Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: I Remember when I was a Boy

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember when I was a boy..every guy fawks dad used to give us extra chores around the property so we had extra pocket money to buy fireworks with..then we all went in and got them together,came home and built the guy and bonfire..ready for the night

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,352 Times in 3,170 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Found the thread for ya, TD
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (15th September 2016), threedogs (15th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When i was a boy, Dad was the depot manager for Shell Co. in Moora, 200k north of Perth. The depot was next to the creek, across the road from the Mobil depot. Every couple of years the creek would flood and full and empty drums would float off around the town. When it settled down, my Dad and the Mobil manager would drive around collecting all the drums. When they had finished they would park next to each other in the main street and have a drum swap meet and count.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I remember you had to have a licence to own a TV, some were coin operated with a timer. lol

I remember when I was pain free and bulletproof, now just a pathetic excuse for a human being lol
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember the 70's when I shopped in a place called "The In Shop", and came out looking like one of the Village People, and I thought I looked cool.
    2014 Titanium Y61 with all the fruit ................

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bazzaboy For This Useful Post:

threedogs (15th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzaboy View Post
    I remember the 70's when I shopped in a place called "The In Shop", and came out looking like one of the Village People, and I thought I looked cool.
    I take it you were a "mod"
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOf View Post
    Your licence was on paper and if you used liquid paper to cover and redo the dates and your paper shop had the new colour copier you could make realistic fake ID's for your mates. Just had to scrunch them up a bit to get some authenticity into them.
    Bugger licences, you only needed a black and white photocopier to make $100 bills.

Sarge (police seargent) knew everyone in town anyway - so a forged licence was useless. Still remember doing the licence test with Sarge - had me drive down to the bakery for morning tea (just wait here son - be back in a minute) filled out the licence on the way back to the station. Only comment he had was 'ya know you don't have to double clutch these newer cars ? '
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    Best way to deal with a "Can't" is to chop off the "t" and brew it in boiled water for a few minutes.
    Sip on the "t", and consider what you've got left to work with

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Arfa Brayne For This Useful Post:

SonOf (19th September 2016)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    I take it you were a "mod"
    I was for a short time but couldn't pull it off. Tried being a "Rocker" and that didn't work for me either. Hated everyone by that time so I became a biker.
    2014 Titanium Y61 with all the fruit ................

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone remember "hypnotizing chooks" ? Hold them on their back and stroke the breast bone - cousin held the record at 11 chooks all out cold.
    or the old trick with a lump of fat and length of string in the duck yard? See how many ducks you could get in a row while cleaning the bunnies from the morning ferreting.

Same cousin invented "calf skiing" - wet morning grass & a pair of bald blunnies. Grab a poddy calf by the nutsak and hang on for grim death. Greatest risk of injury was to the spectators from rupturing a spleen laughing.

Messing around in the workshop with oxy-acetylene bombs and getting roasted for using up all dad's gas.
    Duels with home made blow guns shooting 3" nails with a paper cone tail, and extracting the nails from your legs.

Getting a flogging for hurting yourself.
    Getting a flogging because your brother hurt himself.
    Getting the cane in primary school for not crossing T's
    Having punch ups over the price of tadpoles
    Getting in fights because one of your mates was a "wog"

Fixing bike tyres with contact glue and electrical tape.
    Being able to shoot a blowfly with a postie rubber band from 3 yards
    Shooting at everything with a shanghai and pretending you actually hit something
    Tying a live blowfly to the hair of the principal's daughter who sat in front of you at primary school (and getting caned for it)
    Watching your mate dip the braided hair of the same girl (she was a stuck up little .....) in an inkwell and watching the ink wick up it.(he got suspended)

Jumping pushbikes off the wharf (with floats tied to them and a rope)
    Roofing iron canoes with a dozen packs of chewing gum patching all the nail holes
    Sherbet bombs, big charlie, footy cards, sunnyboys, pinball machines and sharing a bag of hotchips/vinegar with the end ripped out.
    Bikes without gears or brakes. No helmets, no shoes, loose cotter pins and buckled rims.
    Homemade bows and arrows
    BIllycarts with scavenged wheels and a million 2nd hand fence nails (had one with cast iron wheels on the front - wouldn't steer for peanuts but it took out a water meter pretty good - got flogged for that one too)
    Cow sh!t fights
    Field mushrooms.

All good fun - without vandalism, big money, or electronic screens.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    Best way to deal with a "Can't" is to chop off the "t" and brew it in boiled water for a few minutes.
    Sip on the "t", and consider what you've got left to work with

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arfa Brayne For This Useful Post:

jay see (24th September 2016), Plasnart (15th September 2016), TPC (15th September 2016)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,283 Times in 6,435 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah i remember going down to the dam at the end of our street to catch yabbies and hypnotizing them and lining them up in formation.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast