Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000patrol zd30 loss of power after 6 sec

Hi everyone,
    My names gav,got a problem with zd30.direct injected. After 6sec of excelleration I loose all boost. I then take foot off and back on then boost returns. I have replaced every thing under bonnet. No engine light appears therefore no codes.please help .cheers.
    &

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I reckon it's going into limp mode.

Define "Ive replaced everything"... does that include Boost Sensor, cleaned Maf Sensor etc?
    Last edited by the evil twin; 9th March 2018 at 01:32 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

JackCollo (9th March 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000patrol zd30 loss of power after 6 sec

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko71 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    My names gav,got a problem with zd30.direct injected. After 6sec of excelleration I loose all boost. I then take foot off and back on then boost returns. I have replaced every thing under bonnet. No engine light appears therefore no codes.please help .cheers.
    &
    Hey gav hope your well I can tell you exactly what this is mate. This will be your car going into limp mode like the evil twin said. Do you have a boost controller on the car. There is a boost sensor on the inter cooler this reads the boost within the intercooler and has a cutout boost of 16psi which sends the car into limp mode. Well more of a limiter the revs sit about 2000 rpm and no matter how much gas you give it no increase.

Unless you have your boost set to a really high setting that’s the only thing I know to set the sensor off.
    My patrol did it when I got a Dawes kit for it but after fiddling around with the boost setting it was perfect never went off again

Cheers
    Jack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JackCollo; 9th March 2018 at 01:25 PM.
    Currently own a ZD30 2000 GU patrol with a dead injector pump about to start a build on a TD42 motor to go in the car and basically rebuild the whole car into a machine of a rig

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you still run the OE Intercooler and its oily its leaking, dont bother repairing it buy a fully
    tig welded on from say Diesel Smart, they are 33% bigger as well then you need to know whats
    happening under the bonnet like boost and egts usually in a pillar pod or dash pod. Have a read up on NADS
    a must for any ZD30
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    If you still run the OE Intercooler and its oily its leaking, dont bother repairing it buy a fully
    tig welded on from say Diesel Smart, they are 33% bigger as well then you need to know whats
    happening under the bonnet like boost and egts usually in a pillar pod or dash pod. Have a read up on NADS
    a must for any ZD30
    No better words spoken from anyone TD mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently own a ZD30 2000 GU patrol with a dead injector pump about to start a build on a TD42 motor to go in the car and basically rebuild the whole car into a machine of a rig

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JackCollo For This Useful Post:

threedogs (10th March 2018)