Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fitting a Redarc TowPro to a GUIV

Hi guys,

Well I have bitten the bullet and purchased a Redarc TowPro for the GUIV. I did a fair bit of reading and felt the TowPro auto Calibration on the fly was a winner.

So a couple of questions to begin with.

Where has everyone installed the single dial controller? Very interested in pics please, especially in a GUIV.

When I had my alarm fitted the installer fitted the warning light to that little panel on the right side of the steering wheel wheel Cuppa has his.

Show me where you put it.

Also, I am replacing an old controller. Should it be expected that the wiring colours will be the same? What is the best way to test colours? Does anyone have a list of colours for your towpro.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (24th September 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geez they have come down in price , might get one for the GU as the old unit rubs against the knee .

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Bacho86 has recently fitted his Darren. He has a GU4.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...l=1#post740503
    Last edited by Hodge; 24th September 2017 at 12:27 PM.
    2005 TD42TI

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (24th September 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    @Bacho86 has recently fitted his Darren. He has a GU4.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...l=1#post740503
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Hey Nath nah shouldn't light up without a trailer but as soon as you plug it in should be blue. Don't know how but knows when attached to the brakes will light up red when braking then. Took a while to calibrate mine probably half a K of on off brakes before it knew which way it was going.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacho86 View Post
    Install and wired up the redarc tow pro elite this arvo, easy enough job just time consuming for a novice!!

When I tested everything it was showing about 5v at the rear trailer plug pin no. 5, which increased to just shy of 12v when the controller was turned up to 10 and I applied the brakes.... however the controller led's never worked - no green, blue, red light or otherwise.... given I didn't have a trailer connected is this to be executed?

Should the redarc led's be lighting up during normal driving without a trailer?

@Yeti'sbeast @Rossco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome thanks for the confirmation, hopefully picking up the camper in the next couple days so will be able to try it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti's Beast View Post
    When you first connect the camper the LED might flash various colors for a while, but that's just the unit calibrating. Once it's settled it will remain blue while connected as Rosco said.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Bacho do you have the wiring detail you used? Wondering if it will transfer from my existing controller which is stuffed
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also pics of where you installed the dial would be awesome. Where d id you put the box?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMG_0043 2.JPGIMG_0042 2.JPG

This is in mine, later model.
    Just above traction button, had to cut out inside of the cover with a sharp chisel.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GeeYou8 For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (26th September 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks GeeYou8. Appreciate the pics. I have my Sub tank switch where your controller is and then 2 carling switched below that for spots and roof lights.

How did you fix the module up in there? Do you remember the wire colours?

Anyone else got pics?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @MudRunnerTD, away ATM but I'll try and get you some details over the next couple days.

Very happy towing with it though, effortless

2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bacho86 For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (26th September 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey @MudRunnerTD, away ATM but I'll try and get you some details over the next couple days.

Very happy towing with it though, effortless

Awesome mate. Really appreciate it

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a couple of brackets that hold wiring, I fitted a piece of aluminium flat bar between them.
    I only remember blue wire for the brakes & red was the brake light signal, both connect at the trailer plug. A length of whipper snipper line makes a good snake for pulling the wires through the conduit. Wires comes though a cable gland fitted where an accelerator cable would run if it had one.
    My sub tank switch & rear aircon are the two next to the cigarette lighters, can't see from driving position.
    Graham

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GeeYou8 For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (27th September 2017)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast