Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched it on Sunday
    yes they are knob jockeys / pole smokers

BUT

I found it interesting that they were explaining the significance of the places they went to
    all well and good to say - "we are going to the dig tree"
    but if you dont know your history - its just a tree with a name

and about the Dog Fence

and why its called Camerons Corner.............. not many people knew he was a surveyor.
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Similar to others here, I enjoy watching the show for the entertainment value and overlook the parts where they are 'showing off' for sponsors i.e. big red.

The history and adventure side of things they tackle is not something really shown elsewhere IMO.

I purchased the first season of unleashed and though the first couple episodes were a bit rough and didn't like the voice overs, but after that they got better. Didn't end up purchasing the second seaon for no particular reason - might but the box set once they're all released.

As far as youtube goes, I really enjoy Ronny Dahl's 4Wheeling in WA trip series and also the US based Expedition Overland for something a bit different.
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just watched the video again, & this time took a bit more notice. Regardless of what they & the ranger say, that's not 'Big Red' that they drive up, it's 'Little Red', the first dune you come to from Birdsville. It's the one I drove up but needed several attempts at. Big red is is a couple of kms west from there.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacho86 View Post
    Similar to others here, I enjoy watching the show for the entertainment value and overlook the parts where they are 'showing off' for sponsors i.e. big red.

The history and adventure side of things they tackle is not something really shown elsewhere IMO.

I purchased the first season of unleashed and though the first couple episodes were a bit rough and didn't like the voice overs, but after that they got better. Didn't end up purchasing the second seaon for no particular reason - might but the box set once they're all released.

As far as youtube goes, I really enjoy Ronny Dahl's 4Wheeling in WA trip series and also the US based Expedition Overland for something a bit different.
    Yes Ronny Dahls 4wheeling is popular

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sir Roofy For This Useful Post:

Bacho86 (8th November 2017)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123