User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cabin Air Filter installation on a GUIV onwards

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it only for gu4 & onwards or do all gu patrols have a slot for the filters.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Soni have finally sorted this out today. I had a go a couple of years ago and cut the slot but bought the wrong filter.

I pulled the glove box out to change rear cameras and while its out i got this sorted.

So using this thread i went into Repco and got a price for the right Ryco Cabin filter. $96! WTF!! So while still in Repco i called Nissan and got a price for OEM. $60.... spoke to old mate at Repco and he was gobsmacked. I told him to have another go.... how does $40 sound? Be in tomorrow! Sold.

So a couple of important things i learned.

The filter is actually a 2 piece split filter.

The filters sit on top of each other.

Here is the slot you have to cut out with a sharp knife.

2 Filters

Now one side of the filters has a little raised face, kind of castlated. You need to fit the top filter first and it goes in then up into position. Then the bottom slides in. Castles to the top ans bottom ans they lock in.

Check how the labels look.

Then 3 layers of gaffa tape holds them in.

Easy as. 5 minutes or less to fit. The entire glove box is held in by 7 Phillips head screws and it drops out in a couple of minutes.
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 8th December 2018 at 06:42 PM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

BrazilianY60 (24th November 2022), Chubba (21st June 2020), Hodge (8th December 2018), MB (8th December 2018), mudski (9th December 2018)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No metal clip to secure the two filters in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can also get a single pannel filter . i think i got mine from nissan from memory ( about 5 years ago now , probably time for a change ). no clips or anything to hold it in place , i just srewed a ss screw into the plastic to hold it in place .

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LuRkIn View Post
    Is it only for gu4 & onwards or do all gu patrols have a slot for the filters.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    It is for all GUs, one just have to cut a slot in the aircon/heater assembly housing where filters go. Easy done as it has a rise in it so can be traced with sharp knife aka box cutters.

Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post

The clips are available separately from Ni$$an $tealers.....

Quote Originally Posted by nipagu7 View Post
    you can also get a single pannel filter . i think i got mine from nissan from memory ( about 5 years ago now , probably time for a change ). no clips or anything to hold it in place , i just srewed a ss screw into the plastic to hold it in place .
    Genuine Nissan part is also 2 piece p/n B727C-79925.

I got mine 5 years ago but at that time they listed 2 part numbers and the parts monkey couldn't figure out the difference between them in the end it was 1x kit with 2 sets and 1x kit with 1 set. The securing clip is extra.

The funny thing was when I asked the monkey for the filters he said they're not available for Nissan Patrol and insisted on it all the while there was a sign listing the models for these climate filters and Y61 was proudly mentioned among others like Pulsar, Maxima etc....so I just turned the sign towards him and asked what is Y61?

Anyway, here the install instruction from aftermarket Mann filters, cause in clean Europe they need cabin filters but in dusty Australia we don't, LOL.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Rumcajs; 9th December 2018 at 01:19 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rumcajs For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (9th December 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post

Gaffa tape works a treat. They're not going anywhere
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nipagu7 View Post
    I Called Nissan and once they gave me the price i asked it it was a single or a twin filter. Twin filter it was. Happy days.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumcajs View Post
    It is for all GUs, one just have to cut a slot in the aircon/heater assembly housing where filters go. Easy done as it has a rise in it so can be traced with sharp knife aka box cutters.

The clips are available separately from Ni$$an $tealers.....

Genuine Nissan part is also 2 piece p/n B727C-79925.

I got mine 5 years ago but at that time they listed 2 part numbers and the parts monkey couldn't figure out the difference between them in the end it was 1x kit with 2 sets and 1x kit with 1 set. The securing clip is extra.

The funny thing was when I asked the monkey for the filters he said they're not available for Nissan Patrol and insisted on it all the while there was a sign listing the models for these climate filters and Y61 was proudly mentioned among others like Pulsar, Maxima etc....so I just turned the sign towards him and asked what is Y61?

Anyway, here the install instruction from aftermarket Mann filters, cause in clean Europe they need cabin filters but in dusty Australia we don't, LOL.
    Nice link.

Yes the first one o bought was for a Pulsar maxima and clearly is not the right one. It is about 35mm wide and will never go in.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,236 Times in 474 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi.
    Is there a way to drop the bottom part of the evaporator box? I have undone the two visible phillips screws in the front and took off the pressure clip. The box can be forced down a bit to take a look inside (its dirty) but I could not understand from looking at it what had to be undone to fully drop it. I want to take the chance my dash is out to fully clean the evaporator.

20221120_164825.jpg

I have also found the idea of adding a cabin filter wonderful, but that MANN code is for a Y61 specific filter, not available here. I would first have to find anything with close enough dimensions before committing on cutting the box.
    1997 Blue Nissan Patrol Y60 blacktop TD42 - Honey Badger (build thread)
    2006 White Nissan Patrol Y61 TB45 - G-Unicorn (build thread)
    1997 Red Suzuki Samurai Canvas Top SJ413 - Tatui
    2005 White Toyota Landcruiser FZJ105 - Stormtrooper

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrazilianY60 View Post

I have also found the idea of adding a cabin filter wonderful, but that MANN code is for a Y61 specific filter, not available here. I would first have to find anything with close enough dimensions before committing on cutting the box.
    This link has the OEM part number.
    https://patrolapart.com.au/product/g...ilter-retrofit

Not possible to get OEM locally?

Or try here.

https://partsouq.com/
    https://www.amayama.com/en

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Stropp (26th November 2022)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast