Thread: Y62 warning lights

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y62 warning lights

Recently purchased a Y62 series 5 Ti 4 months ago. After having it for 2 months we had an engine warning light come up on the dash. Called Nissan roadside assist who cleared the codes the we took it to a Nissan dealer who checked all the faults and said the battery was low and trickle fed the battery for the day. Everything was OK until a few days ago. Started car up, ran it for a minute, engine fan started coming on and off and then all the warning lights came on. Turned the car off then it would not restart at all. Left it for an hour and went back. Tried to restart but it just wound over. Tried again and it started but the only warning light now showing was the engine warning light. Plugged in the engine scanner to check codes (101), unplugged scanner and warning light disappeared. Took it to another nissan dealer who check the faults and everything passed. They tried to blame the accessories on the vehicle but we only have a redarc brake controller. Has anyone else had the same issues? Is it possible it could be something to do with the smart altinator not putting enough charge into the battery. It seems to happen when the vehicle has been sitting for a few days.
    Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @MudRunnerTD your all around the smart alternator crap on these aye?

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (20th December 2021)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Avo View Post
    @MudRunnerTD your all around the smart alternator crap on these aye?

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
    Not quite sure what you mean mate I'm only asking a question

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambo07 View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean mate I'm only asking a question
    He's tagging another bloke (@MudrunnerTD ) who's a bit of a whiz and knows stuff.

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to growler2058 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Who installed the brake controller mate? Did you buy the car new? Sounds Odd. Either your Alternator is faulty. Shunt is playing havoc or the brake controller has a fault maybe. Head back to the dealer for sure. Keep a note and record all fault codes.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought the vehicle new, the dealer fitted brake controller, the dealer reckons if it was the alternator it'll be throwing codes all the time, car goes back to the dealer in the new year.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lambo07 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambo07 View Post
    Bought the vehicle new, the dealer fitted brake controller, the dealer reckons if it was the alternator it'll be throwing codes all the time, car goes back to the dealer in the new year.
    Yeah OK. Well the good news is they cant blame an after market installer.

Assuming they used the Loom kit for the trailer plug its a plug and play. There is No Re-wiring for this fitments. It's a Plug and play loom which comes with a 20 page instruction manual on how to strip interior panels to find the relevant Loom plug. Child's play.

Keep pushing back mate, they will have to sort it. To be honest though it's not reasonable that you wait until the new year for a fault find on something that could leave you on the side of the road on Boxing Day! No Chance!! I'd be pushing hard direct to the Service Manager directly for action this week. Keep us in the loop.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just re read your 1st post.

If it sits a few days and the battery is low then there is a stray current draw somewhere and a dealer will always blame an after market accessory for this but you have nothing that THEY did not fit. Their problem

The Alternator runs a Negative Shunt to drop the output after initial starting. I have removed this shunt to allow a full 14.5v continuous charging as I have a Lithium Cranking battery under the bonnet that needs 14.5v. You could unplug the shunt but this might open a door for the dealer to knock you back given its a direct charging fault.

It really isn't your job to figure this out, it is theirs. And Before Christmas thanks!!! Or ask the Service manager to swap cars with you for the period over Christmas New year and he can get stranded on the side of the road with his family instead of yours. Seriously that's what they are asking you to accept. You spent upwards of $85K with them. Their problem.
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 21st December 2021 at 01:49 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (20th December 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “The Squeaky Wheel Gets The Mostest Grease”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Car has gone back to dealer who we bought from, working on the problem as I speak, the dealer is going to start a case with Nissan Australia, at the moment they can't find any new code they're not sure what's wrong, they have tested battery and alternator seems fine.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lambo07 For This Useful Post:

MB (22nd December 2021)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast