OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1224 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 22472411241174121412221223122412251226123412741324 ... LastLast
Results 12,231 to 12,240 of 14475

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I walk in for small camping bits n pieces .
    It must be my area ... Last year I saw a fight for the outdoor furniture setting..
    This morning push n shove round for the 12V fridge . Madness.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    And they aren’t that cheap really. crazy

Proud BTrol Owner
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parents whom teach their offspring mythical upcoming holiday season fables!
    Children need to learn the truth about life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Clunk (6th April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Parents whom teach their offspring mythical upcoming holiday season fables!
    Children need to learn the truth about life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Told my kids

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

4bye4 (6th April 2019), MB (6th April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just getting my third alternator fitted Grrrr.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gas Heater played up week and a half ago.
    The plumber we normally call out for the heater, whos been here a few times before isn't available until 2 weeks. Family cant go cold for 2 weeks. Or so I thought...
    So I call up the Plumbing mob we used for our hot water unit and our evap on the roof, tell them the situation. No worries, They come out 2 days later... "Oh shit, we can't do that." Heater is under roof, double storey house. For some reason it's not within their code to fix heaters in this scenario... Even though i clearly told them what and where ! But, Ok . I'm not a plumber so i dont know their rules and regs. I won't blame them one bit for not putting them selves in a non safe scenario. That's all fair enough.
    But , The same mob were there months ago fixing our evap unit, which is 2m away from the gas heater. All you gotta do is move a few roof tiles and you're there. That's how the original heater gas plumber access it every time. Due to Design of our roof. You can't go through the man hole and get to the heater. Too tight to ever crawl to it.

So i get in touch with a few more I quickly googled locally. And it's been promises of arrival for a week now. It's like pulling teeth and asking them to come doing it free of charge!
    I swear, I even told one bloke, I dont care what you charge me. Just come fix it and charge me double if you want! Ok, ill be there 10am tomorrow... This was last friday. No show.

At this rate, I should have just booked the original bloke, and the 2 weeks wait would have been quicker and easier.
    2005 TD42TI

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Similiar tale of woo. Gas ducted heater located in roofspace dies, so find the company who are recommended for the job, their sales guy comes out, yep models x,y, z all do the job, just select the 'start rating' which basically put a zero on the end of the price with each level jump! Access into the roof via upstairs bathroom wall door, onto well lit fixed roof duckboard walkway. 'How are you going to get the unit into the roof as door too small?' Lift off a couple of tile is the answer, ok, so the unit will slip between the roof trusses? Yeah all good, checked it its tight, but we can do it. "so how do you get the unit up there - is this going to need a crane or similar - 'Nah, all good, we do this all the time.

OK, so they set up a time, trades arrived on time, have a look and then the truck arrives with this big arse industrial sized unit, which is whats in the roof. Lots of sideways glances and posturing etc. Unit gets removed from truck using Hiab and dropped on nature strip. This thing is BIG. I go outside as I wasnt going to leave whilst they were in the house, and two guys on phone, raised voices. Foreman comes over and says the sales guy has screwed up and they will need to remove tiles, cut roof truses - 2 trusses, get a crane, drop it into the roofspace, then 'I' have to get an engineer to resolve the strength issues with the roof loading as the integrity has been destroyed, all 4 weeks after I have spent 30K getting major works completed on the roof.

I say you can sort that out as its within your scope - mexican stand off, which by now there is a huge hole in the roof where the tiles have been removed. Anyway, its 3pm by now, 6 hrs later, still nothing. Decision finally made to cut roof trusses, I design up a suitable brace during the impass, have to go to Bunnings and buy the wood myself, then they want me to install the brace and cut the truss - unbelievable. Finally they cut the truss, but have not ordered a crane, so 5pm by now, time to go home - gaping hole in roof, new heater on the nature strip, middle of winter in Melb, but dry.

Finally they 'find/discover a way' to get the unit onto the roof and into the space. dark at 6.15pm, so they are now working with head torches. Pack up at 7pm, leave job after installing tarp and return next day to complete job. I had to install the splice plates and make them for the trusses.

Bloody plumbing sales guys and their sacrificial contractors - comedy of errors, lost 2 days wages and then had to do 10% of the job myself - oh, and they tried to hit me up for extra labour/time due to the tricky installation - pound sand you clowns, go away, or words to that effect - family friendly site this is. I feel your pain.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @PeeBee
    Geez mate your scenario is a nightmare compared to my dilemma .

The more frustrating thing is the fact I know what part is stuffed and i can walk 500m from my house to a HVAC parts place and get it in 5 minutes. It's such a simple job. Would literally take them 5 minutes to do.
    Would take longer to get the ladder off the van..

I can replace it my self as it's an electrical component . but I'm not a gas plumber and don't want to mess with it.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey remember a while back, we were talking about work bullies etc and I made comments about my situation!
    Well no more situation, 6 of us were made redundant on Monday.
    4 from Rowville, 1 from Sydney and me in Brisbane.
    Wasn’t really shocked and he even said I took it well. I said what choice do I have really? He says now you can have a really good holiday. F wit !

Proud BTrol Owner

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yeti's Beast For This Useful Post:

Bidja (10th April 2019), Hodge (10th April 2019), mudnut (10th April 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti's Beast View Post
    Hey remember a while back, we were talking about work bullies etc and I made comments about my situation!
    Well no more situation, 6 of us were made redundant on Monday.
    4 from Rowville, 1 from Sydney and me in Brisbane.
    Wasn’t really shocked and he even said I took it well. I said what choice do I have really? He says now you can have a really good holiday. F wit !

Proud BTrol Owner
    What a total tosser of a supervisor - you're sacked, have a great day, dickhead.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Yeti's Beast (10th April 2019)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Similiar tale of woo. Gas ducted heater located in roofspace dies, so find the company who are recommended for the job, their sales guy comes out, yep models x,y, z all do the job, just select the 'start rating' which basically put a zero on the end of the price with each level jump! Access into the roof via upstairs bathroom wall door, onto well lit fixed roof duckboard walkway. 'How are you going to get the unit into the roof as door too small?' Lift off a couple of tile is the answer, ok, so the unit will slip between the roof trusses? Yeah all good, checked it its tight, but we can do it. "so how do you get the unit up there - is this going to need a crane or similar - 'Nah, all good, we do this all the time.

OK, so they set up a time, trades arrived on time, have a look and then the truck arrives with this big arse industrial sized unit, which is whats in the roof. Lots of sideways glances and posturing etc. Unit gets removed from truck using Hiab and dropped on nature strip. This thing is BIG. I go outside as I wasnt going to leave whilst they were in the house, and two guys on phone, raised voices. Foreman comes over and says the sales guy has screwed up and they will need to remove tiles, cut roof truses - 2 trusses, get a crane, drop it into the roofspace, then 'I' have to get an engineer to resolve the strength issues with the roof loading as the integrity has been destroyed, all 4 weeks after I have spent 30K getting major works completed on the roof.

I say you can sort that out as its within your scope - mexican stand off, which by now there is a huge hole in the roof where the tiles have been removed. Anyway, its 3pm by now, 6 hrs later, still nothing. Decision finally made to cut roof trusses, I design up a suitable brace during the impass, have to go to Bunnings and buy the wood myself, then they want me to install the brace and cut the truss - unbelievable. Finally they cut the truss, but have not ordered a crane, so 5pm by now, time to go home - gaping hole in roof, new heater on the nature strip, middle of winter in Melb, but dry.

Finally they 'find/discover a way' to get the unit onto the roof and into the space. dark at 6.15pm, so they are now working with head torches. Pack up at 7pm, leave job after installing tarp and return next day to complete job. I had to install the splice plates and make them for the trusses.

Bloody plumbing sales guys and their sacrificial contractors - comedy of errors, lost 2 days wages and then had to do 10% of the job myself - oh, and they tried to hit me up for extra labour/time due to the tricky installation - pound sand you clowns, go away, or words to that effect - family friendly site this is. I feel your pain.
    No, none of that sounds good. I would have strongly requested to have the sales guy come down to site to view the problem and ask him to come up with a solution at his expense or take it all back. Had you paid for anything at that point? If not, you're still in a position of power. If yes, then .....

Page 1224 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 22472411241174121412221223122412251226123412741324 ... LastLast