OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1623 of 1653 FirstFirst ... 6231123152315731613162116221623162416251633 ... LastLast
Results 16,221 to 16,230 of 16522

Thread: What has made you Happy today??

Thanks
    Thanked 7,022 Times in 3,405 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrazilianY60 View Post
    Believe it or not, this was taken in city traffic. One of those occasions when you realize that concrete walls, black asphalt , and amidst thousands of people is not where your mind wants to be.

Let's see who can translate the windshield sticker...

Does it say something like this Braz?

IMG_2908.jpg

Thanks mate!

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

BrazilianY60 (12th April 2023)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What has made you Happy today??

So I’ve had to take a few days off from work due to back issues. Not being able to do much I registered myself to give blood for the first time. So I done that today and have booked in for next month to do a plasma transfer.

It’s one of those things I kept on saying I’ll do but never did. Now I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (21st April 2023), BrazilianY60 (24th April 2023), Cremulator (21st April 2023), jay see (22nd April 2023), MB (7th May 2023), mihit (22nd April 2023), PeeBee (21st April 2023), rusty_nail (21st April 2023), Touses (21st April 2023)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,741 Times in 2,687 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    So I’ve had to take a few days off from work due to back issues. Not being able to do much I registered myself to give blood for the first time. So I done that today and have booked in for next month to do a plasma transfer.

Good for you Mark, I am a regular, have been for many years ( just hit 65 donations). I have found out though that I need to swap arms for the donation as I typically go the left arm because right handed and I can then ignore the instructions about doing any heavy work with the affected arm! Anyway, was working on the truck and grunting away on the end of a spanner with arm at full extension and right where the typical needle sites are, bloody hell did it hurt. So the hard earned advice I can give you is to swap the donor arm for each subsequent donation.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (21st April 2023), mudski (21st April 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fk yea nice one.
    I'm up to 10 donations now. I can't give plasma but an O- so it's in high demand.
    Wait untill you get the follow up msg of where it's helped.. its a great feeling

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

BrazilianY60 (24th April 2023), Cremulator (22nd April 2023), mudski (21st April 2023)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRAWesty View Post
    Fk yea nice one.
    I'm up to 10 donations now. I can't give plasma but an O- so it's in high demand.
    Wait untill you get the follow up msg of where it's helped.. its a great feeling

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
    I don’t even know my blood type. Never bothered to ask before. I guess they’ll tell me on my next visit. My reason for giving plasma is at the clinic they had a board up with what’s in the most need. For blood there was only one blood type listed. For plasma, every blood type.

It was a good feeling to be honest walking out of there today, I should have been doing this 30 years ago… better late than never I guess.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (23rd April 2023), BrazilianY60 (24th April 2023)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I’ve had to take a few days off from work due to back issues.
    A couple things I've found (sciatica, motorbike and snowboard crashes, general youthful exuberance) I've done everything from chiropractic to chinese/thai/sports/physio massage to accupuncture

Best value for money, these: https://fireactiv.com/ compression/heat belts.
    Inversion table and daily tai-chi/stretches.

I also switched from a sprung mattress to a foam one, and some people do better sleeping in a chair.

Mostly just have to find what aggravates it and cut that out. Driving, and carting sheet materials (plywood, plasterboard etc) are bad for me.
    Absolute pain in the ass, and quite debilitating so I hope you find something that helps!
    Last edited by mihit; 22nd April 2023 at 08:13 AM.
    - 1990 LWB Safari flatdeck, TD42 -
    - 1988 LWB 7-seat Safari, TD42 -
    1989 LWB 5-Seat, TD42

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mihit For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (23rd April 2023), MB (7th May 2023), mudski (23rd April 2023)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mihit View Post
    A couple things I've found (sciatica, motorbike and snowboard crashes, general youthful exuberance) I've done everything from chiropractic to chinese/thai/sports/physio massage to accupuncture

Best value for money, these: https://fireactiv.com/ compression/heat belts.
    Inversion table and daily tai-chi/stretches.

I also switched from a sprung mattress to a foam one, and some people do better sleeping in a chair.

Mostly just have to find what aggravates it and cut that out. Driving, and carting sheet materials (plywood, plasterboard etc) are bad for me.
    Absolute pain in the ass, and quite debilitating so I hope you find something that helps!
    Unfortunately my back issues will never go away, I cannot remember the last time I had zero pain in my back, the level of pain just varies from day to day, and sometimes it just gets too much and I’m forced to take heavy meds to calm things down. I was born with spinal bifida, only in two vertebrae thankfully, so this and a few crushed disc’s ain’t fun sometimes.

All good though, just annoying more than anything as while I sit here and type I know I have a heap of things that need to be done around the house and I can’t because of the issues.
    I have an inversion table, doesn’t help me much though.
    Exercise is the key, I know I need to get back into that as this helps the most more than the drugs.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (23rd April 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately my back issues will never go away, I cannot remember the last time I had zero pain in my back, the level of pain just varies from day to day, and sometimes it just gets too much and I’m forced to take heavy meds to calm things down. I was born with spinal bifida, only in two vertebrae thankfully, so this and a few crushed disc’s ain’t fun sometimes.

All good though, just annoying more than anything as while I sit here and type I know I have a heap of things that need to be done around the house and I can’t because of the issues.
    I have an inversion table, doesn’t help me much though.
    Exercise is the key, I know I need to get back into that as this helps the most more than the drugs.

Have you ever tried a float chamber?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 492 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mihit View Post
    I also switched from a sprung mattress to a foam one
    This made huge difference for me. One would think that the more comfortable sprung mattress would be better but it happens the other way around, as it is soft and your back muscles have to compensate for stabilizing your spine, so you wake up with your back muscles "tired from "working all night". A heavy density foam one don't allow much movement so once you get comfortable you back muscles can let go and rest.
    1997 Blue Nissan Patrol Y60 blacktop TD42 - Honey Badger (build thread)
    2006 White Nissan Patrol Y61 TB45 - G-Unicorn (build thread)
    1997 Red Suzuki Samurai Canvas Top SJ413 - Tatui
    2005 White Toyota Landcruiser FZJ105 - Stormtrooper

Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 492 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an acute scoliosis and I can vouch for the exercise comment. I am doing specific exercises to build up spine supporting muscles over the last 3 years and it makes a hell lot of difference. Being this a condition I have since my teenage years and having attempted every sort of treatment and/or reconditioning I can tell you the very best I have had to date is swimming. You build up chest and lumbar muscles with relative easy while not risking any impact to your spine, as underwater impacts are dampened. I only have changed swimming for gym guided exercises due to not having access to a gym with a pool where I am now.
    1997 Blue Nissan Patrol Y60 blacktop TD42 - Honey Badger (build thread)
    2006 White Nissan Patrol Y61 TB45 - G-Unicorn (build thread)
    1997 Red Suzuki Samurai Canvas Top SJ413 - Tatui
    2005 White Toyota Landcruiser FZJ105 - Stormtrooper

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrazilianY60 For This Useful Post:

MB (16th May 2023), mudski (24th April 2023)

Page 1623 of 1653 FirstFirst ... 6231123152315731613162116221623162416251633 ... LastLast