OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Theory behind blocking out Number Plates in Pics..

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a mod plate in 'Thelma' but most of the mods have been removed. And I plan to place a second battery over the mod plate.
    Question: Should I remove it, find out what it applies to, or just cover it up with the battery tray and plead ignorance?
    Are you ready for Christmas?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice info mate made my minde up very quickly to hold off on few bits of info not to mention the pic I was about to post had my plate clear as day on it Cheers!!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tips

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK , we have a couple of thread diggers goin deep on this one, im gussing doin the manual hunt thing, all legit so no probs.

Quote Originally Posted by Oversize View Post
    I have a mod plate in 'Thelma' but most of the mods have been removed. And I plan to place a second battery over the mod plate.
    Question: Should I remove it, find out what it applies to, or just cover it up with the battery tray and plead ignorance?

To answer this long lost question, it is my understanding, if you have been issued a QLD mod plate (blue plate) the modification in question is effectively now a standard feature of the car, so to remove that modification, you will actually need another modification plate to return it to pre modification form, the modification plate must be in a position that is easy to read so you can't just simply cover them up, and any approved/plated modifications are listed with DOT at the time the plate was issued, so pleading ignorance will not get you very far.

It like this, we all know you can't just modify the legal seating capacity of a vehicle yourself, this needs approval by means of a modification blue plate, but, once the legal seating capacity has been officially changed, its not a case of simply reverting back to the "original" seating capacity, because is actually changing the legal seating capacity again, and so this modification will then need a new modification plate.
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

Clunk (22nd December 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    OK , To answer this long lost question, it is my understanding, if you have been issued a QLD mod plate (blue plate) the modification in question is effectively now a standard feature of the car, so to remove that modification, you will actually need another modification plate to return it to pre modification form, the modification plate must be in a position that is easy to read so you can't just simply cover them up, and any approved/plated modifications are listed with DOT at the time the plate was issued, so pleading ignorance will not get you very far. It like this, we all know you can't just modify the legal seating capacity of a vehicle yourself, this needs approval by means of a modification blue plate, but, once the legal seating capacity has been officially changed, its not a case of simply reverting back to the "original" seating capacity, because is actually changing the legal seating capacity again, and so this modification will then need a new modification plate.
    Well that's a little off topic don't you think.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an Old sheriff said to me once about the same plates in pics issue with car thieves in Texas....

"Hell'n' tarnation, sure All Ya'All can shoot em for russlin' on ya rig, ol boys youdsta hang horse thieves...but All Ya' All just can't go baitin' and trappin' them....thatz Illlegals right there"

BXC15MR.gif
    2005 Y61 GU rebuilt 2020. 6.5 L turbo inter-cooled Diesel, SupENG Superflex 4 Inch Lift Kit 2,0 Remote res Fox shocks, offset trunions, 315/75/16 Maxxis Razr, 16 x 8 steel rims, SupENG drop box, Stedi Spots & bars, 12000 lbs winch,rear locking bars with duel tire carriers, 4” XtremeENG S/S snorkel, rock sliders, SME UHF, ARB Hard mount Air compressor, ARB fwd & rear air lockers,Rhino roof racks, Duel battery set up, 12 V dist swbd ,

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Truckus For This Useful Post:

MB (16th February 2021)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @MB ; can you decipher this please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MB (16th February 2021), MudRunnerTD (16th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,322 Times in 4,991 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theory behind blocking out Number Plates in Pics..

Easy Peasy Mate:

An old Policeman from Texas State USA (not town near Goondiwindi QLD) gave Truckus Mate some questionable advice on the issue of posting pictures of ones vehicle number plates online.
    The ageing Policeman still believed it was legal to shoot thieves caught in the act of stealing your vehicle and made mention of how his forefathers used to hang horse thieves.
    He also informed Truckus that using pictures on the internet to deliberately bait potential thieves to your property for target practice was illegal but I get the feeling if he was the investigating officer he would surely overlook the entrapment evidence

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Avo (16th February 2021), Cremulator (16th February 2021), MudRunnerTD (16th February 2021), Touses (17th February 2021)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 2,684 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have a recipe for Tofu salad that does not contain mushrooms or tofu?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (16th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,322 Times in 4,991 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see where you’re going here PeeBee Mate, nice encryption there!

Step by step instructions below:

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (16th February 2021), mudski (16th February 2021), PeeBee (16th February 2021), Rossco (16th February 2021), Touses (17th February 2021)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast