Thread: Build time

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JackCollo View Post
    Alright so the time has finally come to start to expensive process of pulling apart the old td42 that has been sitting in the garage for ages and rebuilding it and putting a turbo a 12mm pump and a nice big inter cooler in place of the zd30 which IMO has done bloody marvellously considering it’s the factory motor which did 280,000 with no nads at all factory everything original. It got to 318,975kms in 18 years not bad for a grenade.
    But back to business for internals I was thinking the engines Australia rods and ceramic toped pistons, turbo was thinking a garret gtx3076r, intercooler I was looking at cross country but haven’t decided yet.

A few things I am uncertain of are
    High flow injectors
    High flow water pump
    High flow oil pump

That’s all for now for all those interested in following the build along with my mark this thread bc this will be my build thread whenever I get the chance to upload updates I will and lots of pictures.

Cheers guys for all your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    U need to go back to the other thread that you started a while back and re read.

Genuine Pistons ONLY (Mahle/Izumi). If they dont have UD stamped on the inside of the skirt they aren't good enough.

3076 is shit on a td. Better than a 2876 but still lazy,

Factory turbo oil pump

Standard injectors at standard crack pressure
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alrighty thanks ben-e-boy

With the genuine pistons would the factory turbo pistons fit the non turbo block I know it’s a dumb question but I’m happy to upgrade the rods to suit the size.

Alright I’ll probably go with the borgwarner

Ok cool I’ll make a note

Currently own a ZD30 2000 GU patrol with a dead injector pump about to start a build on a TD42 motor to go in the car and basically rebuild the whole car into a machine of a rig

Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alrighty thanks ben-e-boy

With the genuine pistons would the factory turbo pistons fit the non turbo block I know it’s a dumb question but I’m happy to upgrade the rods to suit the size.

Alright I’ll probably go with the borgwarner

Ok cool I’ll make a note

They will only fit the rods from a post August 95 Blacktop ( although there is the odd miss match motor)as they share the 30mm pins with the turbo motor. Pre August 95 will be 28mm pins.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    They will only fit the rods from a post August 95 Blacktop ( although there is the odd miss match motor)as they share the 30mm pins with the turbo motor. Pre August 95 will be 28mm pins.
    So would I be able to pull the internals from a turbo motor and put them in the non turbo block I have? God I sound stupid hahaha trying to wrap my head around this

Currently own a ZD30 2000 GU patrol with a dead injector pump about to start a build on a TD42 motor to go in the car and basically rebuild the whole car into a machine of a rig

Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So would I be able to pull the internals from a turbo motor and put them in the non turbo block I have? God I sound stupid hahaha trying to wrap my head around this

Only pistons and rods
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    U need to go back to the other thread that you started a while back and re read.

Genuine Pistons ONLY (Mahle/Izumi). If they dont have UD stamped on the inside of the skirt they aren't good enough.

3076 is shit on a td. Better than a 2876 but still lazy,

Factory turbo oil pump

Standard injectors at standard crack pressure
    I'd love to whack a BW on mine to compare with the 3071 I have. I was asked a while ago what mine goes like. I could only compare it to being like a two stroke motorbike. Not a great deal down low than, bam it hits! Fun in the wet though. Lol. But thats what I have, I can't afford to buy a BW just to see, so it stays. As for intercoolers, front mount seems to be the go. My only concern is the extra cooler in front of the radiator, these motors can run hot as its well documented, so I am just wary of restricting air flow.
    But if you listen to Ben and Mat, these two know their shit, you'll build a beast.
    If you want to go top mount. I'll sell you my Cross Country Ultimate top mount. Lol .All you'll need is a scoop...
    Last edited by mudski; 8th March 2018 at 07:35 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only pistons and rods
    Awesome thanks beneboy you legend

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    I'd love to whack a BW on mine to compare with the 3071 I have. I was asked a while ago what mine goes like. I could only compare it to being like a two stroke motorbike. Not a great deal down low than, bam it hits! Fun in the wet though. Lol. But thats what I have, I can't afford to buy a BW just to see, so it stays. As for intercoolers, front mount seems to be the go. My only concern is the extra cooler in front of the radiator, these motors can run hot as its well documented, so I am just wary of restricting air flow.
    But if you listen to Ben and Mat, these two know their shit, you'll build a beast.
    If you want to go top mount. I'll sell you my Cross Country Ultimate top mount. Lol .All you'll need is a scoop...
    Yeah I’m looking for a lot of low down grunt.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah I’m looking for a lot of low down grunt.

It would be bloody grouse to actually do a turbo swap and physically see and feel the difference for sure. Before building my TD I had never driven one. Not even a stock TD. So I have only ever had mine to compare to well, nothing. So my opinion doesn't really count. But mine does have low down grunt as you say, but I have zero idea, what is like to say AB's setup. You are welcome to come over one day and take mine for a spin to see if you like.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well pistons and rods is all I need really so perfect thanks Ben-e-boy you legend

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast