OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 768 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 268668718758766767768769770778818868 ... LastLast
Results 7,671 to 7,680 of 10481

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a clever idea, consolidating the oil into a single container. saves space as well, I LIKE it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (25th May 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 4,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Thats a clever idea, consolidating the oil into a single container. saves space as well, I LIKE it.
    Reckon it's a ripper idea too Cuppa mate! Definitely got me thinking about your delima PeeBee up on the Butcher Country track punching a hole through your sump, damn lucky you're a smart cooky carrying steel putty to jam in there quick enough! Personally only ever carried a 4L top up oil, might have to copy your idea too @Cuppa thanks mate :-)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemc181 View Post
    Its only been a short drive home, but I could feel the extra grunt as soon as I left the driveway at UFI. I got home and took the missus for a spin, she couldn't believe the difference either. I also noted the scan gauge was giving me the lowest fuel readings I have seen, but I'll check this out over a few fill ups.

I am a happy with the increases that UFI have achieved. She's gained a 30% increase in Torque and a 24% increase in kw. This seems to now be a motor I can live with, but I'll give it a bit of a run over the next week or two and see how it all goes. Grin from ear to ear driving home though!
    Always nice to have a good outcome when you outlay a few $$$. Sounds like it was well worth it.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,002 Times in 3,397 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Deleted wrong thread!.

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair call Plassy on the weight issue mate :-) Reckon Phil though had enough smarts to feel the 'Clunk' above all other normal cabin noise and super quickly grab the putty outa the drivers door I'd imagine to diagnose and jam within a few litres lost only. I still would've been scratching my head whilst rolling a smoke to consider next casual steps :-)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    As you might imagine, setting up our Patrol for extended solo travel means we have to carry a fair bit of 'stuff'. Mostly everything has it's place - or at least that's the aim.

One thing I didn't have a place for was the 10.5 litres of oil to replace that in the motor in dire circumstances, so yesterday I put my mind to finding a spot to carry it. Finding a suitably sized & shaped container was the key. Finished the little project this morning.

This is what I came up with, utilising, as per the usual Cuppa manner, stuff I had sitting around in the shed. Some offcuts of 3mm 'signbond' (left over from the shower I made with it), some plastic edging from the same project, & some rubber edging strip which was a mistaken purchase for some kitchen renovations at our last house.

Ok I exagerate, I did need to go out & buy the hinges, only because I wanted ones which wouldn't rust, so I got a pair of stainless ones, & whilst at the hardware store I also bought the hasp which was bigger than one I had in the shed, but I wanted it's extra thickness. Subsequently it was cut down & modified to suit.

It was also built in the usual Cuppa style. Ie. 'make it up as you go along'. Getting it to close so that it holds the container tightly in place was achieved via a fair of trial & error. I think it'll do the job though, & wont draw the attention of legal jobsworth's who assume I am carrying fuel on the back of the vehicle, or those who think the container may have contents worth sniffing or stealing. It also allows me to still use the rear step between the tyres to climb up to check the solar panels on the roof.

Gday Cuppa, sorry regardless of my previous post I actually am in the right thread! Just wanted to put forward my opinion on this issue.

As @MB said steel putty is really good stuff, but specifically i wanted to raise the issue of superfluous weight when touring. The post I deleted above read as such:

Steel putty is great sh!t. Dont leave home without it. Never used it in anger but gave it a test run on a hole in some steel at home. What can i say, it's hard as a rock, would have trouble chiselling it off. Essential item for touring and doesnt weigh 13-odd kilos. Personally I'd not carry a full spare oil change when touring, especially behind the rear axle with corrugations, cantilevered forces and all. A good sump guard, a container to catch oil leaks and steel putty in the kit but that's just my opinion.

A completely smashed sump (and subsequent uncontrolled spill) when touring is very unlikely imho.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

MB (25th May 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Plassy, it took me 10 mins to roll a smoke and type above:-) What was wrong with your original post mate, quite valid I personally thought with GVM touring weight! High Country trucking has far greater possibilities of rock type knocking a sump :-(

Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Sorry Plassy, it took me 10 mins to roll a smoke and type above:-) What was wrong with your original post mate, quite valid I personally thought with GVM touring weight! High Country trucking has far greater possibilities of rock type knocking a sump :-(
    I edited it with the big delete straight after posting because I thought I'd posted in the wrong thread. Surprised you saw it unless you refreshed as soon as I posted it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

MB (25th May 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've got a 'Smart TV' yeah?
    I'm watching realtime and listening yeah?
    :-)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Plasnart (25th May 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    You've got a 'Smart TV' yeah?
    I'm watching realtime and listening yeah?
    :-)
    Yes George.

Page 768 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 268668718758766767768769770778818868 ... LastLast