up and down with the temps, but the fact that I clearly remember it being on MAX even at running temps has me baffled. We did have some hot days recently but the car was barely pushed. Max temps were 84-85C.
    Will keep an eye out anyway.
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Simply mist. I think I had to swipe my finger around the inside rim of that flexi outlet hose to get some dampness on the finger. From memory the inlet IC pipe had more. So the pipe from the snail to the IC. I will re-check again tomorrow.
    Are you trying to establish something here Mat ?

As for the coolant. I understand it goes up and down with the temps, but the fact that I clearly remember it being on MAX even at running temps has me baffled. We did have some hot days recently but the car was barely pushed. Max temps were 84-85C.
    Will keep an eye out anyway.
    Kind of. While the residue isnt a problem for the boost controller I feel it may be breathing a little heavy. Do you still have the egr system hooked up on yours?

Yeah at max at running temps is spot on. If it gets any hotter it will go higher but will be drawn in as it cools to operating temp again. And vice versa.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kind of. While the residue isnt a problem for the boost controller I feel it may be breathing a little heavy. Do you still have the egr system hooked up on yours?
    EGR is cut / shut / welded off at the point right where it used to enter the old intercooler pipe. So the motor isn't breathing any more of that, no.
    2005 TD42TI

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So while doing some re-wiring etc... I discovered this spaghetti of vacuum lines. Each one comes out of one of the 3 (solenoids ?) you can see in the photo. All were just cut and tucked away to the side except the green traced one top left in the photo ... You can see a green trace on it.

I followed it along the top of the motor and it goes and connects "somewhere" down the front of the motor near the injector pump. Vacuum pump ???

I am assuming, all of this was cut and made redundant when JPC installed the intercooler. I guess one was for the butterfly valve, one something to do with the EGR ? The rest I have no idea... Everything on the car functions as it should I think, without these.....
    @nissannewby

2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes its all to do with the egr system. I have removed all that completely. I put a simple little blanking cap on the small outlet of the vac pump. Alls that is left from me egr system is the loom plugs for those solenoids.

Bit shit leaving it all like that really....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

Hodge (31st December 2016)

Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast