Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am no longer horny :(

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am no longer horny :(

Returned from 5 week trip to Tassie last week (just beat the lock downs).

While away my horn stopped working .......... checked the fuse and relay but no luck there ........... finally went to check the wiring connections to the horn ............ no horn to be found!! Seems it fell off somewhere in my travels. The main issue I have is it took the wires with it. Checked obvious looms around the front right of the engine bay but cannot see any loose wires or broken off wire ends.

So the question/request for those with a GU IV 4.2l Diesel - what are the wire colours for the horn connection and can you post a pic of where these wires connect into the loom.

Thanks in advance.
    Time Marches On .....and on ..... and on

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is a light blue with a red stripe. It is in the same form as the park/indicator/fog lamps and exits the form about 75mm in front of the grommet where it passes through the front panel.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that. I'll go have a look when it stops raining here!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is actually 2 horns, one in each corner. the Left is reliant on the right being there though! The Horn circuit has done my head in to be honest. i dont currently have a functioning horn on the GU. I spliced to install a relay for a better horn and now cant get anything to work. Got me stumped to be honest. So much so i need @matfew to have a look for me. Cant figure out what went wrong... There is No Horn Fuse or Horn Relay that i could find.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The circuit Earths Off the body.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Managed to tap into the loom on the front driver side to find the light blue with red trace (light blue was more a teal colour on my loom). couldn't find where it had broken, so tapped into it out of the mid point of the loom. Fitted an old horn I had in the shed (sounds like a sick emu, but works) connected the wire I had tapped into the loom and earthed the second tab on the horn to the body and it now works. Will look around for a better sounding horn when the world returns to normality.

Thanks Brissieboy for your assistance

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    Managed to tap into the loom on the front driver side to find the light blue with red trace (light blue was more a teal colour on my loom). couldn't find where it had broken, so tapped into it out of the mid point of the loom. Fitted an old horn I had in the shed (sounds like a sick emu, but works) connected the wire I had tapped into the loom and earthed the second tab on the horn to the body and it now works. Will look around for a better sounding horn when the world returns to normality.

Thanks Brissieboy for your assistance
    where did you tap in? inside the cab or in the engine bay or in front of the radiator panel? Keen to find this wire when i get the car back from the panel shop.

I rate the Stebel Horns for the win, there are cheaper versions on ebay but this is what they are al copying.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Air-Horn...IAAOSwjzleRfLg

Run it off a relay off your horn circuit. Nice and loud.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    where did you tap in? inside the cab or in the engine bay or in front of the radiator panel? Keen to find this wire when i get the car back from the panel shop.

I rate the Stebel Horns for the win, there are cheaper versions on ebay but this is what they are al copying.
    I tapped into the loom in the engine bay more or less adjacent to the starter battery. I chose this spot because it was the easiest for me to get at.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TimE For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (8th April 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    I tapped into the loom in the engine bay more or less adjacent to the starter battery. I chose this spot because it was the easiest for me to get at.
    Cheers, You didnt take a pic by chance did you or could you grab a pic. the loom there is fairly big and busy. My car is int eh panel shop for another couple of weeks but keen to sort this out when i get it back

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Cheers, You didnt take a pic by chance did you or could you grab a pic. the loom there is fairly big and busy. My car is int eh panel shop for another couple of weeks but keen to sort this out when i get it back
    This is not my engine bay, nicked a pic off the www, but it clearly shows the loom I cut into to find the light blue with red trace wire. (I reckon the light blue colour is more like a Teal, but I'm a picky old phart sometimes!)Patrol engine bay crop.jpg

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TimE For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (9th April 2020)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast