Thread: Tools you have bought/want to buy feedback thread

Thanks
    Thanked 13,451 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Knipex 97 00 215 A Crimp Grip Plier (9700215A)

$140 AUD,

Have only just got home Daz, opened and closed them a few times, they are very 'positive' in action, just like a pair of vice grips. The throat is adjustable for height of final clamp. The wire stripper function is also adjustable, so you can set the stripper jaws exactly to the right diameter without needing the feel of a thousand butterfly eyelashes.

Back to the cable ties....................................they dont have that big lug that yours has, hence they appear to be less usable for that function, but they do release ok.
    Purchase made.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (20th February 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Purchase made.
    Hopefully they crimp better than these;
    Screenshot_20210221-103732~2.png

They're built well, I just don't find the crimp is as nice and tight as what my cheap pair do. I've had a few terminals pull off the wire after using them. I think perhaps wire and terminal size is much more critical as they have a set crimp depth.

My cheap pair crimp like below and are always solid as.

Screenshot_20210221-103851~2.png
    2003 GU TD42 with a few extra ponies

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 0-TJ-0 For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (21st February 2021)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 2,645 Posts
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had two sets of the first type and two of the second, both in the recycle bin. Sick of crimp connections failing. Combination of cheap/poor quality connectors and crappy crimpers.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (21st February 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah i have a reasonable set of thr first ones but have always crimped a size down ans double crimp. So yellow in Blue jaws and Blue in Red. Then double length the crimp then heatshrink.

Keen to get these and hope they are a big step UP
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Mickhead (25th February 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That second set have jaws like the ones 8 have for Anderson plugs. I always double crimp those too. Even flip ans try and crimp from both sides

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (21st February 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A football.......

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (24th February 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So i have posted a kit like this before but this one popped up in my ebay the other day and it looked like a really good collection 9f clips I did not have actually. Also to include 5he Plastic Trim removal tools was a winner, I have all of the tools but lost a couple so ordered it.

It specifically has the trim clips that hold the GQ door cards on for the win!!

These are just a BONUS though!!!! Look at these little jiggers!!!

That will go well in the shed.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (25th February 2021), PeeBee (25th February 2021), Rossco (26th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,215 Times in 4,942 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the look of them Bonuses Daz
    Perfect for cleaning up wires on the firewall or inner chassis wire runs to the back mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (25th February 2021), PeeBee (25th February 2021)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 2,645 Posts
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gave the new crimper a test run today. Its an absolute winner for crimp strength, however its on the semi difficult side getting the terminal into the jaws. There is a compound slicer plate that forms part of another function and its a bit tight when working in tight locations to get it all together. I was on my back crimping wires above the rear diiff, so its probably an extreme orientation. Anyway, I learnt to compensate one way and then the other. The outcome is the best I have had so far. The jaws will clamp down to a very firm finish, and the actual crimp height is regulated by the release lever to some degree. Happy with the purchase, @MudRunnerTD you should be happy i am guessing also.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (25th February 2021), MudRunnerTD (25th February 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Gave the new crimper a test run today. Its an absolute winner for crimp strength, however its on the semi difficult side getting the terminal into the jaws. There is a compound slicer plate that forms part of another function and its a bit tight when working in tight locations to get it all together. I was on my back crimping wires above the rear diiff, so its probably an extreme orientation. Anyway, I learnt to compensate one way and then the other. The outcome is the best I have had so far. The jaws will clamp down to a very firm finish, and the actual crimp height is regulated by the release lever to some degree. Happy with the purchase, @MudRunnerTD you should be happy i am guessing also.
    Hahahaha. I remember laying on my back !!!! Hahahaha

H
    O
    I
    S
    T

Love it!!

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

10G (26th February 2021), Cremulator (25th February 2021), MB (25th February 2021), PeeBee (25th February 2021), Rossco (26th February 2021), rusty_nail (25th February 2021)

Page 77 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast