Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Warn highmount rebuild kit

Thanks
    Thanked 11,321 Times in 4,990 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MudRunnerTD , I might have to give Phil a call tomorrow cheers Daz. Checked his website and he only seems to have the Warn & Bow2+3 listed up there ATM :-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    So the top link converted to $AU and shipped to me is $132 including $10.35 shipping

Conversion rate on Amazon today is $1.40AU = $1US

6HP Warn Motor, Lower housing kit and Brake shaft rebuild kit is $491 +$103 shipping to Lara ($594)
    The Brake shaft rebuild kit is $185 on Ebay! Even with the crap conversion rate its still $50 cheaper to buy it from the US
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (29th June 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting good at posting at the exact time as you do Cheers Daz :-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (29th June 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    @MudRunnerTD , I might have to give Phil a call tomorrow cheers Daz. Checked his website and he only seems to have the Warn & Bow2+3 listed up there ATM :-)
    He runs an ISHKA on his own comp winch mate. i saw a quote from him on Facebook tonight stating he has done 2 Outback Challenges, 3 Cliffhangers, 2 Patrolapart comps, and a few others, Worn out 3 lengths of 12mm comp grade rope and still running the same ISHKA! Plenty of guys getting a single comp out of a Warn or Bow!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (29th June 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    He runs an ISHKA on his own comp winch mate. i saw a quote from him on Facebook tonight stating he has done 2 Outback Challenges, 3 Cliffhangers, 2 Patrolapart comps, and a few others, Worn out 3 lengths of 12mm comp grade rope and still running the same ISHKA! Plenty of guys getting a single comp out of a Warn or Bow!
    I'm sold then, really appreciate the advice mate, will make the call tomorrow :-)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's not too much trouble mate could I pester you for some new age fairlead, rope and hook advice? No rush at all, will be ripping off the old cable and upgrading like you blokes have all got:-)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Spell Check ISHKA ===>> Iskra

Quote Originally Posted by Phil 4WD Shed;
    Phill Carr I can help you with Iskra motor, Bows or Warns, I have run all 3 of them, i have a pile of scrap Warns & Bows that have only lasted 1 comp, Still have the same Iskra's that have done 2 outbacks 2 trolaparts, Repco & Cliffly. been through 3 ropes in that time

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

AB (29th June 2016), MB (29th June 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If it's not too much trouble mate could I pester you for some new age fairlead, rope and hook advice? No rush at all, will be ripping off the old cable and upgrading like you blokes have all got:-)
    No Dramas mate. I run a +76 Deltatek Air Freespool and Big mouth Fairlead. Kool bit of kit I like the big mouth as it is open enough to allow a rope to be tied in a knot and still fit through the opening. Very handy if you break your rope and have to tie it in a knot

I am running a 12mm rope but have room for it on the bigger free spool too. On your Ute a 10mm would be OK but an 11mm would be better. I have broken a 10mm a heap of times.

Depending on your budget (You can spend a Bucket load on a HiMount mate) you could consider a Gigglepin Brake Shaft upgrade ( I have this and its a very big upgrade from standard) But costs bux.

For what i want to do with the GQ the Winch is Everything. 24v Upgraded HiMount is a Beast mate.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (29th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,917 Times in 2,750 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep old cable is in scrap heap too so no tuning back now! Roadrunner have all those, 4wd shed probably would too. 10mm rope should be fine (unless it's not enough for your fancy motor - should be for what we do? ?) Fairlead depends on the bar weather you need an off set one or not. Hook you can get one like ABs and mine with a little latch you open or just a spring clip thing both work well.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

MB (29th June 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just found this mob in Aus for motors maybe ok?
    http://www.baxters.com.au/products/r....html?limit=60

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast